Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Batman

“I’ll go grab us more drinks.” Jenn exclaimed, disappearing into Gio’s kitchen. Its Halloween night and the party’s in full swing. A good amount of people actually showed up and it’s not even close to midnight. Everyone was decked out in crazy costumes and, luckily, no one was dressed up like us. It took us a little while to find the right costumes and it took us even longer today to get ready. I’ve already gotten millions of compliments on my Batwoman dress and mask and I felt my face heat just thinking about it. Looking behind me, I watched Jenn immerge from the crowded kitchen into the crowded hall where I was waiting for her. Holding two glasses, she handed me one before taking a large sip of hers. Her Superwoman dress was a few inches longer than mine and she still seemed to pull it down.

“Are you alright?” I shouted over the music, leaning over so that I could hear her speak. She was quiet all night and I could tell something was wrong. She looked around us, her eyes falling on the crowded living room before us. The music was blasting and everyone was dancing on the makeshift dance floor. Gio was decked out in her one-piece Ironwoman costume and she was leaning on the wall talking to Emily, who was dressed to impress in her Spiderwoman outfit; I can’t really call it a dress considering how much material it was lacking. But still, she looked flawless. “What’s the matter?” I asked, leaning over a little more so that she could talk in my ear. Biting her lip, she looked around us once more before she grabbed my hand and pulled me along behind her. We walked through the kitchen and out the back door that led to the stairs to the studio upstairs. As soon as the door closed behind us, the small area grew immediately quiet and Jenn took a long, unsteady breath as she took a seat on the stairs. Thankfully, these were soundproof walls.

“I just need to get away from the noise for a second.” She finally spoke, placing her cup on the step in front of her. Adjusting my dress, I took a seat beside her. I could see through the door to Gio’s flat that the party didn’t seem the slightest different since we immerged a second ago. Looking back over at Jenn, I watched as her face fell, her eyes focusing on her knotted fingers.

“What’s the matter?” I asked once more, pulling my mask off of my face. After massaging the skin it was irritating, I gave her a pointed look. “Tell me.”

“It’s nothing.” She sighed, causing me to raise my eyebrows.

“Don’t lie to me.” I muttered, bumping her elbow with mine. “I could tell something was wrong earlier when we were getting ready; I just didn’t want to ruin your night before it started. But now I need to know. What’s wrong, Jenn?” She shook her head with a loud sigh. “Is it Harry? Is something going on between you and Harry?” I asked, and she looked up at me quickly.

“Why? Did Danny say something about me and Harry?” She rushed out, and I just furrowed my eyebrows with a shake of my head. “So he doesn’t seem off? Danny didn’t tell you that he was acting strange or anything?” Her eyes were pleading and I felt my heart pound hard in my chest.

“No. Nothing. But you’re acting strange.” I mused. Taking a sip of her drink, Jenn rolled her glass between her fingers.

“I just miss him, is all.” She breathed out, her voice a sudden whisper. “We’ve been talking every day but it’s just not the same. I mean, Gio and Emily said it would be quick and painless but it seems to be going by so… soslow.” This is probably the first time I’ve actually seen her upset. Placing a hand on her knee, I tried to look her in the eye but she was completely avoiding eye contact. “I think I’ve decided that…I love him.” Her voice finally dropped from a whisper but now it sounded so small. “We never really talked about love and with him being so far away, and with everything that’s happening between you and Danny…it’s made me realize that I love Harry, too. I feel the exact same was as you do with Danny. And…it’s scary. It’s so bloody scary because I’ve never loved someone before. I don’t even know if that’s what this is. All I know is that I miss him so much it hurts.” Her words were rushed but I understood completely. Nodding furiously, Jenn finally looked over at me and she frowned. “I don’t want to tell him over the phone or through Skype. I want to tell him face to face so I can see his reaction. I want to make sure that he feels the same way; I want to see it through his eyes. I just don’t want to wait anymore.”

“Hey, they will be home in 3 days.” I reasoned, and Jenn just nodded her head, looking back down at her hands. “I know exactly how you feel, Jenn. I know you want to just get it off of your chest and shout it to the world but you do need to wait. Just wait three more days; Harry will be back home, he will be able to react, and you’ll be able to hear those same three words back. And it’s the best feeling in the world.” I smiled, causing her to smile as well. Taking another deep breath, Jenn looked up at me and sent me a genuine smile.

“Thank you. I feel better letting it all off of my chest.” She beamed. Giving me a one armed hug, she sighed.

“I’m here for you.” I told her, sending her another smile. Nodding, she leaned back and picked up her glass. “Wait, before we head back… I have a question.” I spoke softly, silently cursing myself. “Have you talked to your mum lately? Has she asked about…me?” I requested, biting my lip. Sitting back down, Jenn leaned back.

“I haven’t really been home, but a few days ago when I stopped home for more clothes, she told me that she wanted to go to…lunch.” She paused, gauging my reaction. “With me. And you.” Another pause. “Together.” Apparently I was holding my breath because after she uttered those words, it slipped right through my lips. Nodding softly, I agreed.

“Okay.” I stammered, nodding once more. “Alright. Just tell me when.” I spoke, standing up. Holding my hand out, I helped her to her feet.

“Okay?” She inquired. “Okay. Lets head back in before anyone notices we left.” Pulling the door open, we wondered back into the party. The second we opened the door, the mute stairway engulfed in immediate noise and I winced, trying to get used to the music again. We made out way into the living room in search for Gio and Emily when I felt someone tug me from behind. Assuming it was either of them, I turned and lost complete sight of Jenn. I came face to face with some guy dressed up as a shirtless firefighter and I felt my cheeks enflame as I giggled at the cliché costume.

“Nice costume.” He spoke up, leaning over to shout so that I could hear him. Nodding, I complimented him back. “Have you seen my hoes?” He shouted, and I felt my face turn bright red as I tried to hold in my booming laugh. That is literally the worst pick up line I had ever heard. Laughing, I shook my head.

“Sorry, no. And you won’t be finding one here, either.” Waving goodbye, I turned around and went in search for my best friends once more. Shaking my head at the ridiculous bloke I just turned down, I stepped around a ground of Powerpuff Girls and Smurfs. Finally, my eyes caught sight of Emily and she raised her hand above the crowd once she spotted me. Heading towards her, I dodged a couple dressed as a horse and I felt my cheeks jump up in a loud laugh. Finally reaching her, I leaned over to shout in her ear. “People have the weirdest costumes!” I explained, shaking my head as she laughed loudly. “And some firefighter just asked me if I’ve seen his hoes!” I exclaimed, causing her to crack up. Taking a sip of my drink, I leaned over the table and said ‘hi’ to Jenn and Gio. Repeating what I had just said, they all cracked up laughing.

“Was he referring to his ‘hoes’ or was he just calling you a hoe?” Shrugging my shoulders, we shared another laugh before a group of girls dressed as crayons jumped up to us.

“Come dance with us!” She exclaimed to Gio and Jenn, grabbing their hands and pulling them back into the living room.

“Seriously; weird-ass costumes!” Emily exclaimed, and I nodded in agreement. We swayed to the music before Emily was bombarded by a lumberjack and pulled to the dance floor, leaving me by myself with my second drink. Taking a sip of my nearly empty glass, I pulled my phone out of my clutch.

From: Danny
31 October 2011 11:23pm
Should I be jealous that you’re at a party full of masked men?

To: Danny
31 October 2011 11:35pm
Don’t worry; I’ve only got eyes for you, Batman xx

From: Danny
31 October 2011 11:38pm
I like the sound of that xx

To: Danny
31 October 2011 11:39pm
Me too xx


“Come dance!” Jenn exclaimed from the outside of the dancing mob, and so for some reason unknown to me, I put my phone away and met them in the middle of the dance floor.

“My legs are broken.” I moaned, leaning on the counter in the kitchen, Jenn falling into it beside me. Emily and Gio just giggled, returning to the dance floor. Sharing a look with Jenn, we both rolled our eyes. “Another?” I asked her, holding up our empty glasses. Shaking her head, I nodded in agreement. “Me neither.” I groaned, rubbing my head. I felt slightly tipsy but mostly tired from dancing nonstop to about 5 songs.

“I’m going to use the bathroom.” Jenn spoke before she disappeared back through the living room. I leaned back on the counter, pulling out my cell phone again.

From: Danny
31 October 2011 11:51pm
Seen any Batmans yet?

To: Danny
1 November 2011 12:14am
Nope. Not one.

From: Danny
1 November 2011 12:15
Interesting


“What?” I mumbled. I furrowed my eyes at the weird text before I quickly scanned the room. Nobody was walking around in a Batman suit and so I turned back to my phone and wrote back a quick ‘what?’ After pressing send, I looked around the room once more when I felt a presence right behind me. Turning, I jumped as a man in all black stood facing me. Someone dressed as Batman. “Hi?” I asked, speaking in question. His mask was covering everything on his face except his chin and mouth. It looked familiar, but I couldn’t quite place it, especially because the whole apartment was dark and it was really all just shadows. He didn’t say a word and I furrowed my eyebrows even more. He pointed at my costume and I laughed awkwardly. “Yes, we match. Hi.” I spoke, and he just continued to stare at me. “Well I’m going to go-” I turned to leave but he reached out and grabbed my arm, stopping me in my tracks. Turning me around to face him, he placed his hands on my waist and I instantly shrugged out of his hold. “Excuse me,” I spoke loudly, trying to be heard over the voices and music around us. “Get your hands off of me.” I spat, causing him to step closer to me.

“Is that any way to talk to Batman?” He spoke, his familiar voice sending a chill down my spine.

“I don’t know who you think you are-” I stopped short as his voice finally sank in. “Wait- what?” I muttered, stopping dead in my tracks as I felt my pulse quicken. Attentively, I reached up and grasped his mask. “Danny?” I whispered out, pulling his mask clean off of his face. He leaned down so that I could get a clear view of his face and I felt my face break into the biggest grin I could muster. “What are you-” he stopped me mid-sentence as he leaned down and connected our lips for the first time in what felt like months. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. Pushing me tight against him, I felt my eyes shutter shut as I fell into the kiss.

“I missed you.” He breathed out the second we pulled away. Keeping my arms around his neck, I grinned up at him. My smile just wouldn’t fade. The closer we got, the better we actually heard each other. I actually didn’t have to shout for him to hear me.

“I miss you too. But what are you doing here? Why aren’t you still on tour?” I rushed out, leaning back up to peck his lips a few times. He chuckled into my kisses and my heart swooned at the sound.

“Well our last two shows and interviews-” he leaned down to kiss me, “are only 40 minutes way,” another kiss, “so we figured,” and another kiss, “that we would surprise the four of you,” another kiss, “by coming home early.” He leaned back, grinning from ear to ear. “And it was bloody worth it.” He leaned down once more, sealing his sentence with a kiss.

“I’m so happy you’re home.” I whispered, pulling away just to pull him into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him, burying my head into his neck. He hugged me back just as tight, rubbing my waist as he breathed me in.

“Me too, love. Me too.” He spoke softly in my ear.

“Is everyone else here?” I whispered, causing him to nod. I went to look around him into the living room but he kept such a strong hold on me that I could hardly move. With a surprised giggle, I leaned back into him.

“I’m not done yet.” He pouted, causing me to grin. “My Batwoman.” I blushed at the name, shrugging back into him.

“My Batman.” I whispered, pecking his neck. Just having him here made me feel a million times better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lindsey and Danny
Jenn and Harry
Emily and Dougie
Gio and Tom
(The next chapter will be more of the Halloween party so you will see more of them(:)

Twice in two days!? I'm on a roll!!!