Status: Gang story. Enjoy (:

Can't Expect the Unexpected

Chapter 3

"I can't call the cops, at least not again. I don't know what to do, Nancy," Julia whispered, inching closer to the front door instead of inching back. Julia didn't know what she was doing or thinking, but her body was inching her ahead and every step she took, literally, threw her off guard. She clutched her cellular device tight to her ears and waited patiently for some miracles to happen.

"What are you going to do? Whose by the door? Are you checking or running?"

"I'm inching closer to the door. I have to see who it is."

"Julia--" Nancy's voice was cut off when Julia took another step closer to the door. She abruptly looked at her device and stomped her feet in disbelief. Her phone had obviously died in her own hands and there was nothing Julia could have done in such short time. She cursed under her breath at her stupidity for not charging her phone. She never does. Ever. Apparently, Julia is always lazy. She, then, slid her phone on the back side of her pocket, and instead of running towards the front door, she ran the other way.

To the kitchen.

She had seen this in the movies. Killers waiting by the front door for someone to open it so they could attack. But, Julia was smart. She pulled her drawers out in her kitchen, and pulled out a sharp kitchen knife. Since there were no guns in her house, she thought her knives could come in handy. But the knife wasn't fitting in her palms perfectly because every step she took, her palms began to sweat. She struggled to hold the knife correctly, and walked back out to the door. The banging continue and she knew it was him.

The main guy. The boss of this City. The killer, disgusting man. If his man were so horrendous looking, how would their main leader look? Then of course, not all of his men looked that bad. Actually, they weren't that bad looking at all. But the boss has to look ugly. No chance.

Julia didn't stop questioning herself, though. What if it was just bunch of children out here for candy? after all, it is Halloween. No. Halloween is tomorrow, how could they possibly be out here? They can't anyways. No one were aloud to be here at night.

What if it was actually..him? The man no one had ever seen. The guy who vanishes like thin air.

"Who..who is it?" Julia called out, immediately cursing herself out under her breath. She couldn't possibly think for once when she blurted those stupid lines out.

"Open the door! It's the police," Someone shouted out. Julia didn't believe it. She was too smart for this. But she had to make sure. Instead of asking any other questions like , 'How do I know you're not lying?' or 'What makes you think, I'll believe you?', she opened the door. But before she could even let anyone outside take a chance to attack, say, or do anything, she raised her knife up and brought it out to attack. But, the men outside were too fast. Fast enough to catch her hand before the knife attacked them.

"Woah, woah, woah. Calm down, honey," the men in black uniform said. Julia was satisfied and relieved to see police officers outside her door. She wanted to cry but she held her tears back. Instead, she lunged towards one of them and threw her arms around his neck.

"Thank god, you're here! I thought it was.." Julia didn't get to finish her sentence before the man in front of her spoke.

"Jason. His name is Jason. He's out here somewhere, looking for you. I suggest you stay in your house, lock all your doors and never open the door, no matter what."

"Jason? You're telling me to lock all the doors? If he can be an expert at killing people, don't you think he would more likely be an expert at breaking open the locks of my house?"

"We are trying our best to get to him before he does to you."

"it's all your fault I'm in this position! Who told you to flash this news to the media? Now he probably knows where I'm going to work. He knows my name now. He knows where I..oh my god. He knows where I live! I know that you know where he lives, but you guys won't do anything!"

"We don't have any proof to arrest him. And we do not know where he lives, he shifts. And for your safety, two of our men will guard you close by. Our police cars will be out here, and will be passing by your house every two hours for safety. What you did was brave enough, why are you so afraid?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because there is an psycho killer out there killing people. There was nothing brave I did in this. And if I did, the only thing I did was to save myself, which I did. I mean, how was I suppose to know all this was going to happen?"

"Don't worry. We will be guarding you, we are just informing you. If anything happens, you call us. Okay?"

"Okay." and with then, the police officers made their way out and disappeared. But, two of the police cars were still in sight and Julia sighed in relief. If there's safety, he can't possibly attack her. Julia ran back into her house, locked all her doors in the most possible ways, and ran back up to her stairs. She began to charge her phone and sat back down on her bed. She couldn't possibly sleep when she knew she was in danger.

Should she quit her first job? Since everyone knew where she worked now, thanks to that old man and the media. But how could she? Even if she wanted to, she possibly couldn't now. Because, the old man was living up to her expectations now and she badly wanted money. To get out of this hell hole, whatsoever. Julia hesitated weather to call her best friend back or not, but she didn't have the courage to dial her number. But then again, she had to let her know she was okay. For now.

After few rings, Nancy picked up.

"What happen? Are you okay? Who was at the door?" Nancy blabbered. Julia felt a strong heat coming out of the line and she knew it was Nancy's and how scared she really was. Julia sighed.

"I'm fine. It was just police officers out there warning me to stay in because Jason is out there. They know he is. And his men."

"Jason?"

"That's his name, according to the officers. They are guarding me somewhat, but I don't trust this officers, Nancy. What if they disappear? If it wasn't for the media, I would still be here safe. Actually, all this is my fault."

"Just don't take all this, facetious. Sleep. Nothing will happen to you. Why don't you come stay with me for a bit until everything is all settled? I'm always bored alone, anyways." Nancy's humor made Julia smile in a while and she sighed.

"I don't want to put you in risk because of me."

"Are yo kidding me? if you stay there, you will mostly likely will get caught. if you stay with me, you will be somewhat safe. Come on please? I don't care, your foolish ass is coming with me tomorrow. Then we will talk. For now, goodnight?"

"Fine. If I survive through this night, I'll come. Goodnight." And with then, Julia hung up and looked back out her window. The cars were still there and she knew that somewhat, she was still safe. But sleeping was totally out of the question, for Julia.

She just couldn't sleep.

~!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No police officers weren't around when Julia woke up the next morning. She knew they were going to leave sooner or later. But she was still in one piece and had survived a whole night. But nothing today could have made Julia as upset as yesterday. Today was Halloween.

Julia's favorite season.

She looked out the window, and smiled at little kids walking down the street with grown ups. Finally, people were out. And they were smiling as if nothing bad had ever happened. And she loved watching leaves fall from the trees, and her favorite? Ecru leaves mixed with red. She loved fall as well as this holiday and she just wanted to enjoy it. Julia knew very well that she was safe in the daylight.

After getting ready and having her diaphanous breakfast, she walked out of her house for some fresh air. And when she did, she smiled again. Her fellows waved at her and walked by. She did the same and walked the opposite side to where her friend, Nancy, lived.

"Well, come on in, you foolish little girl," Her friend, Nancy said, with a foolish little smile plastered on her creamy face. Julia rolled her eyes and walked in.

"Stop calling me that, will you. Everyone thinks i'm brave. And I'm older than you by twenty four hours, Nancy."

"Whatever. What happened yesterday?"

"Well, like I said. The cops told me they were going to guard me outside my house. At twelve at night, I saw their cars parked outside my house. Then when I woke up the next morning, they were gone. I highly doubt they stayed at all. Perhaps, waiting for me to fall asleep so they can leave. But surprisingly, I wasn't attacked yesterday. Should I be concerned?"

"I assume you shouldn't for now. I made fricassee, want some?" Nancy asked, going over to her stove and stirring the brown meat from the pan.

"I'm starving." Nancy brought two plates at the dining table and soon after, Julia joined.

"Will the police guard you again?"

"I doubt it. If they can leave me hanging then I highly doubt it."

"What are you going to do with that job and that old hag?"

"I don't know. I feel like I should go back there and work. After all, he did say he's going to pay me extra because no one wants to work for him. I don't blame him. He lives in such bad condition."

"Why can't he work for himself?"

"He wants to go meet his family. I forgot where they lives but they don't live here."

"How is he aloud to leave? No one is aloud to leave. I have never seen anyone leave a foot out this place."

"I don't know. But, I want the money. Besides, I feel like they won't bother me again. I mean, they didn't attack me yesterday. Jason is probably tired. There's a better chance at that."

"Jason doesn't forgive. But, I could agree with you if you state that there was no attack on you yesterday. Why would you even leave the house the first place? None of this could have ever happened!"

"I only lived here for two years. Did my parents tell me all this was happening? No. God knows where they are and I could care less. They left me hanging, anyways. I mean I heard stories, yea. But I never believed it. Until now, at least. Why does this happen anyways? Today is Halloween. A day where kids and families should go out to trick or treat. I bet no one is going to be trick or treating this year. Even though they decorated their house. Halloween is such a beautiful holiday. Kids are suppose to enjoy it!" Julia was getting aggravated now and she hoped all this would stop soon enough. She stabbed her fork on her meat and twirled it.

"This has been going on for years. Every holiday is like this. I mean, why can't everyone just take the risk and go out for once?"

"That's a good idea! In fact, they should all do it today! There are about thousands of residents live here and they are scared to take a risk? Thousands beat, what, maybe couple of twenties?"

"I was kidding, Nancy. And there are more than twenties of them. We've been best friends forever, and you're telling me you have not witnessed anything that has been going on out here?" Nancy asked, taking small bites out of her food.

"For two whole years, I have been lazy. Watching TV and not knowing what is going out there. I don't like the outsides when night falls. I hear screaming outside thinking it's just families fighting or something? I don't watch the news or read newspaper. I don't go out at nights and I hated trick or treating. Not that I do it now but still! Now I know what kind of people live here and what happens at night."

"I understand."

"I'm taking the job, and I don't care. Those idiots can go to hell, for all I care. I have never seen them. Nor have they. I doubt they know where I live. I'm safe in my own way."

"But, Juls.."

"We're ending this topic, Nancy. It's Halloween, let's enjoy it. We should go out. Your house bores me and lacks decorations," Julia chuckled. Nancy followed her action and then nodded.

"No danger in the mornings. We have plenty of times. In fact, we should go now." Nancy chirped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes. What could possibly go wrong? ;) Tune in for the next chapter! Thanks to all those who commented and subscirbed me! I love you guys! Comments keep me writing more so continue the love!