Try to Scream

The Daylight

I wasn’t sure how long I’d been down here. But what seemed like weeks went by. It was always the same old thing. Trent would bring me food three times a day. Occasionally he’d bring me things for my “pantry” and mini fridge. He brought me back some clothes he bought and movies. He’d come down and just talk about himself and talk about me.

By this time, I’d learned how to stray from the touchy subjects that caused him to freak out. It had been a week since he had freaked out about anything.

Sometime while I slept, the cable had been hooked up. I went to watch a movie, but instead, I was greeted with The Price is Right.

My first instinct was to switch through channels and look for something about Niall and the boys. I settled on a station with a cheery news lady smiling at the camera. “The boys of One Direction have canceled all of their upcoming tour dates.” The camera switched from the news woman to a shot of Louis holding El’s hand tightly, they were in front of Zayn and Liam as they entered the airport. “The band has gone different ways since the disappearance of Irish member, Niall Horan’s, girlfriend Munro Ellis. Harry and Niall have stayed in the same hotel where Munro was last seen. Malik’s girlfriend, and best friend of Munro, has returned to her home to be with family.” The news lady shifted through a few papers. “Police say there is a suspect, but further information was not provided. Fans of the foreign boy band have been tossing ideas all over the internet.”

I sat back and stared at the picture of Niall as it appeared on screen, “When we tried to talk to Niall about this situation, he turned us away. Sources say he has locked himself in his hotel room, obsessed with finding Munro. But when we asked her parents, they had just this to say:”

The tears filled my eyes as my parents came on the TV, they tried to remain calm and cool, but I could see they were close to crying, “We just want our daughter home.” My father said, “We love her and miss her. Please, just give us our daughter back.” I couldn’t watch anymore. I turned the TV off and went to the bathroom, turned the water on and cried.

I sat in the bottom of the shower for a good half hour before coming out and being greeted with a sandwich. “Good afternoon. I bought you pastrami.” Trent smiled and set the tray on the bed. “I’m thinking about quitting my job and going back to school.” I forced a smile and nodded. “Are you okay?”

I rubbed my nose and shrugged, “I’m just tired.” I ran the back of my hand over my right eye then used my palm to rub my temple lightly. “I think I’m just going to lie back down and rest some more.”

“Maybe you need some fresh air.” I instantly looked at him and watched as he fumbled with his keys. “How about we sit outside for a bit?”

I felt a rush of nervousness come over me as I waited for the sign of a joke. “Y-yeah, that would be great.” I smiled and pulled an elastic off my wrist and tied my damp hair up. “Would you neighbors mind if I looked a little less presentable?”

The small bit of hope I felt was quickly washed away. “If you are talking about the deer, I don’t think they care much.” He let out a laugh and started up the stairs. “We live in the middle of the woods; no one cares what you look like. Put your slippers on and let’s go.”

I slipped my feet into the slippers and walked cautiously up the stairs. We came out into a small shed. A red Volvo was parked in the center of it and a small bit of light shone through the door as it was slightly ajar.

I wanted nothing more than to just run away. But here was I was in slippers and in the middle of the woods. When we exited through the door, all I saw were trees. As far as the eye could see. Nothing but trees. It was unlikely that I’d get very far. I wasn’t a great runner and Trent seemed really fit. I couldn’t risk the trust he had in me over something that I doubted I could do.

“Isn’t it nice out here?” Trent sat on the front porch and looked at the sky. I stood in the doorway of the shed and tried to adjust my eyes to the sunlight. “Munro?”

I shook my head and squinted as I looked at him, “Sorry, I’m not as used to the sun as you are.”

“I’m sorry. Well, we can start coming outside more. Maybe you can come up and make your own food, if you’d like.”

“Trent, that’s so nice.” I smiled at him again and looked into the woods, “I would love that. It’ll give me more room to stretch my legs.”

Trent stood and opened the front door. “Come on, I’ll show you around.”

Hesitantly, I walked up the porch and into the house. It was very small. I almost tripped into the living room as I stepped over the threshold into the house. It was simple. Had a couch and a TV, that was all. The kitchen branched out from the left. It was big enough to fit a table, the fridge a small counter and some cupboards. At the back was a door that led to the bathroom. I followed him into it; there was a stand up shower and a toilet. To the right, was another door, it lead to the bedroom. Trent blushed as we walked from the room to the living room.

The place I had downstairs was a luxury. I had a tub and a shower. A larger bed. Compared to the actual house, my little dwelling was the same size. “It’s nice.” I lied. I looked around some more, hoping to find a phone or something. But there wasn’t one.

“It’s nothing much. I have another, larger house, in the city. But this one is nice when I just want to get away. It’s still in a reasonable distance to get to work.” He sat down on the couch and switched the TV on. “Like I said earlier, I want to quit and go to school. There is a college about 5 miles up the road….” I spaced out and imagined how long it would take me to run that far. I came back as he was explaining Forensic classes he wanted to take.

He sighed and stood up, “That sounds great. You should do something you enjoy.” I smiled, but he started for the front door.

“I have to get to work soon. I left some pizza in your fridge. I won’t be back until about 3am. So you should eat that. We’ll come out again tomorrow.”

I quickly followed him to the shed, still looking at the woods, curious which way would be best to run. I slipped in the door in front of him and jumped as it slammed behind me and locked.

Descending down the stairs slowly, I thought more about my escape. I knew it would take time to plan out. I needed the patience that I didn’t have. The control that I was unfairly stripped of. I grabbed the sandwich off my bed and ate it slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhhhh! Sorry, it's been so busy. I AM GOING TO SCHOOL SOON!

So, this story is a 9 monther so far. I am ready to give birth and let all the weight melt off. Omg, what am I saying!? Anyway, My goal for this story is to finish it by July 15th, when I start school.

Push me folks. I know I am reaching the end. I mean, she is OUT of the shed basement thing. That's something. So sad to hear about the tour cancellation, though.

Title Song: Daylight - Maroon 5

Anyway, I'm outty

xxBambi