Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

I'll Be Okay

I ran out to the front of the concert hall, knowing that his fans were still lining up to get in. I was crossing my fingers in hopes that they would recognize him and it would hold him back long enough for me to get a cab. I ran through the group of girls and the second I got out, I heard their screams, meaning they’ve spotted him. I tried to hail down a cab as I looked back behind me. Danny was pushing through his fans, his eyes locking onto mine. I looked away first as a cab stopped in front of me. Hopping in the back, I slammed the door shut and locked it. Danny reached me though, his hand finding the door handle and he tried to pull it open.

“Lindsey, please.” He pleaded, banging on the window. “I’m not letting you leave like this. Talk to me.”

“Just leave me alone.” I shouted out to him, wiping my tear-filled eyes.

“No. Lindsey, get out of the bloody cab and talk to me. I can’t lose you.” He spoke loudly but the last sentence was more of a whisper. His fans were huddled up behind him and I felt my face grow hot from the attention. Without warning, the cab driver unlocked the doors and Danny pulled it open instantly. “Thanks mate.” Danny spoke, pulling me out of the warm cab. It drove off immediately and I stepped away from him, walking off down the street.

“Lindsey.” Danny whispered, grabbing my hand. I pulled it out of his grasp but I turned to him none-the-less, crossing my arms over my chest.

“What!? What could you possibly say to make ‘us’ okay?” I whispered.

“I didn’t mean it. I didn’t mean it when I said I can’t do this. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“Well you did.” I shot back, stepping around him and heading toward the side of the venue. Danny followed quickly before he jumped in front of me, stopping me from getting to Gio’s car. I shoved past him.

“Let me explain!” He shouted. “I’m just stressed and I missed you and I don’t want to lose you!” He stood in between Gio’s car and me, cutting off the only exit I had. “I got mad because I’m expecting you to be comfortable with my lifestyle and it was selfish. I know it’ll take some time. I know this is hard for you but I need to know that you’re all right and I just need you to talk to me-” Tears welled up in my eyes once more and I stepped back, shaking my head wildly.

“After everything you’ve said to me?” I whispered. “I know you’re sorry and you want everything to go back to normal but after everything we’ve said tonight… I don’t know if that’s possible. I’m not used to fighting with you, I’m not used to letting people in, and I’m not used to telling people immediately when something is wrong with me. When you skyped me right after I went on twitter, I was uncomfortable and I didn’t want anything to do with you. I wanted my space. That’s what I’m used to; space. You’re expecting me to- to be able to call you up whenever something goes wrong and I’ve never done that before. No one has ever been there for me like you have.” I took an unsteady breath, running my hand through my tangled hair. “I’m trying to get used to your lifestyle but it has only just been shoved in my face. You need to give me a break here. I’ve never been with anyone famous, so I’m not used to this.” I looked over his shoulder and a group of girls were watching us, their cell phones help up and pointed right at us.

“I understand that. I overreacted and I need to trust you and give you your space. Okay. Please, just don’t leave mad at me.” He took a deep breath. “I’m sorry.”

“Stop saying you’re sorry.” I muttered, shaking my head. I wiped the rest of my tears, taking a deep breath. “Sorry isn’t going to fix everything all of the time. You just told me in there that you might not be able to do this. And now out here…you’re telling me something different. Do you want to be with me or not?” I spoke softly so that the fans couldn’t hear me. He ran his hands through his hair, stepping a little closer to me. “Because if you do…this is me. I need my time, my space, and understanding.” My voice was hushed so Danny stepped even closer; so close that I could smell his cologne. “You give me that and I’ll let you in. I need to give to receive, and so do you.” Danny reached forward, placing his large hand on my cheek, tucking a chunk of my blond hair behind my ear.

“If I didn’t want to spend the rest of my life with you, I wouldn’t have asked you to move in with me.” He whispered, leaning over to speak in my ear. Butterflies appeared in my stomach again and I took a deep breath. We can get through this. He leaned back again, wiping the rest of my tears. “I didn’t mean to make you cry. I didn’t mean to scare you off. I was just freaking out and I couldn’t handle it. Are we okay?” He whispered, tilting his head to the side. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes before I reopened them, sending him a small smile. I nodded softly. “More importantly; are you okay?” My smile grew and my heart finally calmed down.

“I’ll be okay.” A smirk appeared on his lips, causing me to smile wider. He grew serious once more, the smile disappearing from his lips.

“I fucked up.” His voice was back down to a whisper and his fans grew completely silent. Placing my hand on his and moving them to my cheeks, I spoke so softly that I don’t even think I heard my voice.

“Then fix it.” He had heard me, though, because the next thing I knew, his lips were on mine. His fans started cheering and I felt a little weird that they were watching us. I cut the kiss short and I just sent Danny a small smile. “They’re watching us.” I whispered. Shrugging his shoulders, he sent me a grin and I felt the smile tug up at my lips.

“Who cares?” Leaning forward, he pecked my lips a few times before he pulled back and linked our fingers together. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

*`*

Watching Danny move on the stage is something I’ve never witnessed before. By the end of the concert, I found myself standing beside Jenn, Gio, and Emily, watching Danny jump around and sing his heart out with his three best friends. After getting back into the venue, Tom ushered Danny onstage and we were invited to stay and watch. Even after our fight, I felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. It was hard to go through, considering we’ve never fought before, but it was worth it. I felt like our relationship was much better now and there wasn’t that awkward space between us. Maybe it is okay to tell each other how we feel every once and a while.

“What happened?” Jenn shouted in my ear, the music nearly deafening from the side-stage. I turned to her and a just grinned, rolling my eyes.

“We talked, fought, and then made up.” I shrugged, shouting right back at her. She raised her eyebrows and I just smiled. “It needed to happen.” I spoke, before I turned my attention back to Danny on the stage. They finished singing ‘Shine a Light’ and Danny stepped up to the mic, slinging his guitar onto his back. He shared a look with Tom and the crowd grew quiet.

“How’s everyone doin’ tonight!?” He shouted, causing the crowd to go mental. After it quieted some, Danny spoke again. “I just want to say a few things before we sing our last song.” His voice was raspy and I felt my heart flutter. Gio and Emily looked at me and I just shrugged my shoulders. “I’m going to refer back to my old tweet and Dougie’s retweet a few weeks back.” He spoke, and right beside him, Tom brought out his iPhone and pressed a few buttons. My eyes grew wide and I looked over at Jenn.

“True fans don’t bash the ones we love. Where are our real fans? Lindsey doesn’t deserve the hate. And neither does Emily, Gio, or Jenn.” Tom spoke loud and clear, his eyes firm on his iPhone. Their tour manager, Jeff, appeared beside me and he was talking into a mini microphone.

“What the hell are you lads doing?!” He spoke loudly, looking down at me in the corner of his eyes.

“I had nothing to do with it!” I whispered, shaking my head. My eyes found Danny’s and he was looking right at me. Our eyes locked together for a few moments before he looked back out at the crowd.

“Don’t take this the wrong way; you mean the world to us and we wouldn’t be McFly without any of you. But I’ve seen your tweets toward Lindsey and the rest of the girls and I don’t even know what to say.” Dougie jumped up to his mic and spoke up,

“It’s nearly driven them away from us.” Harry stood up from his drum kit from behind them and his eyes found Jenn’s.

“We are just asking for some respect for the ones we love.”

“That’s all we ask.” Tom added in. I found Danny’s eyes once more and he sent me a soft smile. Looking out into the crowd, he took a deep breath. Jeff huffed from behind me and continued to shout into the mini microphone for them to stop or they’re in deep shit. I felt my heart beat harder as Danny’s voice rang out again.

“It doesn’t matter what you are all saying, because we love these girls, we’ve picked them, and it’s our futures we want them in. Please, keep your nasty opinions to yourself.” Pulling his guitar back into his hands, he flashed the crowd a smile. “Here’s ‘One For The Radio’.” I let out the breath I’ve been holding in and I turned toward my best friends.

“Oh. My. God.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

xx