Gone and Never Coming Back

Gone: Chapter Two

Aaliyah

I held Cayden’s hand as I walked to my car my heels clicking on the pavement. My head felt like a ton of bricks had been dropped on it causing the worst migraine in forever.

The rain began to start again the warm rain drops hit my body slowly and I continued to walk. Cayden was frustrated and he slipped out of my hand and ran faster to the car banging on the window.

“Mom come on!” He shouted. “It’s raining animals.” He laughed.

I sighed hitting the lock and he jumped into his booster seat before I made it over to strap him in and secure. “Can I have a peaceful ride home? Please? I have a headache Cay.”

“Did I give you a headache?” He frowned.

I smiled softly. “Absolutely!”

“What?”

“You didn’t let me finish, now did you?”

He shook his head no and I pinched his cheeks, they were just like Chris’s.

“Absolutely not.” I smiled before shutting the door and retreating to my seat and putting the key in the ignition.

It grumbled and then stopped and I just knew my car was going to be sitting here for some time until it started.

I tried a few more times and got the same result. I had no money to be calling a Tow truck to get my car out this damn parking lot.

“Cay?” I called.

I could hear his light snores and I hit the steering wheel causing the horn to beep. I sighed softly weighing my options.

Call a tow truck.

Get out and fix my car.

Walk.

I huffed and pulled out my phone dialing 411 but when I didn’t hear a dial tone I looked at my screen and realized I had no service at all.

“My god!” I screamed before trying to turn on the heat. “Just give me some heat and I’ll be satisfied god.” I muttered.

When the heat didn’t wanna work I threw my phone across the car and covered my face and laid it on the steering wheel.

Just another March 12th for me. They always ended up sucking ass and I always had bad luck out this world. I didn’t understand why.

Chris

I stepped out of friendly’s and eyed the parking lot guessing that she had pulled of by now but when I saw her laying her head across the steering wheel I knew my luck had changed.

“Breezy you can’t just go up to her and be like, I’m back! It don’t work like that my nigga.” Tyga said walking up behind me.

I sighed. “I just need to talk to her man.”

“Looks like she moved on if you ask me. You ain’t see that kid?”

I huffed. I saw the kid and when I saw him I hoped like hell some how he was mine. But I knew it wasn’t so. Aaliyah just moved faster than I thought.

“I saw the kid.” I muttered blowing out steam.

“Well tell her your name. You look way different. If she knew it was you don’t you think she would have tripped?” Tyga asked.

“Alright.. Cameron I am.”

“Yeah nigga, you better remember.” Tyga said saluting me and walking over to his car leaving me with my thoughts.

I decided on his suggestion and walked over to her car to see why she was just parked out front of here. I knocked on the window.

She lifted her head up with tears in her eyes. “Excuse me?” She asked rolling down her window.

“I’m sorry to bother but I couldn’t help but notice you out here.. It’s really cold and rainy.” I mumbled.

“I’m fine.” She rolled her window back up.

I knocked again. “Did your car break down? I’m great with cars.”

“No it-” She started.

I smiled and lifted her top up looking through it and I immediately spotted the problem. “Beautiful all you need is a jump.”

She eyed me. “You think so?”

“And a oil change, Your breaks need to be spruced up and a few other things. But a jump to get you rolling.”

She wiped her eyes. “Thank you.”

“Cameron.” I said putting her top down and walking over to shake her hand.

“Aaliyah.” She muttered.

“It’s raining out here, and I know it’s cold as hell in that car. How about you and little man sit in my car for a little bit and I’ll give you a jump. It’s really warm in there.”

She looked back at her son and then me. Her light brown eyes showed fear and uncertainty. Did I do that?

“I don’t know about-“

“I’m just trying to help but its-“

“Alright we’ll go.” She offered stepping out of her car and walking towards the back seat to grab her sleeping son.

“Seems heavy.” I laughed. “I’ll carry him.”

She smiled and passed him to me and I rushed over to my car to get out of the rain while her heels clicked behind me.

Once I was to the car I put little man down and Aaliyah slid into the back seat beside him. I drove the car towards her’s and got out to jump it. I was probably going to electrocute myself but anything for her.

I could see her eyeing me as I used the jump cables to try and get it started when I heard the ignition rumble I smiled back at her. “There it is!”

She laughed and kissed her son and carried him back over to her car. The rain was coming to a slow.

“Thank you.. Cameron.” She smiled.

“No thank you.” I laughed. “I own a shop you can swing on by and I’ll hook you up free of charge.”

“I can’t take that.” She shook her head.

“But you will.” I placed my card in her hands. “Whenever your ready.”

“Thanks again.”

“Oh and Aaliyah..” I called.

“Yeah?”

“You shouldn’t cry so much, your way too beautiful.”

She chuckled and looked back at me with a small smile. “I wish it was that simple but every one gets hurt Cameron.”

I gulped and she hopped in her car strapping her son down and peeling out of the parking lot.

I held my four fingers to my chest. It was exactly 4 years but I guess she didn’t get that. I had to get at her someway.