Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

“ROSE!” I had screamed, a police officer holding me back as the paramedics tried to pry her body from underneath the large vehicle. Tears had filled my eyes and I had never felt so much pain. Balloons were escaping her red jeep and there was blood all over them, my best friend lying lifelessly before me. “NO! LET ME GO! SHE’S MY BEST- MY BEST FRIEND! PLEASE!” I had screamed, tears flowing effortlessly as the police officer held me back, a regretful look on his face. I don’t know how I had done it, but I shoved him away from me and ran for dear life toward my best friend, flinging myself onto the dirt in front of her. I heard the paramedics, muttering to each other as they tried to retrieve her lifeless body.

“She’s not budging; her heart has failed and all of the blood is being drained from her body. It’s impossible for her to survive.” My heart broke in two and I had just sobbed, the realization hitting me that I had lost my best friend. Another police officer pulled me to my feet and brought me over to the road, sitting me down and asking me questions; but I hadn’t answered any of them. The pain was too much and my mouth wouldn’t work. It took me a few months to stop my random tears, only for them to resurface when my mother found out she had cancer. My Aunt Janette tried to talk to me about it, but I never let her in. Not even the day my mother’s heart stopped on the hospital bed, her life ending right in front of me as she whispered one final thing.

"Find it. I know you can, you’re…you’re beautiful."


Lindsey Greene used to be happy. She used to have the perfect mother that loved her, the perfect best friend that was always there for her, and the perfect job that paid well. When suddenly, her best friend Rose dies in a horrible car accident the day of Lindsey's 19th birthday and a few weeks after, her mother is in the hospital because of Breast Cancer. Lindsey soon quits her job and she is all alone, living with her Aunt Janette and Cousin Jennifer; who are hardly home in the first place. When Lindsey finds out her mother passed away shortly after, Lindsey falls into depression, only leaving her house to see Dr. Jones, her therapist. Will she ever be happy again?

Lindsey Greene ; Danny Jones