Shine for Us

You Belong...

Through the sometimes dark points of my life there has always been a glimmer of happiness that kept me moving; a band called The Matches. Their diverse catalogue of songs can make me sing along, even when I’m in the darkest of moods.

They put all of their energy into each show, making sure to create an electric connection between each and every audience member. The band thrashes about stage, making every song so vibrant and special, until they are drenched in their own sweat. As if that is not enough, they even care so much about their fans that they play acoustic sets after every show. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a band with such love and appreciation for their fans.

Yet, people are so quick to judge this quartet. They don’t know how much work it takes to make such a piece of art. They claim to be “fans”, but what kind of a fan will put down a band that is so willing to take risks? What fan can be so ignorant, so close minded to a new sound?

A band with such adoration for fans should receive equal, if not more adoration in return. Adoration for those that take time to connect with those fans that worked hard to show their support for their favorite band. Adoration for the band that plays an extra set in the freezing cold or blazing heat for those that maybe didn’t get a chance to see the actual set. Adoration for the band that continues to make records for those that truly appreciate what they have to offer.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So keep your head up high, and always know that through the criticism, there are those true fans that love and adore you no matter what direction you go. We love every new song, new sound that comes from you whether it be punk or not. Just know that you always have a place in my heart and a place in every other true fans’ heart….you belong.