Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

He Really Does Care

I don’t know how much time passed exactly. All I knew is that I’m completely soaked from head to toe and I’m all alone. My tears haven’t stopped but I didn’t care. What does it matter, anyway? It’s not like someone was here with me that I needed to impress. I wiped my eyes roughly and felt my whole body shiver. Pulling my jacket tighter to my body, I felt another sob approach. Letting my body collapse, I fell to the mud and leaned my body against my mother’s grave, wrapping my arms around my muddy legs as I cried. I looked down at my wrist, the breast cancer bracelet hanging limp. I tugged on the fabric and it fell into the mud, lying right beside the flower I put down earlier.

“I need you.” I whispered to her, my head falling onto my lap as I cried. “Why did you have to leave?” I yelled, slamming my hand into the mud beside me. I bit my lip, raising my head as I shook, the cold wind hitting me as my sob carried on. “I’m such a mess.” I whispered, shaking my head at myself. I heard the sound of an engine ring through the still air and I looked up, my eyes squinting through my tears to look at the vehicle that just pulled into the deserted cemetery. It pulled to a park a good 10 tombstones from me as I saw the windshield wipers blow full blast. Looking back down at my arms, I wiped away my tears as I heard a familiar voice.

“Lindsey!” My head shot up at his frantic voice and I jumped, my eyes growing wide as Danny jumped out of his front seat. It was hard to see him through the downpour but I knew it was him when I heard his familiar voice again. “Lindsey, thank God.” He exclaimed, running through the mud to meet me. His leather jacket clung to his body as well as his hair, his eyes large as they met mine. More tears fell and I didn’t know what to do. He’s here. And in one swift movement, he was on his knees in front of me, his arms wrapped around my shaking figure. Letting out a strangled sob, I hugged him back. “Lindsey. Jesus. You scared me.” He whispered in my ear, and I felt my body shake as my sobs grew louder. My hands were balled into fists, clung to his jacket as I buried my face into his shoulder.

“My-my phone fell in-into a pud-puddle and I-I,” I took a deep breath, my voice quivering at every word. Crying loudly once more, I pulled him tighter to me. Danny sighed, his heart beating repeatedly into my chest because our bodies were so close. And in one swift movement, I was in his lap, his arms wrapped tightly around me as the rain cascaded onto us, our bodies soaked. “I-I’m so-sorry, Da-Danny.” I hiccupped, biting my lip as I pulled back slightly, shaking my head. “I’m s-so stupid.” I gulped, shivering.

“Shh. It’s okay Lindsey. Let’s get you out of the rain,” he whispered, getting to his feet with me laying in his arms bridal style. I felt my lip quiver as I cried; my body temperature drastically low from the freezing rain. He quickly grabbed my phone off of the muddy floor, placing it on my lap before he quickly made his way to his car. “It’ll be warmer in there, I promise.” He whispered in my ear, holding me tightly against his body. He slid me into the passenger’s seat before he jumped in the driver’s seat, cranking the heat. I watched, completely numb, as he turned his car on, blasting the heat completely. He then reached into his backseat and grabbed a thick blanket, draping it around my shoulders. It clung to me, my wet frame dripping as I shivered.

And without a word said, Danny leaned over the middle of his vehicle where the shifter sat and wrapped his arms tightly around me, placing my head in the crook of his neck. A few tears fell from my eyes and I sniffled, my arms too frozen holding the blanket to wipe them away. Danny shifted so I was flush against his body and he reached his left hand down, wiping my cheeks softly to rid the tears. I sniffled again, closing my eyes tight as I calmed my breathing. I felt my body begin to warm up and I sighed softly, opening my sore eyes. Danny looked down at me and smiled softly before he sat back. The second his arms left my body, I felt cold.

“Let’s get you home.” He whispered, and I felt my eyes grow wide. I don’t want to go home. He reached over and grabbed my hand, locking our fingers together as my body shivered. I blushed furiously, looking down at our locked hands as he chuckled. Looking up, I looked right into his beautiful eyes. “Don’t worry; my home.” He spoke so softly, pulling off his leather jacket and placed it by my feet, the hot air aimed right at it. My eyes ran over his shirt, the white material sticking to his torso because of the rain that got passed his jacket, and he reached for my hand once more, our fingers laced together. He shivered slightly before pulling out of the cemetery, his hand still entwined with mine.

It didn’t take long before we pulled up to his flat, the rain calming down slightly, but not much. I wiped away the last of my tears before Danny pulled his hand away, grabbing his jacket off of the floor. Shrugging on the cold leather, Danny sent me a soft smile before he slipped out of his car, running to my side. I stepped out and wrapped the blanket tighter to my body, hurrying into the building with Danny right beside me, holding onto my hand. I felt a small sigh of relief leave me as we stepped in, the warm air meeting my cold figure. Tugging on my hand, Danny led me into his dark apartment and turned the light on, closing the door and locking it behind him.

“Here, let’s get you some warm clothes.” He said softly, leading me to his bedroom. I stood in the doorway as he pulled various clothes out of his closet, trying to find something that’ll fit me. I felt my body shiver and so I shrugged off the blanket, dropping it to the floor, followed by my drenched jacket. I rubbed my arms and getting rid of those two dripping articles of clothing helped my body reheat itself. “Here; I have sweatpants with strings so you can size it to your waist and a plain white t-shirt.” Danny said, laying the clothes out for me. He grabbed an outfit for himself before he turned to me, his eyes running over my tight shirt. I blushed, looking away as I rubbed my arms. “Jesus, I can see your ribs, Lindsey.” He whispered, stepping closer to me. I looked down, my eyes locked with my muddy shoes as I blinked back tears. Placing his hand under my chin, he directed my eyes to his. “Are you hungry? I’ll make us some dinner. Get dressed and we’ll have dinner inside tonight instead, okay?” He spoke softly and I nodded before he quickly left the room.

“Calm down, Lindsey. You’re fine.” I whispered to myself, closing his bedroom door. I leaned my back against it, running a hand through my wet hair. I quickly pulled off my clothes and piled it into a ball beside my jacket, but I kept on my underwear and bra, considering they weren’t too wet. Pulled on the oversized clothes, I walked the few feet to his bathroom, running another towel through my hair. Splashing water on my face, I got rid of the rest of my makeup and refreshed my skin. It was still tear stained but it didn’t look half as noticeable as it did earlier. Instead of using his brush, I ran my fingers through my hair to untangle it and just placed the lose curls behind my ears. That’s what I hate about rain; it makes my hair a rats nest. I walked back into his room, my arms still wrapped tightly around myself because of my low body heat. “Now where does he keep his hoodies?” I whispered, stepping into his walk in closet. I grabbed the first one I saw and pulled it over my head, sticking my hands into the pocket in the middle.

“Lindsey?” Danny called through the door, making me jump. I walked over to his bedroom door and pulled it open, my eyes meeting his. He smiled softly, pulling on the string around the top of the sweatshirt. “Where’s your wet clothes? I’m putting mine through the wash.” He said, and I pointed to the damp pile on the floor. Chuckling, Danny reached down and snatched my wet clothes before he walked into the room across the hall, where I heard him turn on the washer. He met me once more in the hallway before grabbing my hand, pulling me toward the kitchen. He was wearing an outfit similar to mine but he was wearing a white undershirt instead of a sweatshirt. “I made soup.” He said softly, pointing toward the two bowls at the breakfast bar. I looked over at Danny and smiled softly before I took a seat.

“Chicken noodle?” I asked, and he nodded, sitting beside me. “My favorite.” I muttered, picking up the spoon. We ate in silence; a comfortable silence. I could tell he wanted to ask me what happened but I couldn’t bring myself to mention it. After everything, he deserves to know. He needs to know. I finished my soup and stood up, taking the empty bowl to the sink to wash it. Danny followed behind me, leaning on the counter after he put his bowl in the sink too. Turning to look at Danny, I took a deep breath and looked him in the eye as I spoke softly. “Thank you, Danny, for coming to get me and for being there; and I guess, just for caring about me. It means a lot.” I nodded, and Danny smiled softly.

“I’ll never stop caring about you, Lindsey. Whenever you’re hurt or need help, just talk to me. I’m here for you.” He whispered, and I felt a pull at my heart. He really does care. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and let my heart do the talking.

“Then I think you should sit down. This might take a while.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Lindsey's Pajamas

I love Danny♥ he's perfect. ha. well, she's finally going to tell him EVERYTHING. i'll definitely be posting more soon so you guys can figure out what happens :) please, comment more guys! i want to know if you guys like this! and really, i do appreciate those of youu that have commented! i love that you guys are liking this :) more soon!
read,comment,subscribe
xx