Gone and Never Coming Back

Twenty Three

5 notes
gone: chapter 23 ( let me redeem myself)
Eyes Open

Chris/Cameron

I looked down at my phone and read the text. It would gave me just enough information to go see Leah and find out who the fuck had my son. I looked back at Jada who face was bright red. Maybe she knew exactly why I was here, maybe she didn’t.

I stood from the sofa and walked around her and into the kitchen. At this point the only one who can comfort me is Jack Daniels himself. I took a hard swig of jack and placed it on the counter making a small sound.

Jada walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter and looked me seriously in the eyes. If you asked me it looked like she held so much secrets and deceit in her light brown eyes. I just knew she wanted to lay it on me.

“I hope you aren’t going to see that bitch!” She shouted.

“What if I am.”

“Fine by me Chris.” She giggled and I could see the evil in her eyes. That girl who was once so sweet and delicate, was now replaced with someone with so much hatred, and hostility.

“What bitch!” I yelled grabbing the knife from the rack and raising it to her neck. Whoever this bitch was… I felt bad.

“You heard me Christopher Brown.” She laughed and looked me in the eye some more. It was like her soul had come and left.

“Bitch my name is Cameron Lee.” I said raising the knife higher.

She leaned back on the counter and broke out into laughter as if I had said the funniest thing in the world, and it was getting funnier by the second. Never would I have ever guess to see Jada in this state.

“Get the knife out my face… I already sent a text to someone who hates you very much, and if you try to kill me everyone will know. So take the knife out of my face and we can talk about this Chris.” She chuckled.

I lowered the knife and grabbed her neck. “Bitch you better get the talking.”

I guess when someones fed up, they’re fed up. Jada was a prime example… I guess she couldn’t take anymore, but it didn’t mean she had to try and put me on blast. I had skeletons in my closet, and I bet she had some too. Just a matter of time before I knew her’s like she knew mine.

Aaliyah

I looked laid back on the hard cot and read a page from Evelyn Lozada’s book Inter Circle; Tyler has good taste. My days seemed to get longer here and my smile seemed to get dimmer. Tyler hadn’t bothered bringing Cayden here to see me in days, but always kept in touch. He said that he was tired of watching Cayden talk to me through a dirty jail phone, or maybe a wall. I was tired of it too. I find myself staring out the window a lot wishing that my time here would end a slightly soon. Just a little bit.

“Rome!” I heard the guard say down the hall. “Rome! You got a visit.”

I shuffled in my bed and bent the page to my book and placed it down before hopping off my bunk.

The doors to the cell opened up and I was handcuffed. I hated being handcuffed for the simple fact, that I wasn’t a criminal but they thought so.

We walked down the long hall until we reached a metal door and they pushed my forward. I noticed a fairly dark skinned woman around my age sitting across the glass with a small smile.

I took a seat and lifted the phone to my ear and waited for her to tell me why she was here. “Yeah?”

“Listen to me.. And listen well.”

I nodded.

“Don’t ask any questions, just please listen Aaliyah.” She said seriously. “Now I know you know Jayden who know goes by Jada. Don’t trust him! I’ve known this man for many years, and he is not trustworthy. I’m just warning you Aaliyah keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I can’t tell you what I know, and I what I don’t know but I can tell you.. Everyone doesn’t want the best for you.” She placed the phone down and began to gather her bag.

I tried to sum up all the information she had gave me and find out exactly what she was saying to me. All I really got out of the whole thing was that Jada was a man, and no one could be trusted at this point.

I looked down at the spot where she was sitting at and saw a piece of paper that read Keep Your Eyes Open. I shrugged it off and walked back through the metal door. I rubbed my eyes and made my way back into my cell and they shut the bars back. I picked up my book and noticed that it was turned over like the way I left it. I looked down at my feet and grabbed my blade.

Eyes Open huh?

I placed the phone back on the hook and looked around before heading back to the cell, I called mine.