Status: This is the 1st time I have ever tried to put pen to paper for the stories in my head. Please provide feed back and comments it will help me to know if I am moving in the right direction and if I should continue. Thanks K

Embraces the Night

Chapter 27

Roxy caught up to the pack of Vulnus first. She had skirted past her borther and Wesley in the maze, and figured she had at least five minutes on them. Upon clearing the maze she looked up to see probably forty or more of the fuckers out here. Holy Shit! That is way more than she’d anticipated. More than she’d been told had ever been in one place together.

She stopped charging at them and pulled out her Glock and started firing. She shot the first three she saw dead center of their forehead. They dropped like flies. The others started to fan out making them harder targets. She kept firing and they kept dropping. Not all of them were staying down though. Vulnus are not as easy to kill as humans. If you don’t shoot them in the head or heart the fucker gets back up. It looked like more were getting up then staying down.

Roxy checked her ammo and knew she didn’t have that much less. She gazed back into the maze wondering how much time elapsed and just how soon Revere and Wesley would join her.

Roxy felt the air shift behind her, and the overwhelming scent of Vulnus blasted her nostrils. She knew one of them managed to sneak up behind her. She turned and fired her gun point blank into its face.

Bits of blood and flesh splashed back into Roxy, some of it even gaining access to her mouth. She felt the blood burn her eyes like it was poison. She spat and watched as the Vulnus dropped to the ground writhing.

She took a moment to swipe the blood from her eyes, the fired another shot this one in his heart. That should have been a kill shot, but the fucker kept moving. It swung at with its arm, and managed to grab her foot just enough to knock her off balance.

Mother Fucker! She pulled the trigger again. The gun clicked but no shot fire. No more bullets. No big she thought and stomped on his head until she heard his skull crack under the weight of her foot. Dead now!

While Roxy had been concentrating on the Vulnus now lying at her feet, the others had managed to crowd her in and surround her with no way visible way out. It was stand and fight. So be it, she thought. Fight it is. After all it was better to burn out then fade away…

She started slashing with her knife while she landed solid kicks and punches to anything that got near enough to her. She connected solidly with at least three Vulnus. One moved closer and managed to grab one of her arms, she slammed head forward and delivered a rock-solid head butt to the Vulnus directly in front of her, dropping him to his knees.

She was taking damage on. One of them had managed to slice her upper thigh. She could feel the trickle of blood seeping through her pants and dripping down her legs. Thankfully, they didn’t all seem to attack at once. They seemed to be coming at her in pairs and trio’s, no more than four at any given time.

She landed a fatal blow on another. She could hear the bone popping sound as his nose exploded and his eyes bulged from its sockets. She took several more hits she’d fallen to her knee and took a concrete blow to the back of her head. It caused burst of starts to light up behind her eyes. The pain was almost nauseating.

She managed to push herself back onto her feet swaying slightly from the pain the various wounds in her body were causing her. Each hit she took from them was slowing her down.

Too many she thought, then exploded into an adrenaline driven round of violence. They were thinning out. She noticed that less of them were charging her at the same time, they were coming at her one at a time, like it was a game to them.

Roxy was tired, and her brain started to amuse itself. The next contestant she thought in her head is Mr. Ugly Ass, he excels at head bashing and internal organ eating. While watching Mr. Ugly Ass, his buddy Mr. Neck Breaker grabbed her from behind and attempted to snap her neck.

She slammed her head back into his face, twisted her body around and pressed her thumbs into his eye sockets. She felt a small squish as they burst under her thumbs. Her released her and she dropped to the ground. Mr. Ugly Ass took advantage, and drove a swift hard kick to the face. She exploded in pain.

They attacked in mass again, her last conscious thought was guess they’re tired of playing/