Gone and Never Coming Back

Gone: Chapter 21

Jada

How long can I continue on with this lie, huh? How long can I go on with something I just can’t for fill in no type of way at all. Cameron isn’t a dummy and he never could fully believe everything out of my mouth but the least I can do is try. Maybe I could fake a miscarriage, get someone to carry—That’s nonsense.

“So are you sure you don’t want me to come? I’m not doing anything.”

I smiled at his try at being sweet, when in all honesty he just wanted to be nosey. “No thanks baby,I’m fine going by myself. Plus I need some time to think.”

He gave me a slight head nod and I grabbed my purse and keys to my rental and stepped right out our hotel room door. I skipped down to the hall and hit the down button on the elevator and waited. It popped open and the annoying bell went off.

A familiar face appeared in the elevator,a way too familiar face that I only wanted to see in hell.

“Jaden!” She called “I know your face when I see it! For heavens sakes I bought the shit.”

I pulled out my mirror and started to apply a shade of lipstick to my lips. Malika Cole; not the person I’d like to see.

“Cat got your tongue Jaden?” She asked with a grin.

“Malika stay away from me, and I’m only going to say it once.” The elevator doors popped open and I waked right out and into the lobby. If this bitch thought he was going to come for me at such a bad time like this… He has another thing coming.

- - -

Aaliyah

I walked up to the phone area where in seconds my life would feel a little bit better and a genuine smile would replace my face of such distraught and agitation. I hated being without my baby boy and I knew he hated being without me. I mean I’m all he’s knows, and it’s all my fault I’m in this hell on earth. This place with iron bars, and plastic trays with piles of food you wouldn’t ever imagine eating even on your worst day. Just in a few seconds my baby was going to arrive and give me some type of satisfaction.

Though never in a million years did I think that Tyler would be the one I depended on and I trusted with my everything. I guess after you grew up you recognized your faults and what actually matters in life. This man had changed more than I’d seen anyone do, and as far as I know he actually has good intentions when it came to me.

I sat down at the wooden beaten down stool and looked across at the silver phone. It looked as if it could use some type of sanitation but at this point in time, I can’t judge anyone. I swatted my hair down a little bit and straightened the wrinkles out my jump suit. I had to look presentable in some type of way for my son and Tyler.

The visitors began pouring in and I could see all the woman in this place faces turn up into excitement and delight. I could see men, woman, son’s, daughters mother and fathers… All coming in for the same reasons; to see the one they loved at such a horrible state.

I spotted Tyler walking inside with Cayden in his arms laying across them tiredly. I smiled softly and waited for him to look towards me. When he did I smiled the brightest smile I could muster up and he walked towards me.

Tyler tapped Cayden and he turned around to eye me and a huge smile broke across his face. I could make out and read his lips. He was calling out mommy. I pointed to the phone and he raced over and picked it up.

“What’s mommy’s number?” Cayden asked looking back at Tyler. “I have to hurry and call her!” He shouted.

I laughed. “Baby I’m already on the phone.” I grinned and placed my hand to the glass an his matched up with mine. The glass separating us was a thick as a brick and the cheapest bullet proof.

“Mommy!” He shouted. “Are you coming home today?” He asked looking deeply at me. I can tell it is affecting him in some way, maybe it’s small, maybe it’s big but it’s affecting him.

My eyes began to water and I quickly wiped them. “Baby I can’t come home today…Mommy’s vacation has to be a little more longer.”

He gulped. “How longer is longer?” Cayden questioned touching the glass as if he could gently wipe my tears away. Tyler stood behind him with his arms crossed and a face full of sympathy. It’s nothing he can do for me at this point but take care of Cayden.

“Longer..” I mumbled. I couldn’t tell him that five months was left to go. It wasn’t as bad as the other woman had, but it was bad for me. I never spent a night without him.

“Okay.” He sighed and pointed to his hair. “Uncle Tyler cut all my curls off mommy!”

I looked at them and my face turned bright red. “No he didn’t! Why did you let him do that Cay?” I said giggling. “You were too cute with your curls baby.”

“I wanna be a big boy ma! So I cut all my curls off, big boys don’t have curls.” He reasoned looking back at Tyler who kept laughing lightly.

“That’s not true. Will you grow them back for mommy?” I asked batting my eye lashes and he tapped his temple with his chubby finger.

“Me think about it.” He chuckled.

I smiled lightly and looked back at Tyler who was standing there with his arms folded letting Cayden do all the talking. “Can I talk your uncle Tyler really fast?”

Cayden nodded. “This phone stinks.” He passed it off to Tyler and he stood over him on the stood and began talking.

“You look beautiful.” He said genuinely. “Really beautiful.”

I rolled my eyes. “Maybe you need glasses because I look awful!”

“Nah you look great. No makeup, no jewelry, none of that. Just you and your beautiful smile, and natural assets.”

“Look at you sir.” I grinned. “I appreciate all of that, but I don’t believe it one bit.”

He bit his lip softly. “Well when you get the fuck outta here, I’ma show you how true it is, alright Leah Beah?”

“I’ll take you up on your offer, just make sure it stands for the next five months.” I smiled and the lights flickered meaning the visit was up.

Tyler passed the phone back to Cayden and he held it to his face again. “Well mommy I’m going to miss you again, when can I come back?”

“Next week baby! Be good for Tyler, I love you always okay?”

“Okay.”

I watched as they disappeared behind the cement wall leaving me alone again. Once every person was gone I could see the faces in the room fall again, and once again mine was full of distraught.

Chris/Cameron

My phone rang and I looked down at it to see Alberto’s name fly across my screen repeatedly. I grabbed it and put it to my ear. I knew he had some news on Aaliyah by now.

“So..?”

“The girls in jail.” He said simply. “Doing a 6 month bid.”

“A 6 month bid? What the fuck! What she do to get in there? You got the wrong Aaliyah she’s not like that!”

“Assault of a police officer.” He continued. “Turns out her kid drowned in the tub and she assaulted the officer for blaming her.”

“Her kid!?” I shouted. “Is he okay?!”

“Yes, he just got out of group home system. He’s now living with Tyler Brown.” He said ruffling some paper in the background.

“Tyler Brown?!” I shouted. “What type of shit are you telling me Bert!?”

“You’re going to shut the fuck up and stop shouting at me! I only get the information, nothing more nothing less.”

“My bad man…” I mumbled. “This is all true?”

“Yes it is, and I’m only going to tell you once to stay calm and stay where your at. I know these men wont settle until they find who’s responsible for that heist, and I know your name has been moving.

“By who exactly?” I asked tapping my foot against the floor.

“I can’t tell right now.” The line went dead and I tossed my phone across the sofa. I couldn’t even bare to hear Aaliyah’s name and Tyler’s in the same sentence, I couldn’t.

I heard a knock at the door and trudged over to it. It had to be house keeping because no one else knew about my room. I opened up the door and a tall woman stood holding a hair pin.

“Ohhhh, is this Jada’s room?”

“Yeah…” I mumbled, Whats good?”

“I’m just delivering her hair pin that she dropped in the elevator, that’s all.” She smiled and placed in my hand. “Your her boyfriend?”

“Does it matter…” I said huffing. “Thanks for dropping by.” I slammed the door in her face and trudged back to the sofa for a well needed nap.

At this point, I’m going to say fuck Alberto’s commands and get back to the A as soon as possible. I closed my eyes and ran four fingers across my chest. “And when I get there I’ll tell her.”

Bow

This was the truth, my truth. The ending to all of this bullshit. I wasn’t going to be in this place any longer, I just have to play my cards right.

They sat down in front of me and put the tape recorder on, for the final truth. The final thing they needed to get me the fuck outta here and Breezy in here. I had to get my baby girl.

“So who set up the heist Mr.Moss?”

“Christopher Breezy Brown.”

“Will you testify?”

I looked down at the table and took a long pause before answering. I don’t know if I can actually do that to myself.

“Will you testify in Brown vs. The state of Georgia Mr.Moss?”

“Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay!! Been sick, and school has been messy. Plus I need a new computer:/