Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Kaffeine and a Fan

“Good morning,” I smiled softly as I took a seat across from Dr. Jones, holding a fresh mug of coffee in my hands. She called me an hour earlier to see if I wanted to grab coffee at Kaffeine, my favorite coffee shop in London, and considering I had nothing else planned, I agreed. This is probably the first time we’ve seen or spoken to each other since she came over to Danny’s flat a month or so ago. Feeling slightly nervous, I put my purse on the chair beside me and slipped off my coat.

“Good morning, Lindsey. How are you?” She asked, taking a large sip of her drink. She was wearing a pair of jeans, a buttoned up coat, and a furry hat on her head. She looked nothing like herself when I’d met her for our therapy sessions. After tossing my jacked on the back of the chair holding my purse, I secured my hands around my mug and smiled.

“I’m doing really well. Not liking this cold but I’m doing well.” I smiled brightly and she grinned.

“Good, I’m glad.” She mused, taking another sip of her coffee. “Dan told me that you visited him a few weeks ago?” She stated, corking an eyebrow. Clearing my throat, I smiled sheepishly.

“Yes, I went down with my cousin and our other two friends to sort of…surprise them?” I spoke awkwardly. She raised her eyebrow even higher. “I’m sure Danny told you what had happened, then.” I sighed. She leaned over, placing a hand over mine that was flat on the table. Looking up at her, she sent me a soft smile.

“Lindsey, all he told me was that you two got into a little tiff and its over with now.” I nodded quickly, sending her another smile. “Good, I’m glad. Do you and the girls have anything planned for Halloween? It’s only a few days away.” She was smiling kindly and I felt a weight lift from my shoulders.

“We are actually going costume shopping later. I guess Gio usually throws a little get-together on Halloween night. Costumes required.” I took a sip of my coffee and I felt the atmosphere around us lighten. It was definitely awkward at first considering she used to be my therapist and now she’s my boyfriend’s mother, but I definitely feel like we can be friends. It might be weird at first but we can definitely get past it.

“Do you know what you’re going as?” She leaned forward and I smiled since she seemed genuinely interested. Twiddling with my fingers, I leaned back in my seat and sighed with a happy smile.

“Well Gio was talking to Tom the other night and asked him what they were doing to celebrate since they’re still on tour for another week, and Tom said they were going to a party and they were planning on dressing up as their favorite superheroes.” I giggled, causing her to laugh with me. “I know, they’re original. Well, then Emily came up with the idea that all of us should dress up as the female versions of them.” I grinned, proud of the idea. Kathy; I feel like I keep having to remind myself to call her that; smiled as well.

“Well that’s a brilliant idea.” She nodded, taking another sip of her coffee. “I assume you already know what they’re going as?” She pried, and I nodded.

“Tom told us, so I’ll be going as Batwoman, Jenn will be Superwoman, Emily will be Spiderwoman, and Gio will be Ironwoman.” I concluded, nodding my head in confirmation. Kathy sat back, tapping her chin as she thought about it.

“Do they know?”

“Nope, they think we are just going as witches.” I pulled out my phone and pulled up one of my apps; the app where I chose our costumes. After showing her each of our outfits, Kathy smiled softly.

“They’ll love it. Are you planning on telling them?” She leaned forward as she flipped through the images and I smiled when she caught my eye.

“I wanted to send Danny a picture later in the night of all of us so he could show the others. We wanted it to be a surprise until then.” She handed me back my phone and I tossed it back in my bag, wrapping my hands around my mug once more.

“That’s a great idea.” She hummed. “So I talked to Dan a few nights ago and I’m assuming he hasn’t asked you yet?” I shook my head slowly; confused. “I might as well ask you, then, since he hasn’t. I asked him if you two wanted to visit Bolton for a weekend in a few weeks. Danny’s been talking about coming down for one of my homemade dinners and I figured you two could come down to visit and you could meet Danny’s step-father Robin and his sister Vicky. They’ve been dying to meet you.” She asked, rather bluntly, and I felt my face drain from all of its color. Meet Danny’s family? Its bad enough I know his mother because she used to be my therapist, but now he wants me to meet the rest of his family? I brought my coffee up to my lips to distract myself for a few moments to think. “He seemed pretty excited and he just wanted to check with you first, but I figured that since I’ve got you sitting here, I could ask you myself.” She smiled, and I felt my leg begin to shake in nerves.

“That would be lovely.” I breathed, nodding encouragingly. Danny talks very highly of his sister and I felt my heart beat a little harder. They’re like best friends, and the thought of her not liking me made my stomach turn.

“Don’t feel pressured, love. I know it might be a scary thought. Just talk to Dan about it, yeah? I would love to have you visit.” She smiled. After downing the rest of her coffee, she pulled her purse off of the chair beside her and slipped it over her shoulder. “I have to get going, but please, Lindsey, just think about it. Alright? I’ll talk to you later?” She stood up and offered me hug. Something I noticed that her and Danny did a lot. Leaning over, I hugged her back and smiled genuinely.

“I will, definitely. See you soon!” I waved goodbye as she turned and left the coffee shop. Letting out an unsteady breath of air, I took a final sip of my coffee and pulled out my iPhone. Clicking on Danny’s name, I held the phone up to my ear as it rang.

“’ello, love!” He exclaimed, causing me to smile happily.

“Hi.” I grinned. Standing from my seat, I pulled on my jacket and tossed my purse over my shoulder before I shrugged through the door and headed out onto the sidewalk. “I just had a coffee date with your mum.” I stated, hiking my purse up my shoulder. Danny chuckled through the line.

“Wicked. How was it?” He asked, seeming genuinely interested. I could hear music behind him and Dougie’s singing voice. Instantly I realized they were at rehearsal.

“Sorry, did I interrupt something?” I quickly asked, smacking my hand onto my forehead. Danny laughed once more through the phone.

“You’re fine, L. We are just at rehearsal. Doug’s making sure his bass is tuned right so he’s just playing a random song with Harry. I’ve got a few minutes. So go on, how was coffee with my mum?” He asked. I dodged a couple on the sidewalk and moved over to the side, hoping I wasn’t in anyone else’s way.

“It was great. We met at Kaffeine and chatted a bit but now I’m headed to the shops to meet Jenn, Gio, and Emily. We’re shopping for Halloween.” I smiled, dodging people left and right. “Which reminds me; back there about your mum.” I teased, smiling softly. Danny cut me off.

“What? What did she say!?” He rushed, and I stopped dead in my tracks. Some man bumped into my because I stopped so suddenly and I rushed out an apology as he grumbled and walked around me. Still confused by Danny’s abrupt question, I stepped as far to the side of the sidewalk as I could get that I wouldn’t be in anyone’s way.

“Uh, she asked me when we planned on visiting your family in Bolton?” I stated that sentence in a questioning form and Danny let out a sigh of relief. Still confused, I furrowed my eyebrows. “What did you think she said?” I questioned, finally continuing on my way. Danny stuttered, a nervous chuckle falling through his lips.

“Nothing! I just knew she would ask you before I got the chance. I was meaning to ask you later, actually, on Skype so I could see your reaction.” He brushed off my question and I shook my head softly. “What do you say? Want to head to Bolton with me in a few weeks and meet my family?” He asked genuinely, and I felt a smile form on my lips.

“I would love to, honestly, I’m just really nervous.” I admitted, feeling my cheeks inflame. Ever since our fight a few weeks ago, I’ve finally been able to tell him the truth about my nerves. Letting him in is definitely helping my anxiety considering he’s so far away.

“You shouldn’t be! You’ve met my mum already and my stepdad and sister are just the same. My sister is going to love you. She keeps asking about you and I finally decided I’ve had you to myself long enough.” I could tell he was grinning through the phone and I laughed softly. My face heated up once more and I sighed happily.

“Alright. Just tell me when, then.” I agreed, and Danny replied happily. Just as I was about to round the corner of the costume shop, I felt a hand grab the bottom of my jacket. Jumping slightly, I quickly turned around to see a little girl standing behind me. “Hold on, Dan.” I pulled the phone away from my ear and smiled softly at the little girl. She looked to be about 12 or 13. “Hi.” I spoke, crouching down in front of her. She looked really shy and her smile was so nervous I could tell she was having a hard time talking.

“Are you- are you Lindsey Greene?” She whispered, rocking back and forth on her feet.

“I am.” I smiled, nodding for her to continue.

“Can I have a picture with you?” She squealed, knotting her hands together hopefully. “Danny’s my favorite.” She confessed and I felt my heart swell in my chest.

“With me?” I questioned, causing her to nod her head enthusiastically. Blushing, I smiled softly. “Sure!” She held out a camera so that it was aimed at the both of us and I smiled beside her, causing her face to enflame a bright red. Giggling, she turned to me and thanked me a million times.

“My names Amelia.” She breathed, smiling shyly. “I think you and Danny make a perfect couple! Thank you again!” She blushed and just as she was about to turn away, I thought of something.

“Amelia?” I questioned, causing her to turn back to me. “You said Danny is your favorite?” I asked, crouching back in front of her again. Blushing, she nodded once more. Holding my finger up, I help my phone back up to my ear and I smiled. “Dan?”

“Yeah, love?” He chuckled, and I smiled brightly. Looking over at the little girl, I felt like her whole body was shaking.

“I have a beautiful little fan here that would love to say ‘hi’.” I smiled, and I could feel the smile Danny was wearing through the phone.

“Well then put her on, then.” He chuckled and I grinned, holding the phone out to the little girl.

“It’s for you, Amelia.” She stared at the phone in shock and I just giggled, holding it out until it was placed in her hand. With shaking limbs, she put the phone up to her right ear and whispered a soft ‘hello?’ into the phone. Her eyes grew about three times the normal size as Danny spoke to her through the phone.

“My name’s Amelia.” She squealed, and I felt like I just made this girls day. “I can’t believe you’re Danny Jones. I can’t believe I’m talking to Danny Jones.” She gushed, looking at me with the biggest smile I have ever seen on such a small face. He must have asked her what her favorite song is because her face grew bright red and she uttered out a few soft words. “I love the song All About You.” And right after that, I felt like she was going to fall to the ground because I’m sure he was putting on a little show. She looked at me with her wide eyes and I just smiled with a small shake of my head. After about three or four more minutes, she handed me my phone back with shaking hands and thanked me about a million more times before she turned and ran off into one of the shops; probably in search of someone to tell that she just spoke to the real, live Danny Jones. Grinning, I pulled the phone back up to my ear and I could hear Danny chuckling through the phone.

“That was really nice of you, love.” He spoke softly and I just sighed with a happy smile.

“Your fans love you.” I finally found myself in front of the costume shop and I waved at Jenn, who was standing right out front.

“Well I love you, L.” He breathed and I smiled shyly. “I have to get going, but I’ll give you a call later, alright? I love you;6 more days.”

“I love you, too, Danny; 6 more days.” I hung up and I felt my smile grow as Jenn rolled her eyes at me.

“Come on, put your lovesick smile away and let’s meet Gio and Emily at the costume racks.” She giggled and I just stuck my tongue out at her.

“Whatever, let’s do this!”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) I didn't take as long this time!!
Tell me what you think!!
xx