Status: Active.

Switched

Six

Holly’s POV

You have no idea how weird it was to be looking into a mirror, expecting to see your own reflection staring back at you, only to find that your reflection was in fact not staring back at you, but your favorite female bassist was.
It took all I had in me to not totally freak out.
I mean, yeah, I had wished for this.
I had thought about this happening for a long time, but I had never once thought it would actually happen.
Never.
Not in a million years would I have thought something like this would happen to me. Not little, old, ordinary me.
Hell, I didn’t even think something like this would ever happen to someone like… oh, I don’t know, Oprah, one of the wealthiest women in the United States, for example. Something like switching bodies with someone else just didn’t happen. It just didn’t.
Well.
I guess I got proved wrong, didn’t I?
Because I had in fact completely switched bodies with someone.
And it wasn’t just any someone.
I had switched bodies with Lindsey Ballato.
Lindsey Ballato.
The same Lindsey who just happened to be married to the Gerard Way.
The Gerard who just happened to be sitting on the floor not but five feet from where I was standing.

I quickly whipped my head around and my gaze landed on the man who was sitting there on the floor, looking completely and utterly confused.
“Oh shit,” I said, my hands flying up to cover my mouth after realizing that I had unintentionally been the cause of Gerard losing his balance and falling onto the floor. “I-I am so, so s-sorry.”
Gerard rose to his feet, looking even more confused.
“Sorry for what?” His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were turned down into a frown.

“I-I, um, knocked you over.”

“What? No you didn’t,” He stated, taking a few steps closer to where I was standing. “I just lost my balance. Are you okay?”
All I could do was watch as he kept walking closer and closer to me.
My legs felt like jello and my hands were starting to shake at my sides as the full realization that Gerard Way, my hero, my savior, was standing in the same room with me. Breathing in the same air as me.
I felt like I was going to faint.

Thank God I didn’t.
That would’ve been embarrassing.

He came to a stop less than a foot away from me.
He was so close I could smell him.
Honestly smell him.
He smelt like a mix of cigarettes and cologne.
“Lindsey,” He said, his confused expression still there, but now joined by a very worried one. “You’re acting really weird. What’s wrong?”
His scent seemed to cloud my mind because I was unresponsive for a few seconds. I hadn’t even noticed him talking. This seemed to worry him even more because the next thing I knew, his hand was on my shoulder and he was shaking me slightly.
I blinked a few times, coming out of the dazed like state I had been in, and looked up into Gerard’s worried face.
“What?” I asked stupidly.
Well, I’m impressed that I actually managed to say that, honestly.
My mouth was so dry because of my stupid nerves, it was hard to talk.
“What’s the matter with you?” He asked, again.
Now he seemed to be engulfed with full out worry.

“I-I, um,” I kept stuttering, not really able to form the right words in my mind. “Uh, nothing. Nothing’s w-wrong. Why?”

“Why?” He asked as if he was completely shocked by the question. “What do you mean why? You can’t even get out a single sentence! You’re acting like one of the fans when they first ask for an autograph or something.”
My hands started to sweat and shake even more.
I kept biting my bottom lip and glancing around the room.
He was going to figure it out.
He was going to realize that I, one of his weird fans, had made a wish to switch lives with his wife and then he would think I was a total freak and hate me forever.
Yeah.
I know.
I was being over dramatic. But I was panicking and I couldn’t really help it. I tried telling myself to calm down, just relax, and that did seem to work a bit. I managed to make myself realize there was no way in hell that he would be able to figure out that I had wished to switch lives with his wife, because honestly, who would ever think that someone could actually switch with someone?
No one, that’s who.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update! Comment, please!