Status: This is the 1st time I have ever tried to put pen to paper for the stories in my head. Please provide feed back and comments it will help me to know if I am moving in the right direction and if I should continue. Thanks K

Embraces the Night

Chapter 12

MaryAnn and Brody stopped their conversation mid-sentence as the watched the head nurse approach them.

“Mr. Marshall, it appears your finance has had a severe allergic reaction. We’ve done everything we could for her at this point. She should make a full recovery over the next few days.” said the supervising nurse attending Emily.

“Very odd though” she continued, “We’ve received the records from her last doctor in Tampa and it appears that she has had no less than ten full panel allergy tests in the past five years and has not shown a positive results for anything. Never heard of someone who has had so many life threatening allergic reactions without a positive on the allergy panel. So strange!”

With her comments finished, and Emily’s blood pressure and temperature check completed the nurse headed out.

“Are you planning on staying the night Mr. Marshall, if so we can have a blanket brought in for you?” she asked

“Yes, I believe I am. Thanks for the blanket.” Said Brody. With that the nurse headed out.

“OH MY GOD!” exhaled MaryAnn.

“It’s true! It’s fucking true! OH MY GOD!!! How can this be?” MaryAnn’s voice was getting louder as she continued to say the same thing over and over again to Brody.

“Calm down MaryAnn, keep your voice down and let’s discuss this calmly. We don’t need half the hospital over hearing us and someone mistaking one of us as nuts” Brody rubbed her right upper arm as he continued.

“So, Emily told you that anytime she dates someone she becomes allergic to them afterward. Is that correct?” He questioned Mary Ann

“Uh Huh” MaryAnn mumbled while nodding her head up and down. Then said in a shaky voice

“That’s why you have to leave her alone. You heard the doctor said her heart is getting weaker every time she has one of these episodes. I know that you fancy yourself in love with her or something like that, but you’re going to kill her if you push this. I should have listened to her. OH MY GOD!!! She’s fucking allergic to men” MaryAnn was babbling again in an agitated fast voice.

It had been three days and Emily was still not recovered. Brody had refused to leave the hospital since he had arrived. The staff, had made the mistake of assuming he was her fiancé the day she was brought in, and he wasn’t inclined to correct them.

Brody was becoming concerned that she hadn’t come around yet, he might have to do something to speed this along. The doctor said everything is fine and that she would come around when she was ready to. She had been drifting in and out of consciousness for the past day.