Status: This is the 1st time I have ever tried to put pen to paper for the stories in my head. Please provide feed back and comments it will help me to know if I am moving in the right direction and if I should continue. Thanks K

Embraces the Night

Chapter 8

Emily was startled awake by her cell phone ringing early the next morning. She pushed receive on her phone and said

“Hello” Wow she thought where did that husky tone come from?

“Well hello” said MaryAnn. “You sound well rested. Just wanted to give you a call and make sure you’re ready for today.” Emily cleared her throat and said

“Sure am! I can’t wait to get started!” They talked for a little while about the Jensen job and some different design concepts then hung up.

Since Emily had showered the night before, she knew it wouldn’t take her that much time to get ready so she wandered into the kitchen to see if there was any food or coffee in the cabinets.

Looking around, Emily realized she was going to need to go shopping. There was nothing in the condo. Not even an old sugar packet lying around. She decided to throw on her clothes and head out for some breakfast. She would have to hit the grocery store after her meeting with Mrs. Jensen.

She decided to wear her best power suit. A light grey Ann Klein, with a red silk blouse. She also picked out her best pair of heels. She styled her hair in gentle curls around her face. Applied lip gloss and a little mascara. Emily wasn't big on wearing too much makeup. She tried not to attract too much attention to herself since attention almost always came with a penalty. Today however she wanted to look her best!

She had learned during her time with the firm that for some reason, clients thought attractive people had better ideas and better designs... so with that thought in mind she took extra care to make sure Mrs. Jensen didn't find Emily’s looks lacking.

With one last look in the mirror, Emily grabbed her laptop, notebook and purse and headed out of the condo.

It was only 7:30am and it was already hot in Miami. She was starting to sweat before she even got down to the parking level. She looked around and didn't immediately spot her car. She was tired last night when she parked it and hadn’t paid enough attention to where she was at. She pushed the alarm button on her key and heard a beep off to her right and headed in the direction of the sound.

Pulling out of the parking garage Emily noticed how beautiful the surroundings where. The beach was just off to her left, the water looked so clear and inviting. People were already lying on the beach or bathing in the water. Couples were holding hands as they walked towards the beach together.

Emily started to picture herself holding Brody’s hand and walking on the beach. Shake out of this Emily! Her mind screamed at her. No more thoughts of Brody Marshall. This is ridiculous. For Gods sakes, you can’t go around lusting for a man simply because he is the most gorgeous specimen of a man you have ever seen. You know how this will end....so... don’t you dare get started!!!