Status: Active.

Switched

One

It was March thirteenth. A Monday, and also the last day of spring break.
It was around eight o'clock and just starting to get dark here in Los Angeles, California.
I had on a pair of my favorite black converse shoes and was wearing my favorite My Chemical Romance hoodie along with some black skinny jeans.
I was out in my backyard, sitting on our old, rotting swing that hung from a big oak tree. My dad had hung it there for me when I was around four. The thing was about thirteen years old, and it looked as if it was about to give out on me at any moment.
I didn't care though. It was my favorite place to sit and think. Well, in this case, sit and listen to my ipod.
The song "Don't You Know Who I Think I Am" by Fall Out Boy was blaring out of my headphones.
I had my head resting on the dirty rope that was holding up the aged plank of wood I was sitting on.
My eyes were closed, and I was swinging slightly.
Totally oblivious to everything that was going on around me. Not that there really was anything going on around me, being eight o'clock at night and all, but if there was something going on, I would've surely been oblivious to it.

I must've stayed on that swing for a good three hours. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep... even though I had no recollection of falling asleep, but it wouldn't have been odd for me if I did. (I'd been known for falling asleep in strange places normal people wouldn't want to sleep in. One example would be the shower).
I looked down at my ipod, noticed that it was turned off, and tried to turn it back on again only to find out that the charge had died.
I sighed, pulled out my headphones, wrapped them around my ipod then threw it on the ground, too lazy to stand up and stick it in my pants pocket.
I let my eyes close and laid my head back onto the rope. The sound of crickets filled my head.
It was annoying beyond belief.
A displeased groan escaped my lips as I sat up straight. I didn't really want to go back into my house since it was such a nice night out, and I was a big out door type person, but the sound of those crickets was going to drive me mad.
My head tilted back and the stars and the moon engulfed my vision. It was truly beautiful. The sky was clear and the stars were bright.
I smiled. The annoying crickets left my mind for a moment as I focused on the sight.
The night sky had always fascinated me, particularly the moon.
Just knowing that somewhere out there someone had to be looking at that same moon at the same time I was, was something that made me smile, no matter how lame and corny that may sound.
I would always think about the same person whenever I would gaze up at the moon.
Gerard Arthur Way.
I'll admit, I did feel a bit guilty thinking of him because he was in fact married, but I really couldn't help it. I couldn't help who I liked. Trust me. I tried.
And I guess living in the same state, in the same city, made my crush even bigger just knowing that it was possible that I could run into him randomly walking down the street or shopping at some store.

I sighed again and began to let my thoughts wander.
I was the type of person who lived inside their head a lot.
I would always daydream and think about weird things, such as if fish ever get bored swimming around in a bowl all day and night.
Just completely random things like that.
This night however I began thinking about a movie I had watched earlier that day. Freaky Friday. You know the one where a mom and daughter switch bodies.
I started thinking if I could switch bodies with someone, live their life for one day, who would it be?
Well, it didn't really take me long to decide on an answer.
Lindsey Ann Ballato.
I mean, who wouldn't want to switch lives with a person who was married to someone theyloved really liked?
And it was right at that moment that I saw something.
A shooting star.
Before I even had time to think, the words "I wish I could be Lindsey," stumbled out of my mouth.
Only a few seconds after I said those six words, I rolled my eyes and snorted at how ridiculously stupid I was.
There I was seventeen and wishing upon a shooting start, which in reality was only a particle of debris in the solar system.
I got off the swing, grabbed my ipod and trudged myself across my backyard, up my back stairs and into my back door, all the while thinking how idiotic I was and glad that no one was there to hear me wish on a star because they would have surely thought I was insane.
Actually, I started to question my own sanity at that moment.

My house was quite when I entered it. My mom and dad must've been already sleeping, which was no surprise since it was eleven o'clock.
I made my way through my kitchen, down the hall, up the staircase, and into my bedroom.
I didn't even bother changing into a pair of pajamas that night. I just put my ipod on my dresser, kicked off my shoes, and crawled into bed, falling asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had this story on my other account, but I deleted that account so... I decided to put it up again! Let me know if I should continue :)