Status: This is the 1st time I have ever tried to put pen to paper for the stories in my head. Please provide feed back and comments it will help me to know if I am moving in the right direction and if I should continue. Thanks K

Embraces the Night

Chapter 2

"God damn it! Is everybody stupid?" Brody was pissed. He was losing money hand over fist. Didn't anyone have any pride in their work anymore? "For Gods’ sake, hustle your asses and get finished before it costs me more money."

The crew Brody ran was already five days past their deadline. According to the contract he had with the owners, he would have to rebate the owners a $1,000 a day past the agreed upon completion date. The rebate and the days were adding up quickly and all the crew seemed to be interested in was gawking at the women who walked past and drinking liquor when the day was over.

Brody, however, never made either of those mistakes. No alcohol and no women. Period. The reason behind both was the same. Nirvana caused Brody to revert to his true self and that could get him killed.

Brody wasn't human. He was an Astanian, born on earth but genetically very different from humans. His ancestors had been on earth long before Cro-Magnon man was called man. But being here first didn't give his race an advantage. In fact, they were almost extinct. They had been hunted through history and called all kinds of monsters. Things like Vampire, as if they would drink blood, to werewolves, why is it that just because you could take the form of a wolf someone thought you were a werewolf, or worse from time to time they were even mistaken for Aliens.

They were none of those things. They were Astanian. Astanian, were the original people of Earth. Unlike humans, they were cold-blooded and had survived the ice-age. They were here when the dinosaurs still roamed, before the birth of mammals.

Once, a long time ago, when the humans were still a young race, they had worshipped the Astanian as Gods. Now, when the few remaining Astanian were outed, they were hunted and killed. Most often by having their heads removed from their shoulders.

Astanian were born with blue skin that appeared almost translucent. They are a beautiful race. The men and women were perfect, esthetically, in every way. They were stronger, faster, smarter and better looking than the young human race. Astanian lived approximately ten times longer than the average human. In fact, they really didn't age physically past 27ish until they found their true mate.

Astanian only mated once. They could only produce healthy offspring from that mate. The down side, if their mate turned out to be human, they would begin to age at the same rate as their human mate and die when their mate died.

Brody was nearly 400 years old and didn't look a day over 25. He stood an even 6'4"; in his humanoid form. He had wavy deep brown hair, wide muscular shoulders and a strong chiseled chin. He had sharp aquamarine eyes and abs any woman would want to lick.

In his natural form, the only thing that changed was his translucent blue toned skin and his long sharp front fangs. The fangs are the reason they have been called vampires from time to time. Astanian however were not blood drinkers, most, in fact were vegetarians. Brody, like all Astanian, is generally an easy-going, peaceful guy, but not today. Today he is angry, cranky and really frustrated with his crew.

"John, I want to see you tonight, with a full report on what the hell is going on and why the hell this project isn't finished. I expect to see your ass at my place by 6pm tonight. No more excuses!" Brody hollered to his leading man, then abruptly pulled open the door to his car and got in.

Brody turned on the ignition, turned up the radio and peeled out of the street. He was pissed off, full of tension and needed a break. Something was in the air, and he just couldn’t put his finger on it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Astanian {Pronounced A-Stan-Yan}