Status: This is the 1st time I have ever tried to put pen to paper for the stories in my head. Please provide feed back and comments it will help me to know if I am moving in the right direction and if I should continue. Thanks K

Embraces the Night

Chapter 25

Roxy had no intention of hiding. She was sick and tired of hiding. She didn’t want to be a victim; she wanted to be a hunter. She reached Davon and managed to make herself look breathless and petrified

“Davon. We are under attack. Revere and Wesley have already gone to get Emily and Brody to safety and they should be headed to the safe room. I’m on my way there now. Wesley thinks there are more than twenty of them out there and thinks it would be best if you helped get the humans out of the line of fire.”

He motioned for her to move on and she slipped around the corner and out of his sight. She them ripped her dress of, and changed into her male fighter persona. If there are at least twenty of them out there they will need me to help too, she thought. I will not hide while my brother and my brethren sacrifice their lives to keep me safe.

She was glad she had stuffed a pair of judo style fighting pants into her small clutch bag and pulled them over her very large manly legs. She grabbed her Glock and her favorite knife a Herter’s eleven inch curved blade made from titanium. Then sprinted quickly in the direction Revere and Wesley had taken off in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Davon was having flash backs. This attack was too similar to the one the Vulnus had pulled off at the Billings. Even odder the same Astanian guests were in attendance. Something bigger was going on here than just a random Vulnus seeking an Astanian mate. This was coordinated and many Vulnus were working together.

Aside from the attack on Revere and Roxy’s parents that was unheard of, Vulnus were dumb creatures who fended for themselves. They were not intelligent and did not formulate attack plans. They generally didn’t even like each other’s company. Something is definitely rotten and it’s not just their smell.

He spotted Brody running with Emily lying limply in his arms towards the house. Wesley and Revere turned back in the direction they had just come from.

“Brody, I just sent Roxy into the safe room. Make sure to keep the door shut and don’t open it until one of the hunters or myself comes to get you.”