Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Brawl

“Well if it isn’t Lindsey Greene.” Rachel’s voice echoed around us and I felt my pulse quicken. Shit. “Long time, no see.” Double shit. The liquor was still very much in my system so the next thing I did not only shocked Rachel, but it shocked me, too.

“Well if it isn’t Rachel Edwards. Long time, gladly, no see.” It might not have been the greatest comeback, but it was something. I stood my ground, turning to look her dead in the eye. My legs wobbled slightly from all of the alcohol in my system but I felt like everything, finally, wasn’t as blurry as before.

“Funny.” Rachel snarled, crossing her arms over her chest. Someone stepped into the bathroom at that moment, and just one look from Rachel caused the girl to scurry back out. Walking over, Rachel turned the lock and we were left just her and I. “I read in a magazine about you and Danny’s…fight…outside of their concert a few weeks back. Did you get upset that Danny was off having the time of his life while you were stuck at home, doing nothing?” Rachel stepped forward, her high heels clicking on the tiled floor. “It gets old after a while, doesn’t it? Having to sit back and watch him have fun. That’s why I turned toward his best mate. Danny was too busy with McFly to even realize that David was the man taking care of me. It took a whole year for him to realize that those months that he was on tour or in an interview; David was the man lying in his bed beside me, not him.”

“Why are you telling me all of this?” I spoke up, feeling sick to my stomach. Why would I want to hear her tell me that she was sleeping with David when she was supposed to be with Danny?

“Because Danny and I were meant to be. ‘Ranny’. We were the ‘it’ couple. Everyone loved us. Everything would have gone back to normal if you hadn’t had come in the picture and fucked it all up. If Danny had never met you, I’m sure we would have gotten back together.” My eyes bugged out as I tried to hold in my laugh. Is she for real? I went to step around her but she just held her arm out, causing me to stumble back into the sink. “You see, David was just a quick shag. Whenever Danny was away, I would call him up, he’d show up at the flat, we would spend nights together, and then we would act like nothing happened when Danny got home. It was perfect. One slip up. That’s all it took. One slip up and Danny knew. Fucking David left a note under the pillow that I never knew about and Danny came across it when he got home. I could have made up some lie but by the time I thought of anything, he was already with you.” She shoved me hard in the chest and my eyebrows shot up into my bangs. “That is why I have a problem with you. Now all of England hates me because he told everyone that I cheated on him. All because you came in with your ‘I’m suicidal, I am depressed, pity me, boo hoo’ story and Danny fell for it.” But what happens next I completely, one hundred percent, blame on the alcohol. I actually laughed in her face. It even went as far as my hands having to hold onto my knees to hold myself up.

“You’ve gone mad.” Her expression changed from utterly pissed to complete shock as I shrugged around her and reached for the lock on the door. “You have seriously gone mad. You are probably more fucked up than me. I’d go get yourself checked out.” I hastily unlocked the door and just as I was pulling it open, Rachel turned me around and cocked her arm back. I don’t know where the immediate reaction came from, but I held both of my hands up in front of my face just in time to stop her fist from smashing into my nose. Considering I was still completely drunk, the reaction threw us both off. The shock threw me off for just one second before I reacted. Maybe I shouldn’t have; maybe I should have just walked away. But because of the alcohol, I ended up cocking my arm back as well. Rachel must have still been shocked because she had no time to react before my fist made contact with her fake nose.

“Oh my god!” She screamed, cupping her bloody nose with both hands.

“That’s for cheating on Danny,” I grunted, before I reached back again and slapped her across the face. “That’s for insulting me,” I screamed, grabbing her shoulders and shoving her over. “And that’s for being a bitch!” She fell to the tiled floor, crying out in pain as blood gushed from her nose. “Now stay the hell away from me and Danny.” The adrenaline rang threw me as I turned around and walked out of the bathroom. My legs were as feeble as before and I felt them buckle just outside of the bathroom door. I was on my way to the floor when two pairs of arms caught me just in time. Jenn and Emily looked down at me, their eyes wide in shock.

“Bloody bitch!” Rachel screamed, causing Gio to close the bathroom door quickly and steer us toward the front doors. I stumbled behind the three as they guided us toward the front of the pub. I looked down at my right hand, her blood splattered over my knuckles. My fingers started to pulse and so I clutched my hand tightly to my chest.

“Oh my God.” Jenn muttered, her hand cupping her mouth; the other wrapped around my wrist. On my other side, Emily had both hands wrapped around my hand and she was yanking me right along, right behind Gio. “You are going to get us murdered. Bloody hell, Lindsey. Why did you punch her?” Jenn exclaimed, shaking her head roughly. I stopped dead in my tracks and the three of them turned to look at me. We were right beside the dance floor at this point, numerous pairs of eyes watching us.

“I don’t know! It just happened!” I slurred, my legs wobbling before me. My fist was throbbing, my left hand holding it tightly to my chest. “Fuck, I’m bleeding!” I exclaimed. Before Emily could lean over the counter and grabbed some ice, a hand appeared in front of me, already clutching some in a napkin. My eyes traveled up to the person’s eyes and my head started to pound again. Handing it to me, I took it gratefully and applied pressure to my throbbing fist.

“Did I see that correctly?” David asked. He let out a chuckle, shaking his head. “Or did I not just see you punch Rachel in the face?” Huffing, Jenn grabbed my arm and they started pulling me again before I could get a word in. I felt like I was actually sobering up by the time we got outside, the chilled October air biting my skin. I leaned on the wall as Jenn paced in front of me. Looking up, I watched as Emily and Gio just stared at me.

“What the actual fuck did I just see? David Star? Seriously? You better be shitting me, Lindsey.” Emily spat out. I felt my face drain from all of its color.

“It’s not what it looks like. You guys have to believe me. He said ‘hi’ to me earlier and that’s it.” I rushed out, shaking my head wildly. “I’m serious.” Gio nodded.

“Now tell us why you just punched Danny’s ex!” Jenn exclaimed. I felt my face flush.

“She pulled her arm back first.” I muttered. Jenn placed both of her hands on her waist.

“So? If she jumped off of a bridge, would you?” I rolled my eyes.

“Of course not. I’d be too distracted by watching her fall to her bloody death.” Jenn tossed her head back and she groaned, shaking her head wildly.

“Maybe getting Lindsey drunk was a bad idea.” Emily mused, rubbing her hand on her chin. Gio stopped to look at me and the second I saw a small smile form on her lips, I doubled over in laughter. “Lindsey, this isn’t funny. You just got into a brawl in the toilet!” Emily huffed. I looked up at Jenn and her laughter was falling through as well. Throwing her hands up, Emily stood up and just stared at the three of us, laughing all over each other. “How is this funny?” Emily muttered. I stood up and placed my hand on her shoulder, giggling loudly.

“I’m sorry.” I muttered, still holing my throbbing hand to my chest. “It’s not funny. You’re right.” I took a few deep breaths and tried to calm myself down. All of a sudden, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, and pulling it out, I felt myself sober up instantly. “It’s Danny.” I whispered, cupping my left hand over my mouth. “Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.” I began pacing, the phone clutched in my hand as I felt my face drain of all color.

“Shit.” Gio whispered, placing both of her hands on her head. Jenn and Emily stared at each other, their eyes wide in shock. “Just answer it, Lindsey. Act like nothing’s wrong. Tell him you’re tired…or- or that you have to go.” Gio sputtered out, gesturing to the phone in my hand.

“I can’t lie to him!” I exclaimed, pacing once more. I groaned, looking down at my phone as the vibrating finally stopped. He went to voicemail. “Oh, good. Maybe he doesn’t know and he was just calling to say goodnight-” I was cut off as a text appeared on my screen.

From: Danny
12 October 2011 1:12am
Call me as soon as you get this.


“He knows.” Jenn breathed, leaning on the wall outside of the club. I looked around at my best friends as another message appeared on my phone.

From: Danny
12 October 2011 1:13am
Please.
♠ ♠ ♠
O.O

i am SO sorry it took me SO long to post!! i feel absolutely terrible. i know this is NO excuse, but i just got a full time job and i have been working stupid hours and i have just been exhausted lately. but i know, no excuse!!
i really hope you guys enjoy that chapter, there's some more drama for you guys :P
tell me what you think!!
xx