Status: In the works :)

Eternally Yours

Zeroed In

“When is this guy supposed to be here?” Riley asked, tightening his arm around my neck. I smiled and leaned into him, breathing in his scent. He just smells so good. I rest my head on his shoulder and glance around the restaurant. It’s a really nice place, one I’ve never been to. Cora keeps bragging that Gabe picked it out and how he’s so great already and she hasn’t even met him yet. I mean, it is nice, but it’s just another place to get dinner. I do have to admit, though, that it is really romantic; dim lighting, comfortable roomy booths, younger customers in general. It’s definitely a killer date spot. The booths are set so high that you feel kind of like you’re in your own little world.

“He said he got stuck in traffic and he should be here in a few minutes,” Cora answered him, her eyes glued to her phone.

Riley just chuckled and rolled his eyes, turning his attention to me. His crystal blue eyes just about melted me. “You look so beautiful tonight,” he whispered, leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. At first it was just a light, simple kiss, but after a second it somehow turned into so much more. I pushed myself closer to him, his tongue found mine, and his hand found my upper thigh. He moaned softly and my heart started racing. The strange feelings I had had earlier after he’d told me he loved me were long gone. Now I was just trying to focus on the fact that he was mine and I was his and how lucky we were.

Cora cleared her throat awkwardly. “This is not your bedroom, at least try and keep it in your pants.” I pulled back, blushing and looking apologetically across the table at Cora.

“I’m sorry, I seem to have a problem keeping my hands to myself tonight.” Riley winked at me.

“Oh, it’s fine,” Cora responded. “Feel her up, I don’t care. Just wait until you get her alone. I know it’s nice and cozy here but I don’t think that these booths were made for humping.”

Riley laughed and shook his head at her. “You aren’t scared to speak your mind are you?”

“Nope, not at all,” Cora grinned.

“Here is you table,” the waiter said, appearing at the end of the table, stepping aside to allow someone past him. I felt Riley tense next to me and when I looked over at him I saw that his jaw was clenched and his grip on my hand tightened. I nudged him with my elbow, confused.

“Riley,” Gabe said, not sounding at all happy to be seeing him.

“Gabriel,” Riley responded somewhat maliciously. I’d never heard his voice sound so… so evil.

“So you two know each other,” Cora said sourly, noticing the tension between them. “Great.”

Gabe turned to Cora then and the look on his face was almost as puzzling as the look he had when he saw Riley. He looked dazed and confused, almost pale, like he’d just seen a ghost. But the strangest part? He also seemed sort of… exuberant and truly happy to see her, like they were old friends and not two strangers meeting for the first time.

“Cora,” he said a little breathlessly. He smiled gently. “I’m Gabe. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

For a moment, Cora’s face lit up and she appeared happier than I’d ever seen her… and then Riley scoffed and ruined the moment.

I looked up at him, not amused. He just shrugged at me, like it was no big deal to him if he ruined Cora’s date or not.

“Would you mind accompanying me to the bar?” Cora asked Gabe, glaring at Riley as she did.

“It would be my pleasure,” he responded, sliding out of the booth and holding out his hand for her. Cora brightened immediately and smiled smugly at me. As they were walking away Gabe glanced back at me with an almost pleading look, like he was a little afraid to leave me with Riley.

Once they were out of earshot I turned to Riley. “What the hell is wrong with you?” I demanded.

He looked at me innocently. “That guy is a jerk, Sin. He doesn’t give a damn about anything but getting your sister into bed.”

I don’t know why, but I felt a little stung by the remark, like I needed to stand up for Gabe. It’s ridiculous, though, because I don’t even know him.

“What makes you think that?” I ask.

“You don’t believe me?” he asks incredulously. “Why would I lie about that? It’s not like you know him.”

“Don’t I?” It comes out of my mouth so fast that I don’t even have time to think about it, but after it’s out there it feels right.

“Do you know him?” Riley demands, narrowing his eyes at me. “Do you know who he is? Because I don’t think you do.”

I shake my head at him. “No, I don’t know him. I’m sorry. I don’t even know why I said that.” There’s a pause and for the first time ever, I feel really awkward. I use the silence to think about everything. I don’t really know this Gabe guy so it’s completely irrational for me to defend him—especially to my boyfriend, who I know and care about more. “Okay…” I start, “I’m sorry I got mad at you, but seriously. This is Cora’s date, and honestly? She doesn’t care if he’s using her, so can you please just try and be nice? Please, baby?” I beg, leaning into him and pressing my lips to his neck. “Just for the rest of the dinner and then you can go back to hating him.”

Riley wraps his arm around my shoulders and kisses my cheek, and I can feel and see him relaxing a little. “Yeah, baby. I’ll try.”

“Thank you,” I mumble into his neck, kissing him along his jaw, searching for his lips. When my lips reach them I can feel his smile under my mouth and his other arm wraps around my waist, pulling me tight against his chest.

“No, you’re totally right,” Cora laughs, sliding back into her seat. Riley and I instantly pull apart and I glance nervously between Riley and Gabe as he slides in next to Cora.

Gabe watches me carefully. His expression is extremely confusing—it’s the same expression my father has when he’s disappointed in me.

“So…” Gabe says to me. “I guess we didn’t really get introduced. I’m Gabe Moretti.”

I smile at him. He doesn’t seem so bad. He seems pretty charming, actually. “I’m Sienna.”

“So tell me,” Gabe starts, narrowing his eyes slightly. “How did you meet Riley?”

“Oh,” I mumble, not sure where the question is coming from. “Uh, we were at a party and, I don’t know, we just liked each other I guess.”

“Oh, come on!” Cora scoffed. “Riley zeroed in on her like a hunter watching its prey. Sin was his before he’d even said hello. I mean, they moved faster than… well, me.”

At the last part, Gabe’s face contorted just slightly, like he was pained by the idea that Cora moved fast with other guys.

“Well isn’t that… sweet?” Gabe remarked a little sarcastically.

It’s almost like a I could hear Riley’s jaw lock. He sat up straighter, squaring off at Gabe and glared. “Yeah, yeah it is sweet. I don’t like what you’re implying about mine and Sienna’s relationship.”

The air around us felt charged and I was scared that a fight was about to break out and I placed my hand on Riley’s back—a warning. But, thankfully, before Gabe could comment the waiter showed up to take our order.

I leaned back in my seat and sighed. This is going to be one long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is in Lucas' point of view! I think a few questions might be answered but I'm not sure yet. Anyway, comments are always appreciated! Let me know what you think. :)