All I Want to Know Is If You're Alive

Chapter 5

After what seemed like an eternity, Elizabeth barely felt anyone running on her. There was the occasional person, but that was it. She tried to get up, but found it hard. She just laid on the ground, watching people go by.

Most of them were dressed in Blue Military uniforms, holding rifles or another wounded soldier. None of them seemed to notice her, except for one. He put his rifle down beside her and looked at Elizabeth. Almost instantly, Elizabeth’s spirits were lifted somewhat.

“Elizabeth. Is it you?” The soldier asked. Elizabeth felt as if she knew who it was, but wasn’t sure if it was true.

“William? Is it really?” She turned to face the soldier kneeling near her. There, was the man in the picture on her bureau; the one that she feared would die.

“Are you okay?” William asked. Elizabeth nodded, hoping that he wouldn’t ask her about why she was on the ground. All she knew was that William was alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srry 4 the lack of updates. i got really busy, then got grounded from the internet.

but no worries. i'm ending this story with the last chapter. srry if the ending is lame.