Shine for Us

A song can be everything.

It’s imprinted, stamped with a un-washable ink. Perhaps even tattooed?

Can I be reassured it will never fade away?

Can you keep the promises not to disappear?

I fear my fears may become to much of a burden.

Chaos in a vocal chord, let loose and rebuild it all atop song. I see the notes travel up from the tips of my fingers, crawling through my flesh like a parasite until it’s covering every inch warming from the inside out.

My heart pumped blood, but my veins just weren’t having it. My liver screamed out for help more than once, and I made my home at the bottom. I rested my roots there for far to long, letting them grow into frail branches not taking notice nor the time to care when they would snap and fall into the open flesh of my arms. Cutting through sensitive skin and crawling back to where they came, only to fall again and repeat repeat repeat scars be damned.

Tragic girl, you’re not dying. Silly girl, you’re just not living.

Day dreams only existed at night, a constant light blinding, igniting what used to be me. Had a fall out with myself, realized the life was still happening while I was still ‘alive‘.

But then the sun had burned out, no word and no warning. Darkness‘ tide rose, warm and fond. Waiting and forgiving. No longer did I fight the current, I let it swallow me and my lungs had never felt so full nor my breathe so constant.

I taught myself to see in the dark and all it took was four heartbeats.

I no longer need my demons to keep me warm when everything is in a song.