All I Want to Know Is If You're Alive

Chapter 1

Elizabeth had all she wanted in life. She lived in a wonderful home with her mother father, and three sisters. She had a wonderful fiancée that loved her to death. She couldn’t ask for anything more. Well, except for the war that her boyfriend was fighting to end.

Elizabeth picked up the picture of her fiancé, William, from her bureau and looked at it. William was a handsome man, someone that everyone in the small town heard of. He got along with anyone he came across, but caught Elizabeth’s heart the second he first saw her. She spent a lot of time with him, but the day he left to go to Fort Sumter was a very sad day for Elizabeth. The day before, William had finally proposed. But right before he left, he promised Elizabeth the day he came back, they would spend the rest of their life together. Elizabeth held this promise close to her heart, especially when Sumter got attacked. Though William was all right, Elizabeth knew he would come back.

Just then, Elizabeth heard a knock at her bedroom door. She placed the picture back down and got up to answer the door. Her mother invited herself in and sat in the seat in which Elizabeth was previously sitting. Elizabeth closed the door and sat in another seat near her bureau. Her mother did not say anything for several minutes. All she did was stare at the picture and various objects sitting on the bureau. Finally, after wondering why her mother was in her room, she asked her.

“Is there something you want mother?” She asked. Her mother stared up at her and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like I said, the chapters are short.