A Train To Anywhere

008.

You’re cheating.” Astin whispered, peaking her head over the playing cards and glancing over at Liam. In reply, Liam lifted his eyebrows and smirked at her, throwing down a ‘Jack’ and quickly slapping it. “See, cheater.” Astin tossed down her last three cards and leaned back against Liam’s pillows.

Bringing her hand up to her face, she pinched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes. Everything was spinning, her head was pounding and this morning, when she woke, she had thrown up everything in her stomach, which wasn’t much.

“Are you feeling alright?” Liam asked, placing the cards onto the bedside table and scooting over next to her. “You look ill.” Astin shook her head, cuddling into his chest and letting out a slight cough. “Maybe you should get some rest.”

“I’ll be fine. I want to stay here.” Astin smiled and looked up at him, pressing a soft kiss to his jaw. "With you.” Liam couldn’t help but smile down at the beautiful girl in his arms and not hesitating to kiss her chapped lips softly. His hand slid up to her cheek, cupping it gently and pulling her further into the kiss.

“You’re perfect.” Liam grinned. Just as Astin was about to go in for another kiss, her hand shot up to her mouth, a sharp cough ripping through her. “Astin, go home before you get even worse.” Liam stood from the bed, pulling her up with him. “Now.” Astin nodded and wrapped Liam in a hug, gripping the back of his shirt tightly.

“Walk me home?” She smiled, linking his hand in hers. Walking down the stairs, Astin could feel her legs beneath begin to quiver. For as long as she could, she held herself up but before she could stop herself, she fell to her knees, cradling her head in her hands.

Image


Liam sat upon the hospital chair, nibbling at the hang nail that had gone unnoticed up until now. On the opposite side of the room, hushed words were being exchanged between Astin and the doctor. Something was wrong and Liam could tell by the look on Astin's face that it was good.

“Thanks, Doc, for everything you've done.” Astin wrapped the doctor in a hug before smiling and walking over to Liam. “You ready to go?”She forced a fake grin onto her face and held out her hand.

“Are you, um, alright?” He asked, standing from the seat and taking her hand. She brushed off the question as they began walking out of the hospital. “Astin?”

“I'm fine, Liam.” She said, unclasping their hands and snaking her arm to around his waist. Liam knew she was lying, in fact, he was pretty sure the people walking behind them knew she was lying. Astin just wasn't very good at not telling the truth.

“Astin, please.” Liam whispered, dipping down to kiss her cheek softly.

“What do you want to hear, Liam?” She suddenly snapped, pushing away from him and shaking with anger. “That I have cancer? That I have less than two months left to live? That everything I’ve ever wanted to do is never going to happen now because I’m fucked up?”

It was like the world went silent, other than the occasional sniffle from the sobbing girl. Liam's mouth was open as she screamed, suddenly becoming overly angry at Liam and punching his chest.

“It's not fair. It's not fair.” She cried, her arm beginning to weaken as she fell into his chest. “I wanted so much and now it's never gonna happen. Before I can even start everything I wanted to do, I’ll be dead.”

Liam wrapped his arms tightly around, feeling her calming breath against his neck. Trying to hold back his own tears, Liam closed his eyes and decided right then and there, everything she wanted to do, he was going to help her do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, okay, you all know that harrystylesfancfiction website? Well apparently someone has copied this story and posted it as their own on there. They used everything of mine, except instead of Liam as the main character, it's Zayn and honestly, that just really upset me. I sent them a message but they never replied and just, I don't know what to do.

Sorry for that mini rant!

But I hope you enjoy and terribly sorry for the wait.

P.s To all my fellow americans, Happy Thanksgiving!! :)