Status: This is the 1st time I have ever tried to put pen to paper for the stories in my head. Please provide feed back and comments it will help me to know if I am moving in the right direction and if I should continue. Thanks K

Embraces the Night

Chapter 21

Wesley had hung back when he and Emily arrived at the party. He wanted to drop out of sight, and change his persona. He was going to use his Jamaican persona and fade in with the help around the house. This way he could keep his eyes on the guests and Emily. He’d also have to keep his eye out for Revere’s sister.

How stupid! He thought. Why would councilor Davon ever allow the young hunter to bring his sister along on a hunt? This was ridiculous all they’d manage to do was give the Vulnus two targets to choose from and that meant Wesley’s job would be twice as hard.

He skirted behind the bushes and made a quick change. When he emerged he sported deep chocolate skin, a long lithe body with muscles that spoke of hard enduring work and a face that wasn’t too memorable so most people wouldn’t be able to describe him even if he conversed with them. He was dressed in the same uniform as all the other workers, but chose to wear his black Converse he’d carried in his purse instead of the traditional black work shoes.

He grabbed a tray from the kitchen and headed out to the food tent. His eyes were scanning the yard and surrounding area for anything out of the ordinary. He glanced over by the garden gates and saw Revere standing next to the gate speaking with someone. Most likely his sister thought Wesley.

Shame, she had her back turned so Wesley couldn’t make out her features. He did however notice how perfect her shape was and how absolutely beautiful her long wavy dark red hair was.

He took a harder look at Revere; it had been several years since he’d seen him last. When last he’d seen him he was still wet behind the ears and his body hadn’t even finished growing. He’s changed a lot in the past ten years.

His body had grown several inches taller and he now sported bulky muscles reminding Wesley of the popular actor/wrestler the Rock. He’d been so much smaller and naive back then. Wesley could see how much he’d changed; even his eyes now bore the look of a hardened killer. Gone was the soft twinkle of the boy he'd been, in its place now shone determination of the man he'd become.

Wesley remembered the last time he’d seen Revere as clearly as it was yesterday. The kid had a real impact on him. Something about that kid nagged at the back of his mind. He’d wanted to coddle him and take it easier. Wesley couldn’t then or now understand his strange feelings for the kid. He started to replay the event in his mind.

He had been in charge of training the newest hunters on several combat methods. It was a night training event. Wesley would play the part of the Vulnus and the trainees would stalk him and try to eliminate him. He’d decided he would keep the pretty one for last. He had intended to make it very quick. For some reason this kid made him uncomfortable. Dam uncomfortable.

One by one, Wesley had snuck up behind the students and taken them down. Quick and easy, not much of a fight from the lot of them. It was finally time to eliminate pretty boy. He’d chosen to approach him from above. He’d climbed from tree to tree watching Revere and waiting for the perfect time to drop down and take him out too. The kid had surprised him though; when Wesley dropped from the tree the kid was ready. He turned and started to engage Wesley in hand to hand combat. The kid had put up one hell of a fight. Every move Wesley threw, the kid countered.

It was as if Revere had been watching Wesley all though the night and had sucked up every move Wesley had used on the class then found a counter and used it on Wesley. All that closeness had bothered Wesley. It was as if he was somehow drawn to the kid.

The kid was dam good and with age he would likely be a better hunter than Wesley had been. Even tonight just looking over towards Revere, Wesley was getting all worked up. A feeling of protectiveness was swelling in his chest. Jesus fucking Christ he thought I am not a homosexual. What the fuck is wrong with me?