Status: I will update as often as possible

Don't Let Me Jump, Don't Let Me Fall

I'm nervous, though

I woke up with my hair stuck to my face from sweat. I pushed it away from my face and got out of bed. My phone said it was 6:30 in the morning. I don't know why I was up this early. I never get up this early. I walked over to my bag and pulled out some sweats and an Of Mice & Men shirt. They were my favorite band. I changed into the clothes and walked out of my room, peeking into Vic's room. He was strung out on the bed with the blankets hanging off of the bed. Just like he slept when he was younger. I laughed at the sight. I continued down the hall, looking into Mike's room. He was sleeping with who I assumed was his girlfriend. When I got to the living room, I walked to the movie rack that I spotted across the room. I scanned the movie rack until my I found a suitable movie. I shrugged my shoulders and just pulled out a movie. I popped She's The Man into the player and sat on the couch, pulling my knees to my chest. About two thirds through the movie, I heard some movement upstairs. I ignored the sound and turned sideways, letting the side of my head rest on the back of the couch. I was starting to drift off to sleep, when I heard a knock at the door. I looked around, wondering if I should answer it, or just wait for one of the guys to get up and answer it. No one was jumping to get it, so I guess I had to. I walked to the door and pulled it open. I was greeted by a friendly set of dimples.

"Hi, Caroline. Is Vic here?" he asked.
"Um.. He's sleeping, but I'll go get him. You can come in if you want. It shouldn't take long," I let him in and walked upstairs to Vic's room. I knocked twice and walked on in.
"Vic, that Jaime guy is downstairs," I said, shaking his arm. "Vic wake up!"
he moved around a little bit but didn't wake up. I started to pull the blanket from underneath him. He fell on the floor, along with the blanket, making a loud noise.
"God damn.. what?" he got got up and rubbed his head.
"Jaime's downstairs.." I said pointing to the ground. I walked out of the room and back downstairs.
"He's on his way." I said and sat on the couch. He nodded his head.
"Hey, I like your shirt. Sweet band," he said.
"Yeah. They're my favorite. Austin is the sweetest man on earth," I said and leaned my head against the back of the couch again.
"He's a pretty chill guy. He can get hammered though. Gotta watch him when he's been drinking," he leaned his body on the back of the couch.
"Wait, you know him?" I asked, creasing my eyebrows.
"Aw yeah. Pierce The Veil and Of Mice & Men both toured on Warped Tour." I had always known that Vic and Mike were in a band, but I didn't know they were big enough to be on Warped Tour and knew Of Mice & Men.
"Jealous..." I said. Vic came downstairs and highfived Jaime.

"What's up?" Vic said, even though I bet he knew exactly what was up.
"You ready to record some vocals today, homie?"
"Yeah. Aw shit, man. I have to take my sister to the doctor today. I don't know if I'll have time." I really didn't want to be the reason that he didn't get done what needed to be done.
"I can take her. I mean, I recorded my bass parts last week and we really need to get this album done.." oh good god.
"Hey, Caroline?" Vic asked. I rolled my eyes and looked up.
"Yup?"
"You wouldn't mind if Jaime took you to a doctor, right?" Yes I would mind. I don't even want him knowing about me being pregnant, let alone him taking me to the doctor. I barely know this guy.
"I guess not. Why?" Liar.
"Well, I have to do some vocals for the album today and I don't want you to go alone.. sorry if this is weird. He's a great guy, I promise." he looked at me with that stupid puppy face that he taught me when I was young.
"Okay. I don't mind, but I mean, if we're gonna go, we're going to have to go soon cause uh, these places are packed. So many unplanned pregnancies. Mine was unplanned but atleast I can explain mine." I mumbled as I walked upstairs to my room. I slipped some shoes on and grabbed a grey sweater. I walked downstairs and looked at the ground.
"Um.. well. I guess we should be going.." Jaime said and started walking to the door.
"Aye, you take care of her or so help me," he said and pointed at him.
"Yeah, yeah. Come on before your brother has a fit," he said. I awkwardly followed him out to his car and got in. I pulled out my phone and pretended to text someone, knowing that my parents had probably turned my service off.

"So uh.. this is probably weird, I know. I'm sorry. We just really need to get this album done," Jaime said.
"It's all good.. I'm just really nervous." I looked out the window.
"Why? It's just the doctors office. You're not even showing yet. She'll probably just ask you some questions." we pulled into the parking lot of a hospital.
"That's what I'm afraid of." We got out of the car and walked into the building. I looked at the little map on the wall that showed what levels of the hospital are for what. I walked into the elevator, Jaime following me and pressed the number two. After minutes of following the signs on the wall, I came to a waiting room full of people from the age of 14 to 45. I walked to the counter and the lady automatically gave me a clipboard full of papers to fill out. Jaime followed me as I sat down and began to fill out the papers.
"Ugh. It makes me sick how many people are in here. Not really that, but their ages. That's what makes me sick," I said as I filled out the first page. Name, DOB, Address, ect.

After hours of filling out paper work and hours of waiting, I finally heard my name called.
"Good luck," Jaime said and gave me a thumbs up. I stood up, stiffly and then sat back down.
"I don't know whats going to happen in there. They're probably going to judge me because of my age. I don't know if I can do it. They're gonna judge me. They're gonna look at me with narrowed eyes." he grabbed my hand and whispered into my ear.
"Everything will be alright. No one's going to judge you. If they have anyone to judge, it's those 14 year old girls. Get in there. I'll buy you some ice cream when you're done if you get in there." I nodded my head and let go of his hand. I followed the nurse into a room.
"Have a seat on this for me. Doctor Smith should be here any minute." the nurse motioned her hand towards the bed in the room. I did as she said and she walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. I waited nervously for the doctor to come in. A tall lady with short black hair opened the door and walked in.

"You must be Caroline," she said. I nodded my head. "Hi, I'm Dr. Smith."
"Hello," I said nervously.
"How far along are you Ms. Caroline?" she said, pulling out her stethoscope.
"About a month..." I shuffled around a bit.
"Alright.. lay down on your back for a moment. I'm going to check your pulse and the baby's heartbeat." I lay down and she put the stethoscope on my chest.
"Breathe in for me," she said. I did I she said. "Breathe out, please." She then moved the stethoscope to my stomach. She felt my stomach a little bit and pulled away.
"Well the heartbeat sounds normal for only being a month along," she said. She asked me a few more questions and said to come back in a month. I walked back to the waiting room and found Jaime. We walked back to the elevator and went to the first floor.
"That wasn't so bad, was it?" he asked as we walked back to the car.
"I guess not. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.." I said and got into the passenger seat.
"That's good. So you wanna go get some ice cream?" he started the car.
"That would be nice." I leaned my head against the window and we rode to a place called Dairy Dell and stopped. We got out of the car and walked up to the window.
"Um.. I want a uh... hmm. I just want a single scoop cone, please." I said. The lady told someone behind me and then she gave me an ice cream.
"I just want a vanilla milkshake, please," the lady made and handed him his milkshake. "Thanks."

We walked over to a table and began talking.
"So exactly how popular is Pierce The Veil?" I asked.
"We're pretty popular, I guess. Vic and his 'beautiful' voice just makes them girls wanna fuck all of us. It's a pretty good deal actually," he laughed.
"What instrument do you play in the band?"
"I play the Bass."
"Oh that's cool. My dad tried to get me to learn the bass once. I don't have enough patience to learn anything," I said and took another bite of my ice cream. Just then, my phone rang. I guess my parents didn't shut off my phone after all. The number was private.
"Hold on, Jaime," I said and answered the phone.

"H-hello?" I answered nervously, knowing exactly who it was.
"Hey. Long time no see." the familiar voice was painful to hear.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"How is little ole Caroline?"
"You wanna know how I am? I'm sick. Sick of you. You know where I went today? The hospital. I'm pregnant with YOUR kid. Don't ask me how I am."
"Aww, you're having my kid. How sweet."
"You do know that once I have this child, I have proof right? There's no way to run from a paternal test, Jacob." I took the phone from my ear and hung up.
"Fucking idiot..." I mumbled.

"What was that about?" Jaime asked.
"I don't really like to talk about it. Maybe when we're not in public.. not now.."
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you like it? Send feedback to my tumblr, please.
scream-inthedark.tumblr.com