Try to Scream

I'm Breakin' Every Rule

Everyone was waiting for us by the elevator. The small group of people had their eyes fixed on us. Cora and El automatically noticed the gift. “Oh my god!” They screamed at once. I back away slightly as they rushed me, their hands reaching for my neck. The cooed at it and complimented it.

My eyes looked over at Niall, then the other boys, pleading for help. The elevator dinged and opened, forcing the girls to back away from my neck. I instantly grabbed the charm and ran my fingers over the wings.

We boarded the elevator and Niall pulled me in to kiss me on the cheek, but quickly recoiled as the elevator ‘dinged’ and opened its large doors. Screams filled the once quiet space. Girls called for the boys, different names were screamed along with requests of marriage and proclaiming of love.

Niall and I distanced ourselves from one another. I quickly skipped to Harry as he fought against Paul while trying to sign a girl’s shirt. He gave one last cheesy smile before he wrapped his arm around me and walked us out.

I could handle the Harry rumors, just like I could handle the Liam rumors. Niall and I were seen together a lot, but always had a safe, conscious, distance between us. He really did respect my decision to keep us private for a while. We had the week off and another week before the video would be released to the public. Then the rumors would start and we could hold out for possibly another week, but there wouldn’t really be a point.

We all crowded into the large van. Paul took the driver’s seat with another body guard beside him. When Louis wanted to go out, I didn’t expect the guards to join. Whenever Louis had an idea, it was sneaky. Instead we all got out at a mini golf place. The eight of us grabbed a ball and club. I teamed up with Liam and we called ourselves Liro. Zora, Elounor and Narry were the other teams. The boys had a little bet; 100 US dollars per team and the winners would take all, splitting it for $200 for each.

I offered my fair share of $50, but Liam shook his head and placed a $100 bill in the hand of Paul. I glared at him slightly, but he just smiled and set up to take the first swing. As he took his turn, I thought about the chances of winning. Liam was a golfer, but so were Harry and Niall. Well, it was mostly Niall, as far as I knew. I turned to Liam after finishing my turn. “How do you feel playing a little dirty?” I whispered. His eyebrow instantly arched in confusion. “I’m pretty sure I can manage to distract our little Irish boy. But only if you’re in.”

Liam bit his lip and looked over at Team Narry. “I’m sure that would work, but what about Team Zora and Elounor?” I followed his gaze to the others.

“Hm, Cora isn’t great at this. Trust me. So Zora isn’t anything to worry about and Elounor seem to be distracting themselves, that’s the advantage of them only having been around each other for a week after months.” I crossed my arms and looked back at Niall; he focused on his aim and sunk the ball his first shot.

Liam sighed and shook his head, “Think he’ll catch on if you try?”

“If I make it too obvious, yes. But remember, I have a little sister. Trickery is a hobby of mine.” I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed. Niall’s eyes shot over, observing me. Liam smiled and gave me a quick thumbs up.

We moved on to the next hole. I paid extra attention to my swing and sunk the ball in 2 shots. Liam did better with a hole in one. Niall stepped up and placed his ball down. As he slightly drew his club back, I screamed at the ground. Niall miss shot and ended up completely of the second course. “Are you okay?” He asked, panicked.

I pressed my hand to my chest and nodded. “Yeah, there was a spider. Sorry.” The guys all rolled their eyes and the game continued. Liam smiled at me, knowing I would follow through with my plan.

The night continued with things like this. I’d laugh or cough or say something a little louder than I should have. I did it even during Liam’s turns so no one would assume, I always warned him ahead of time.

By the final hole, Narry was only in the lead by 1 point. When Liam and I finished our turn, we realized that they’d need to get fewer than 4 to beat us. I bounced in place as I thought of a scheme. I did everything I could to distract the boys before. Niall ran off for a bit of food, letting Team Elounor go before him. I followed, claiming I was hungry as well, which was half true.

As we rounded the corner to enter the food court building, I pulled him into a corner, away from any open areas, not forgetting the pap or fans. I planted a hungry kiss on his lips and pulled away. He kissed back and then stared at me. “What was that for?”

I bit my lip. “You look so hot playing.” I laughed. “It’s another thank you for the gift…of course.” I turned to leave the corner. “Think of me on your next shot.” I sent a wink his way and rushed back over to Liam, leaving the pink cheeked boy to collect his thoughts.

To be completely honest, my heart raced. The thought that someone could have seen us, someone could piece it together crossed my mind. When Niall returned, he handed me a pretzel. I smiled, “Thanks.” I quietly ate the pretzel.

“Any plans? It’s his turn and he has 2 shots to available to tie with us.” I smiled at him and wiggled my eyebrows.

Niall looked over at us; I pressed the Ladybug charm to my lips and watched him. The whole place grew quiet. Fans watched him eye the hole. I turned to the nearest girl, “You guys should cheer for him, he’d love that.” She turned to her friend and a game of telephone started.

The game ended after his first swing, it sent him close to the hole. The girls went wild as he drew his club back. It scared him slightly, causing the ball to arch around the hole. I threw my head back and punched the air. “Yes!” Liam’s arms wrapped around me and we did a weird little dance.

Everyone looked at us weirdly. I was pretty competitive sometimes. Besides, with an extra $200 in my pocket, I could buy some presents for everyone at home. Liam and I parted and I quickly skipped over to Niall, “Nice try. Good game.”

His smile turned into a suspicious grin. “You dirty cheater. You set me up to lose.”

“No rules against making noise.”

“A public snog is against the rules.” He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, “You’ve been around the boys too long. You’re using British slang.” He shrugged as Harry tackled me from behind; he picked me up and spun me around. “Ah! A wild Styles has appeared!”

“I’ve always wanted to be a Pokémon.” He put me down.

We returned the golf equipment and Liam and I collected out winnings before heading back to the hotel. Niall grabbed me the moment we made it to our floor. He wrapped me in a warm hug and kissed my forehead. “Let’s order some food.” He mumbled into my neck.

“Get a room! My virgin eyes!” Harry screamed.

“Those eyes are so far from virgin.” Liam said, patting Harry’s back and pulling him along to his room. “We’re going to watch a movie, if anyone cares to join the lonely duo, feel free to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! So I think this is an okay chapter, sorry if it really sucks!

I will try to update as much as I can, but understand, my birthday is the 21st, making me 21. Yes, I am 3 days older than Lou. Then there is Christmas. After that, sometime after New Years, I have my lovely Aussie friend coming to stay and hang out. No, he doesn't like One Direction. Yes, it's a he, he has an accent, he is going to be staying in my house and no...he doesn't like wearing shirts. Haha, be jealous. ;)

Title Song: Breaking Rules by Tyler Barham

P.S he REALLY DOES sound that amazing. Check out his videos, and hope you hear him on your local country radio station. I know he plays in some places :)

xx Bambi