Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Paparazzi

“No, Jenn. Stop, leave it alone.” I grunted, moving out of the way of Jenn’s crazy hands. We were merely finished getting ready; our dresses were on, our makeup was done, so all that was left was our hair. I followed a video online that showed you how to braid sideways, so I offered to help Jenn. It actually turned out really cool. I was going to leave my hair down and straight, but Jenn got her way and ended up curling my whole head.

“Come on! It will look so good up, though!” She whined, but I just shook my head. A loud knock sounded on the door and it flew open, two girls standing on the other side of the door. Tom’s fiancé, Gio, looked beautiful. Her brunette hair was curled and pulled back, her eyes lined with thin eyeliner. Her dress was light pink, clinging to her curves perfectly and flowing to the floor. Emily, Dougie’s girlfriend, looked like a model. Literally. Her hair was done up with a poof, little strands falling in her face but it didn’t look messy. Her makeup was done thick, but it accented her face perfectly. And her dress; she was wearing a dark green number, the dress hugging her in all of the right places. They looked beautiful.

“Hey guys, you look great!” Emily exclaimed, and I felt a smile tug at my lips. Since I’ve been practically living at Danny’s house for the past few days, I’ve grown comfortable with the whole group, especially the girls. I complemented them back before I turned back to the mirror, fixing the strands of hair sticking out. “Are you excited for tonight, Lindsey?” Emily asked, leaning on the wall beside me. Turning to her, I raised an eyebrow.

“I mean, yeah. Why?” I asked with my hand placed on my hip. Giggling, Emily patted my shoulder and turned to the mirror as well. Running her hands through her hair, she looked over at me in the corner of her eye.

“Well, words spreading around the group that you are about to become a ‘McFly’s Girl’.” She spoke softly, causing my other eyebrow to rise with the other. “Those are the girlfriends of McFly.” She informed me, and I just looked at my reflection in the mirror. Jenn showed up beside me and then Gio beside her. The four of us just looked into the mirror, our reflections facing back at us. Jenn caught my eye and grinned.

“It’s about time. They’ve been giving each other the lovey-dovey eyes for weeks.” She giggled, leaning in and checking her makeup. I caught eyes with Gio and she smiled reassuringly.

“Why aren’t you excited?” She questioned, and I shrugged, taking a seat on Danny’s bed. She took a seat beside me, placing her hand on my arm as I sighed. “Do you not feel the same way?” She asked, and I shrugged again. Emily and Jenn both turned to me then, the both of their eyes the size of saucers. “Do you like him?”

“Yeah, I do. A lot. That’s what scares me.” I whispered, running a hand through my curls. Looking down at the floor, I took a deep breath. “He is so sweet to me. He’s been helping me since the first time I’ve met him, he actually listens to me, and he’s just been there for me. I’ve never had a guy be there for me considering I’ve never met my father. I’ve had boyfriends, but they’d only last a few weeks; nothing too serious. I don’t know what I’m feeling and it’s just…scary.” I muttered, taking a deep breath. I looked up at my three friends and they each shared a look. Emily spoke up first.

“Do you see yourself being with him?” She whispered, and I nodded silently. “Then what’s the problem?” She asked, taking a seat on my other side. Jenn pulled a chair over, sitting in front of me. Taking another breath, I let my heart do the talking.

“People like me don’t belong with people like him. I mean, he’s beautiful, famous, fairly wealthy, and he could get any girl in the world. Me, on the other hand; I’m plain, stick thin, emotionally disabled, and I have anxiety attacks all of the time. I need serious help from a therapist and he’s normal. Why would he choose me?” I whispered, looking in the eyes of the friends around me. Emily looked down, Gio sighed softly, and Jenn raised her eyebrows. Before anyone could get a word in, a fist made contact with the bedroom door.

“Ready? The limo’s here.” Dougie’s voice rang out, causing the four of us to stand. Emily and Gio walked swiftly to the door, but Jenn pulled me back.

“Lindsey, listen to me. For some reason, Danny likes you. And I mean likes you, likes you.” She winked, causing a small smile to form on my lips. “Just let him. Obviously your feelings are mutual. I mean, really? He’s done so much for you and no other guy would try so hard. Give him a chance to really show you what you mean to him. The fact that he’s telling the band…that’s big for a guy. Just let whatever happens…happen, alright? You deserve to be happy.” She sighed softly and smiled.

“Okay,” I whispered, following her out. She squeezed my hand reassuringly and smiled before we walked out into Danny’s living room. Gio and Emily were already with their significant other so when Jenn and I stepped out, all eyes were on us. Harry grinned at Jenn, walking over and wrapping his arms around her waist as she giggled. They spoke quietly to each other, my eyes running over their expressions.

“You look beautiful.” I turned at the sound of Danny’s voice and his eyes ran over my dress before they met mine. I smiled softly, my cheeks growing slight heat. He was dressed in a fancy suit, his tie matching my dress perfectly. This has to be Jenn’s doing. Looking around the room, I realized that everyone’s tie matched their dates dresses perfectly, too. “I’ve never seen you wear a dress before.” Danny stated, running his hand over the material. Grabbing my hand, he linked our fingers. Blushing again, I smiled up at him.

“Don’t get used to it.” I spoke softly, causing his lips to pull into a smile. A soft chuckle left his lips and it caused me to smile widely up at him. Pulling me with him, we fallowed the group outside and toward the awaiting limo. All eight of us piled in, everyone sitting beside their dates. “So what should we expect?” I muttered, catching Danny’s eye. He placed his hand on my knee reassuringly, but it only caused millions of butterflies to erupt in my stomach. Tom, sitting across from us, spoke up with a small smile.

“No worries. There’s going to be a lot of paparazzi on the way into the record label, but that’s only going to be a few seconds of a walk. Then we will be entering the record label, where there will be a lot of other bands and artists, along with our managers and other important people that you’ll probably forget the names of a few minutes after meeting them. We just show up, talk to a few people, and then we can leave.” Tom shrugged, like it was the easiest thing. But in the inside, I’m freaking out. Every girl in this limo is dating someone in McFly but me. Who is he going to introduce me as?

“No one is expecting you to hold a conversation with them or impress them.” Dougie spoke up from beside Tom, shrugging his shoulders lightly. “They don’t really want to be there, either.” He said, and I nodded slowly. I turned to Danny and he gave me a reassuring smile.

“Just stay beside me and you’ll be fine, love.” We pulled up in front of the record label and I took a deep breath, catching Jenn’s eye. ‘Take a deep breath,’ she mouthed to me, and I nodded, doing just as she said. I heard screams from outside the limo and I raised my eyebrows. The door pulled open and Tom and Gio stepped out first. Flashes went off and I heard the crowd shout questions at them. Dougie and Emily stepped out next, his hand gripped tight around hers.

“Let’s do this.” Harry grinned, gripping Jenn’s hand as she giggled. She gave me one more smile before she stepped out beside him. I turned to Danny and he grabbed my hand, linking our fingers.

“Stay by my side, aright? And keep your eyes ahead of you.” Danny whispered in my ear, and I nodded slowly. He stepped out of the limo, holding his hand out to me. Taking a deep breath, I grabbed his hand. “Welcome to the world of McFly.” I stepped out and the flashes were nearly blinding. Danny placed his arm around my waist, guarding me from the paparazzi as they shouted questions left and right.

“Danny, who’s the new girl?”

“What happened to Rachel?”

“What about your future?”

“Is she the reason you left your girlfriend of two years?”


“Ignore them.” He whispered in my ear, and I just nodded numbly. More questions were thrown at us but I just ignored them, my feet carrying me toward the entrance. Danny’s fingers made calming circles against the dress on my waist, causing small butterflies to erupt in the pit of my stomach again. We made it through the doors quickly and the security guards quickly closed the doors behind us. Danny turned to me once we were out of sight from the paparazzi and he places both of his hands on my cheeks. Looking up into his eyes, he spoke softly. “Don’t listen to anything the paparazzi say, alright? They just try to make up juicy stories to sell to magazines. So whatever you do, don’t believe them, yeah? Trust me.” He ran his thumbs over my cheeks and I nodded slowly.

“Dan?” We turned at the sound of Dougie’s voice, Emily’s hand clutched tightly in his. Danny dropped his hands but he reached for my left hand, linking our fingers together. “They want to take a few photos of the band. Together.” Dougie spoke, walking toward us before he winked in my direction. “Mind separating for a few minutes?” I just rolled my eyes. We followed them toward the rest of the band and I stood beside Emily, Jenn, and Gio as they posed for a few cameras. They did a few with smiles, but then they started to make faces, their laughter filling the room. Their laughter caused the four of us to break out laughing too, turning to each other as our faces turned red. The flashes continued as we calmed down before it was time to enter the after party.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lindsey and Jenn's Dresses!

I'm sorry it's been a hundred years!! D: i got major writers block but i've got it back!! enjoy :) morrreeee in the next chapter :)