A Dustland Fairytale

a dustland fairytale beginning

"Do what you need to do."

"Look, I'm trying. I don't know whats wrong with me."

"Well figure it out."

"That's what I'm trying to fucking do. It's easier said than done-"

"Just do it," The man turned to his friend, "I don't know what's wrong with you either, but for everyone's sake, sort it out. You know what you want to do. Just please do it."

There was a pause. "I will."

There was another as the room settled down. Both boys looked at each other for a moment.

"I hope you find her, John."

"Me too Jare."


And that leads us to now.

John wasn't sure how long he'd been at Jared's, but when he got there it was midnight. When he left it must have been near dawn, cause he'd been driving for a bit, and now the sun was just over the horizon.

The conversation he and Jared had played back in his head and left an ache. He knew he'd been frustrating because as much as his friends and band mates were growing tired with him, he had been growing more than tired with himself. It's like when you sit alone and your own thoughts make you want to tear your brains out. John had begun to annoy his own being, and that hadn't happened before.

All he could think about as he felt himself getting worse was what everyone assumed it was: a girl.

But not just any girl, of course, no this girl was something special. She had long brown hair and foolish eyes that any boy swore saw right through them. She was beautiful.

Sera was the only girl that ever captured John O'callaghan's heart, all those years ago.

It felt like it'd been ages. In fact (John still remembered) it'd been exactly one year and 3 days since he and Sera had, well- John didn't like to think about that part. The last part. The part where he lost the one girl he'd ever really loved.

Ever since, John had never been the same.

He needed her. Oh, if anything, he needed Sera back. He'd lost the part of him he liked: her.

With a quick twist of a key, his engine started, and in the same white truck so many memories had been cast John set his sights on California. He looked at the picture of the girl on his dashboard, her eyes staring back at him as if she were really there.

John peeled his eyes from the photo and drove.

But, dear reader, as your narrator I should tell you up front: this is not John and Sera's love story.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS TO START. It's a different style of writing, I guess. You'll see. I have a ton in store and I don't want to say too much, the whole thing is supposed to be a bit mysterious. It will make it more fun in the long run, YOU'LL SEE!

I love how this already has almost 100 subscribers and 10 comments!? You guys are the best.