Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Twitter Hate

@GalaxyDefender04: @DannyMcFly drop the anorexic blonde @lindsgreene and get back with @RachelRae

@jenaymcfly923: @lindsgreene you will never be as beautiful as @RachelRae! #twat


Logging onto my Twitter on my laptop was more than just a bad idea. I had over five hundred new followers, and I had more than eight hundred mentions. Lets just say, maybe five out of those eight hundred were nice comments. My eyes scanned over the hurtful words as everything sank in. My body began to shake and I felt a few tears well up in my eyes.

Danny’s been gone for a little over a week now, and no matter what, he would call me at least once a day. We sent little texts to each other all morning, he usually called me around lunchtime, and then we had our Skype date every night. Our relationship was stronger than ever and everything was amazing. Until today, when I opened my web browser and typed in ‘t’ for Tumblr and Twitter showed up as well. I shouldn’t have selected it but I did anyway, and it was probably the worst mistake I could have ever made. Sitting on the living room floor, I scrolled through tweet after tweet…

@PatJones: @lindsgreene Dansey? I liked #Ranny BETTER! #Ranny #Ranny #Ranny

@McFly4eva: @lindsgreene Danny’s only with someone like you because he feels bad. GET A CLUE, Rachel and Danny are meant to be! #RannyMcFly

@strgrl06: @DannyMcFly out of every girl in the world, you chose HER? @lindsgreene


There was tweet after tweet just bashing me; saying how awful I was for Danny and how him and Rachel will have a happily ever after. A lump formed in my throat and I just stared at all of the tweets. I was trying not to let it get to me but there was no use; it already had. The amount of hate I was receiving definitely damaged my self-esteem and I just…I couldn’t get it out of my head.

@NotAloneEmma: @DannyMcFly you are making a huge mistake… @lindsgreene isn’t worth it.

@LittleJoanna: @lindsgreene go back into the shadows where you belong!!!

@IfUCMia: @lindsgreene have you ever heard of eating without throwing it back up after? You should try it sometime, then maybe you’d actually be nice to look at.


A few mentions, thought, caught my eye. They were posted a week or two ago and it caused my lips to form the faintest of smiles.

@DannyMcFly: True fans don’t bash on the ones we love. Where are our real fans? @lindsgreene doesn’t deserve the hate. xx

@DougieMcFly: RT ‘@DannyMcFly: True fans don’t bash on the ones we love. Where are our real fans? @lindsgreene doesn’t deserve the hate. xx’ and neither does @emILYdp @GioFletcher or #twitterlessJenn


I was interrupted by a knock on the door. Taking an unsteady breath, I wiped my cheeks and minimized Twitter, pushing my laptop to the side. I pulled myself to my feel, dusting off my leggings and Danny’s t-shirt before I reached for the door. Pulling it opened, I didn’t expect to see Dr. Jones staring right back at me. ‘”Dr. Jones, uh, hi. What are you doing here?” I stuttered. I hadn’t seen her since before Danny left for tour because she was sick with a nasty head cold, having called me to apologize over the phone. But seeing her out of her office was quite strange. The last time we spoke in person, I had told her I was in love with her son.

“Hello, Lindsey. Danny told me you’d be here. May I come in?” She was wearing a pair of jeans and a cute top, her hair left down and curly. She looked the complete opposite as when I had my meetings with her in her office. Clearing my throat, I pulled the door wider and let her in. Running my hands through my hair, I closed the door behind her and followed her into the kitchen.

“Could I get you something?” Her eyes wandered around the flat and I felt instantly nervous. I knotted my fingers together before I offered her a cup of tea.

“No, thank you.” Taking a seat at the table, Dr. Jones looked up at me with a soft smile. “I don’t mean to just barge in on you like this and it’s very inappropriate, but I wanted to apologize to you in person about missing our appointments. I feel awful to keep canceling on you like that.” I waved her off, scooting into the seat across from her. Placing her purse on the table, she pulled out a manila envelope and pushed it across the table to me. “I had another reason to stop by to talk to you, though. You see, I spoke with your aunt last week and we decided that it would be appropriate to end our therapy sessions.”

“What?” I whispered, furrowing my eyebrows.

“For the past month or two, you have showed amazing improvement and I’m very impressed. Ever since you met my boy, your world has pulled together again, Lindsey. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. But if we are being honest, I could lose my job if you continue to pay me for our sessions because you are dating and living with my son.” She sat up and sent me a soft smile. “This doesn’t mean that we won’t ever talk again. Ask Danny for my number and you can call me whenever you feel like talking. And please, call me Kathy.” She pushed the folder toward me again. “Lindsey, I am proud of you. You have turned your life right-side up, and I know it’s not just all thanks to Danny. Please, give me a call anytime. This folder holds all the information your aunt has given me and it holds most, if not all, of my notes concerning your anxiety and how you’ve recreated yourself. It has a little bit more information in there too about both your mother and father. Please, hold on to it, look through it, whichever you so desire.”

“Wow,” I was speechless, just looking down at my fingers as they flipped through the pages.

“And I know it shouldn’t matter to either of you, but I deeply approve of your relationship with my son. You’re keeping him calm and he’s keeping you alive. He may be a little loud and all over the place, but I know he cares about you. Don’t push him away when you get upset. He’s a very sensitive boy, whether he’ll admit that or not.” She sent me a wink and I couldn’t help the smile that formed on my lips. “I should probably head back home, Danny’s stepfather and I are going away for the weekend. Lindsey, I know it took a long time to let me in and I hate that I have to end our sessions when you were just starting to get comfortable, but call me and we can grab some tea sometime. It won’t be in my office and I won’t be writing your every word down; I want to get to know you as my son’s girlfriend and you can start getting comfortable with me being Danny’s mum more than your therapist. Give it a thought, yeah?”

“Definitely. Thank you, Dr. Jones. Er, Kathy.” I blushed as she pulled me into a hug. It was a little weird at first, but I just took a deep breath and hugged her back. She pulled back and smiled at me.

“Be good to my son, I’m leaving him in your hands.” I nodded with a shy grin.

“Thank you,” I closed the door behind her before I sank to the floor, my hands running through my hair. I reached for my laptop again and I opened up twitter. A few more tweets caught my eye but I just scrolled past them and up to the top, searching for the box so that I could send out my own tweet.

@lindsgreene: You’re worth it. @DannyMcFly

After I sent my tweet, I logged off of twitter and pushed my laptop aside. Laying flat on my back, I stared up at the ceiling and took a few deep breaths. I don’t know how long passed exactly but after a little while, my laptop made a loud noise, catching my attention. Turning my head, my eyes zeroed in on a new Skype window. Danny’s names flashed underneath and I felt my heart beat harder into my chest. It was an hour before we told each other we’d meet online so I hesitated before I selected answer.

“Are you okay?” Were the first words that left his mouth. I sat up on the floor and cleared my throat, pulling the laptop over so that I could see his face and the webcam was aiming for mine. I nodded my head softly but Danny just sighed, speaking again. “You were on twitter.” He whispered, causing me to look down at my fingers.

“It’s fine. I already forgot about it-” he cut me off, shaking his head wildly.

“No you haven’t and you know it.” He spoke, causing me to blink back some tears. “I know I’ve said this already but you need to understand that what those fans are saying…none of its true and none of it matters.” He was cut off as Dougie’s face appeared beside his. Instantly I realized that they were in a car, and apparently, Danny was using his phone’s Skype instead of his laptop.

“He’s right. They’re just crazy fans that are saying all that to make themselves feel better.” Dougie chimed in, shrugging his shoulders softly. I focused on his eyes and he looked sad as he sighed softly. “Emily went through it when we started dating. It might be really bad now, but they’ll get bored and it’ll calm down. Don’t let it get to you.” I took a deep breath and just nodded numbly. The camera moves and it was just pointed at Danny again.

“Tell me what you’re thinking.” He whispered. I knew for a fact that one of the concerts has just ended, leaving the lads sweaty and tired. Deciding that they need to get back and get some rest, I decided to cut our chat short.

“I’m just tired. I think I’m going to head to bed.” Standing, I held the laptop in my hands and I saw a defeated frown grow on Danny’s face. He tried to speak, but I beat him to it. “It’s all right, Dan. I’m fine. It’s only the internet. I’m not going to let it bother me.” Lie, lie, lie, and lie.

“Lindsey.” He sighed, running his free hand through his hair. I tried to keep my tears at bay but I was running out of strength. “I love you.” Danny sputtered out, holding his head in his hand. Sighing softly, I just nodded my head.

“And I love you. Goodnight.” I logged off of Skype and then placed my laptop down on the counter. Leaning against the wall, I placed my head in my hands and let the tears that had been waiting to escape, slide down my cheeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
:(