Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Accidents

“Hello?” I squeaked, holding the phone up to my ear. My eyes were squeezed shut, my throbbing hand was held right to my chest, and my head was still slightly cloudy from all of the drinks I had consumed. Emily, Gio, and Jenn were watching me like hawks and I turned my back to them, letting out a staggered breath as I heard the voice speak on the other line.

“Care to explain to me why I am looking at a photo of you with David?” His voice sounded loud through my foggy ears and I felt my heart beat harder. “And why are there more of you and…Rachel? Bloody hell, why does it look like you’re beating the shit out of her?” All the blood drained from my face and I looked at my friends for help. “What is going on over there?” Danny seemed shocked, his voice a deadly whisper. Squeezing my eyes shut, I let my drunken slurs do the talking.

“She was talking ‘bout cheating on you and then she said something about me stealing you from her and then I laughed in her face and then her arm was being cocked back and then the next thing I know, she had a bloody nose and my hand was throbbing and I was being pulled out of there and-” my words were all mixed together and a small giggle fell through my lips. “It was an accident, I swear it!” I slurred. Danny sighed through the receiver and I felt my hand being tugged toward an awaiting cab. We squeezed into the back and I felt all eyes on me after Gio gave the driver our address.

“Are you drunk?” His voice was softer now and I felt my eyelids fall shut. Leaning back, I leaned my head to the side and nodded.

“It was an accident.” I muttered. Shockingly, I actually heard Danny chuckle.

“How was getting pissed out of your mind…an accident?” He chuckled and I felt a smile grow on my lips. Instantly, though, his voice got serious again. “I know you’re celebrating and all but you can’t go around punching my ex’s. It’s frowned upon in this business apparently. Tom’s on the line with management right now.” I felt my smile fade and I sighed. “As much as I appreciate you sticking up for us, why did you punch her?” Danny muttered.

“Apparently it felt like the right thing at the time. I don’t know. She was going to punch me and the next thing I know, her nose was gushing blood and my hand was throbbing. I didn’t want to make a scene. If anything, I just wanted to get the hell out of there.” My words were actually starting to make sense and I felt everyone around me relax. “I’m sorry if you’re in trouble now.” My voice got soft and I heard Danny sigh through the line.

“Lindsey. All you have to do is stop punching people and stop bloody hanging out with the fucker that fucked me over.” I bit my lip, shaking my head like crazy.

“I was not hanging out with David. Danny, seriously? You think I would do that behind your back?” I scoffed, my eyes flying open. “Do you not trust me at all? He gave me ice, Danny. That’s it. God, you’re acting like we shagged.” I bit my tongue as soon as the words slipped out of my mouth.

“Wouldn’t be the first time that fucker stole my girl.” His voice was like venom and I felt my heart beat hard in my chest.

“Is that what you thought? When you saw the picture of us?” I whispered, my voice dangerously low. Gio, Jenn, and Emily were staring at me wide-eyed, only hearing one side of the conversation. “You have got to be shitting me. Danny. I would never stoop so damn low-”

“I know that, Lindsey. That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t try anything.” Silence grew around us; both on my side of the phone and his. I stared down at my hand, my knuckles smeared with the blood from Rachel’s nose. “I trust you more than anything, L. I just…I-” I cut him off,

“-don’t trust him?” I whispered.

“Yeah.” He breathed. Silence grew around us once more and I felt my head start to pound from the alcohol. “So…did anyone catch a video of your incredibly accurate drunken right hook?” The smile was evident in his voice and I felt my whole body relax.

“Does that mean you’re not mad?” My eyes found Jenn’s and she was smiling softly, shaking her head at me.

“I wouldn’t go as far as saying that, but I am relieved you are okay. I was kind of concerned that I would hear from you being rushed to the hospital.” He spoke out and I heard the rest of the band chuckle from around him. I scoffed loudly, causing him to laugh loudly.

“Oi, you think I can’t handle myself? Think again, buddy. All I have are bruised and bloody knuckles, and it’s not even my blood!” I clicked on the ‘FaceTime’ button and as soon as he agreed, I held the phone out and turned it so he could see the four of us. He did the same, causing the four of us to look right at the four of them. They looked like they were in a van, him and Dougie in the bucket seats, and Tom and Harry lounging in the back. Tom had his cell phone held up to his ear but other than that, they looked exhausted. Waving, everyone chorused their hellos. Holding up my hand, I showed them my bloody fist and Danny’s eyes grew wide.

“Jesus, all I saw was your hand an inch away from her face. How hard did you hit her? Bloody ‘ell, Linds.” He breathed. I smiled sheepishly. Dougie leaned closer to the phone, his eyes wide.

“Lads, remind me to never get on Lindsey’s bad side! Especially when she’s pissed out of her mind!” Dougie spoke, causing everyone to laugh loudly. Blushing, I just cradled my hand to my chest. My eyes met Danny’s and he was frowning.

“You better be on your way home to put ice on that.” He spoke. I felt my face flush red. “And you should wrap it. Lindsey, the think is purple!” he exclaimed, causing Jenn to push her face closer into the phone.

“Hey Mum, relax. We are almost there and I’ve got this under control.” Her voice slurred at the end, causing the seven of us to laugh softly at her.

“I’m alright now, I swear.” I said to Danny, causing him to move the phone closer to his face so all that I could see was him. I did the same, and I send him a soft smile. “I promise I will go right to bed when we get back.”

“After taking care of your hand, of course.” He spoke.

“Of course.” We sent each other soft smiles and I took a deep breath.

“We are almost back to the hotel so I’ll let you go. Please, no more drunken fights.” He spoke, a smile playing on his lips. I shook my head with a laugh, stepping out of the cab as soon as it pulled up to our flat. “I love you, L.”

“I love you, too. I’m still sorry.” I whispered, and he just shook his head softly.

“We’ll figure it out with management in the morning.” He paused before a lazy smile grew on his face. “Twenty-two more days.” Laughing softly, I nodded my head.

“Twenty-two more days.” I breathed out before I hit the end button. Tossing my phone into my purse, I followed everyone into the flat before I sighed, pulling my way toward mine and Danny’s door. Turning, I smile at my three best friends as they all leaning on their doors as well. The four of us just stared at one another before a loud laugh rang through my lips, causing the four of us to double over laughing.

“You are one lucky bitch.” Jenn muttered, shaking her head at me with a wide smile. I just grinned. “He must really love you.” She mused. I nodded my head softly, pulling my key out of my purse.

“As great as this night has been, I’m knackered. Night, all.” I unlocked the door as the three of them chorused ‘good night’s behind me. After locking the door, I ventured into the bathroom to clean off my hand and wrap it with some of the white gauze I found under the sink. After getting that all cleaned up, I made my way toward the bedroom and dropped all of my stuff on the floor before I flung myself onto the bed. Pulling the covers over me, I placed my phone on the bedside table and passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SORRY AGAIN. I am a horrible person. I can't believe I haven't updated this in two months. :( I apologize for being such a horrible updater. :(
I hope you guys like this one, I have had such writers block. I know that's no excuse....
xo