Status: This is the 1st time I have ever tried to put pen to paper for the stories in my head. Please provide feed back and comments it will help me to know if I am moving in the right direction and if I should continue. Thanks K

Embraces the Night

Chapter 28

Revere and Wesley cleared the maze and could see the Vulnus about a hundred yards ahead of them with someone on the ground. They were kicking, punching and ripping chunks of flesh off his body with their teeth.

“FUCK!!!!” Shouted Revere. He sprinted towards the crowd, legs pumping and firing his gun at anything moving.

“ROX, I’m coming hang in there.” Revere was moving as fast as his legs would carry him. He discharged one bullet after another from his weapon, the shots sprayed haphazardly into the crowd of Vulnus.

Wesley was right behind him, firing his hollow points were precision while maintaining his swift pace. The hollow point bullets detonated on impact and caused the Vulnus’ heads to explode outwards. Brains and blood splattering everywhere

Revere got to where Roxy was laying and straddled her body on the ground and screamed for Wesley to do the same.

“Straddle him, and watch my back.” Both of them had used all their bullets up. They were down to their hands and knives.

Standing with their legs parted and a wounded Roxy beneath them, the engaged the remaining Vulnus in hand to hand combat.

Wesley eyed the unknown Astanian lying on the ground and determined there were no fatal injuries. But had the strange compulsion to bend down and stoke his fingers along the wounds just to make sure. He shook his head and decided Revere’s plan to straddle and hold position was a strategic one.

They slashed at the Vulnus with their knives; they kicked at any that got to close. They switched positions when the Vulnus attacked from the other side. The grassy area had turned red with the blood of the Vulnus.

There were detached legs, pieces of hands and other body parts strewn around. But the Vulnus seemed to be multiplying. For each one they struck down with a fatal blow another stood in its place.

One of the Vulnus got a lucky hit in on Revere and managed to knock his knife free. As he twisted down over Roxy’s body to retrieve it he was stuck from behind knocking him to his knees. Wesley turned just in time to stop a Vulnus from taking off Revere’s head.

It wasn’t looking like any of them were getting out of there. Too fucking many thought Wesley. They hadn’t been prepared to fight more than one or two Vulnus. Vulnus never fought in packs.

Brody shot from the maze at a swift forty five miles per hour. His wolf was large, close to 230 pounds of pure muscle, fangs and claws. He started ripping through the Vulnus.

You could hear their bones crunching as he ripped their arms from their sockets, then latched his fangs into their neck and tore through their throat.

Wesley and Revere were still taking out their fair share and were down to the last few. Wesley grabbed the nearest Vulnus and using the strength only an Astanian has, he tore his torso in half. Revere slammed his elbow into the face of the Vulnus nearest him forcing the Vulnus to drop. He grabbed it by the back of its head and slammed it into a skull of an already dead Vulnus smashing it to bits.

The wolf already grabbed the last Vulnus and was tearing its heart out with its teeth. Blood was dripping from the wolf’s fangs and its muzzle was covered with stringy unidentifiable bits of internal organs.

They’d managed to survive and kill them all. Not one Vulnus survivor. Brody shifted back into his natural Astanian form. He stood naked looking at the carnage that lay around him. He felt bile build at the back of his throat.

Revere was shaking Roxy’s unconscious male form and babbling.
“What were you thinking? You better wake the fuck up and be ok. Why the hell would you come after them on your own? Please get up” A small tear slipped from his eyes.

“Rox, get up now! “ He shouted more loudly. Her eyes twitched then opened. “Did we win?” she asked.

Wesley leaned down and looked into the eyes of the unknown Astanian. It only ever took one look… and you know he thought, and then said out loud

“Fuck me! I am a homo and he’s my mate!!!”

“What? Your mate? Hell no, that’s my twin, Roxy,” said Revere.

Brody was still vomiting but heard the name Roxy. He looked over, as the meaning of what had been said finally processed though his brain. He screeched,

“If that’s Roxy… who the fuck did I leave Emily with?"