A Train To Anywhere

003.

No one knew how to react to Liam disappearing. Harry was nervous, constantly fidgeting or playing with loose threads, Niall had stopped eating, Zayn hadn't lifted a single cigarette to his mouth and Louis was completely silent, not once cracking a joke or trying to make the rest of the boys smile at least a little.

Harry sighed, kneeling down and looking at the note once more. I need time. I need time. I need time. The words were racing through his mind and for the life of him, Harry couldn't drop the note from his shaking fingers.

“Maybe he just went home.” Niall chimed. Though he knew it wasn't true –they had already called Liam's mum and sisters-- he wanted nothing more to believe it. He didn't want to believe that Liam, his best friend, had left him. No goodbyes, no 'see ya later'. Just a stupid piece of paper with three stupid words.

Zayn stood up from the couch, kicking a chair and throwing a punch into a wall. The loud clash didn't really surprise the boys; Zayn had been punching things all day. “We should have noticed,” Zayn began, sucking in a deep breath. “we should have-- There was obviously something wrong. Liam wouldn't just leave for no god damn reason.”

And then, everything was quiet again, Zayn falling back down onto the couch. Without Liam, the boys knew they would fall apart, sooner rather than later. Liam was the thread, the boys were the cloth. He made them usable and whole; one tug too many and the thread would break, bits and pieces of it falling to the ground. Liam was thread; he had broken. The boys were cloth; useless in pieces.

Louis sighed, running his hands over his face and looking around at the other boys. They were all a mess; hair pointing in every which way, untouched plates of food, pajamas still occupying each of their bodies. “I'm going bloody mad just sitting here.” He spoke up, the first words that had left his mouth in over 24 hours. “We've got to at least go out and look for him, check his flat for any ideas as to where he would go.”

“I bet Liam didn't even know he was going to do this in the first place.” Harry stood up, dropping the wrinkled note onto a table. “You all know how Liam is, when he's upset, he doesn't really think. He just does and possibly, if it's bad enough, he'll regret it later.” They all knew he was right. A few days and Liam would be back, pretending as if it never happened.

[img]
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af32/understandreams/ist2_4131575-decorative-dividers-4-6.jpg[/img]


Liam moaned softly, shoveling another mouthful of stew into his mouth. He knew he probably looked like a slob but he was starved and the stew was fantastic.

“Your mum made this?” Liam asked, wiping his mouth on a napkin and looking up at Astin, who was simply spinning her spoon in her own stew. She nodded, smiling at the boy before lifting a bite to her mouth. “She could be a professional.” He laughed.

“She was actually.” Astin replied. Liam raised his eyebrows, taking another bite and urging her to go on. “Before my dad died, we lived in London. My mum, she owned her own restaurant. All the celebrities went to it, in fact, I even think the queen made an appearance one night.”

“Really? The queen was at your mothers restaurant?” Liam gaped, reaching over and taking a sip of his water. “That's bloody brilliant.”

“Yeah, it was. I was young, eight maybe nine, so it's all a bit blurry but every now and then, I ask my mum to tell me the story. She loves it as much as I do.” Astin began to wander off, casually staring off into space and chewing on her bottom lip.

“Your dad, how did he die?”

“Cancer.” Astin whispered, tucking her hair behind her ear and standing up. She grabbed her bowl of stew, looking down at it before offering it to Liam. “You seem hungry enough to eat another bowl.” Liam chuckled, happily taking the bowl and swallowing it down almost as quickly as the first one. “Want to go for a walk?” She asked.

Liam nodded, helping her gather the dishes and taking them into the kitchen. He was already dressed for the cold and he followed behind the girl, smiling as she danced around in the snow. Liam couldn't tear his eyes away from her, even if he wanted to. She was an angel and he didn't want to miss even a second of her radiating beauty.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not much but I had a rather busy day and I just wanted to get something up before I go to bed. Hopefully, i'll be able to get another up tomorrow some time.