Gone and Never Coming Back

Gone: Chapter Six

Aaliyah

They plopped that brown stuff that I didn’t know exactly the name of down on my plate and went to the next person.

I hated this place, more than anything. I hated the kids, I hated the food, and I hated the beds we had to sleep in.

I knew this wasn’t where I was from and created because every time I looked out the window, I saw life. I saw things way better than this place. I tried to remember and rack my brain on where I came from.

Who were my parents?

Did I have brothers and sisters?

Why did I get sent here?

The woman eyed me and I lifted my fork up from the slop on my plate and into my mouth.

Pretty much all I knew was that I was 7, I didn’t even know if Aaliyah was my actual name, but it grew on me.

- - -

“Hello?” Jada snapped her fingers in my face. “Are you going to tell me? It’s like you zoned out or something.”

I shook the thoughts, and wonders out of my head. “Oh yeah.. I went to lunch with Cameron the other day.”

“What? Why the fuck did you do that?” Jada stood. “I ain’t run you off as that type Aaliyah.” She starting taking out her hoop earrings.

“You need to calm down! It wasn’t even like that.”

She stopped and stared at me before sitting down. “I’m sorry.. I just like him so much.”

I nodded. “I understand.”

“Come here girl, give me a hug.” Jada frowned.

I didn’t know what was up with her and these lesbian antics but I had cut it short, before she thought I was interested in her ways.

I hugged her shortly and pulled away, clearing my throat. “I gotta go to work, Be easy.”

She smiled. “Thanks Aaliyah.” She laughed. “And don’t try and steal my man, lord knows you’re prettier than me.”

I laughed pathetically. “Oh please, you’re fine Jada, be easy.”

I raced out the door, because I couldn’t stand to hear her go on any longer. I was really thinking about cutting our friendship off, I didn’t need friends.

My phone vibrated against my leg and I looked down to see a text from Cameron. I smiled and read it.

“Have a beautiful day for a beautiful girl:)”

I laughed and replied. “Same to you:)”

Chris

“And who are you texting? Mr. Koolaid man himself?” Hope said referring to my smile.

I laughed and looked up at her. “Hope?!”

“My flight came in early, thank god.” She hugged me. “So who are you texting?”

“Aaliyah.” I muttered.

“Aaliyah? You told her?” She said with her mouth open. “Christopher Columbus why are you just now telling me? She took it well?”

I rolled my eyes. “No actually, she’s texting Cam not Chris.”

“So cliche.” She commented.

“Shut the fuck up.” I laughed. “Don’t even start.”

Hope sat down and looked up at Tyga who had just brought her a bottle of water. She crossed her legs. “Go get the boys.”

Tyga nodded like he was her maid or some shit and returned with everyone. Sean, Gui, Mijo, Trey and Bow.

“Let me start by saying, you guys are the dumbest niggas I know.” Hope joked. “And it was really hard for me to come up with this plan.” She pulled out a graph on a huge board.

“Tell us already damn.”

“Shut up.” She eyed me. “Okay, this is the whole building right here. It will take us about 7 minutes to go in and get out. This will be one of the hugest Heist to ever be succeeded. Yes I said succeeded because I know we can do this.”

We all nodded in agreement.

“We go in, we shoot 6 of the men who will be guarding the door and waiting for the money truck to come in. We’ll call it Henry.” She pointed to the side entrance. Bow and Gui will be sitting in a mail truck on the right side, while Trey and I will be right in the heart of the building.” She pointed to where they would be gambling. “We will notify if any change ups.”

Trey nodded. “Sounds good.”

“Shut up I ain’t done.” She laughed. “Mijo, and Sean will be the ones who shoot the guards going straight in, Now Chris and Tyga being the sharp shooting and quick niggas you are you are the most important, and you need to go onto that truck kill them niggas. Two in the front, two in the back and grab that mutha fucking money and make it back to the mail truck. Don’t leave until you see Mijo and Sean.”

I smiled and rubbed my hands together. “You a master mind Hope.”

She smiled. “I know, I know. And stop rubbing your hands together nigga you look like bird man son.”

Everyone broke into laughter and I threw my birds right on up at Hope and she grinned before standing. “Be ready, and if we pull this off I’ll think about making a master plan for them Italians.” She smirked. “God bless you fools! I’ll be back a little later.”

We waved and she walked right out.

Aaliyah

I sat at my work desk looking at the picture of Chris and I having the time of our lives. It was the day that he asked me to marry him.

He was the best man I’d ever known, and now I hated him so much for leaving me without an explanation.

I put the picture face down and ran my hands across my hair. “God can you give me a sign or something?”

“Who knew a long kiss goodbye would bring sadness in my life?”

I then eyed a picture of Cayden, he was coming to that age and I knew he was going to start asking about his father.

I looked up. “Gimmie a sign.”

A text flew in from Cameron and I eyed it. “Dinner?”

Jada was going to kill me if I said yes, and It was bad enough I really wanted to go. He was cute, funny, and charming.

“Only if I can bring my son.” I replied.