Status: Posted originally on my tumblr...

Blue Eyes Don't Lie

Chapter 11; Matt's POV

I didn’t know how she was dealing with it all. She’s so… different to Josh’s last girlfriend. Where she was all wrong and fake, Liz was real… and better for him. She was different in many more ways. She had been hurt before and Josh knew how that felt. I think they balanced each other out.
Today with the whole pregnancy scare thing, I don’t think they took it well. I mean… who would? She’s 18; I don’t think she’s ready to be a mother. She found it difficult to actually talk to Josh about how she felt with it all, and I think that Josh over reacted a bit. She needs someone to support her through it all. I get that Josh would be scared about his girlfriend being pregnant and that, but I didn’t understand why he freaked out about it.
When she’d gone back to bed, Max and I stayed up for a bit longer, just thinking about what she’d said.
“Do you think that he’s good for her?” Max asked, all serious.
“Yea, I just think that she’s still hurting from Sam, I mean… we never talked about it, and I don’t think that they have either. Well I know they did talk, just not properly. I think that they’ll get through this. They have to.”
“And if they don’t?”
“They’re both gonna hurt a lot more than they are now.”
We sat there in silence, the only noise coming from the game, and the snoring from the bunks. I heard Liz turning over and sighing. I knew she wasn’t sleeping. She often found it difficult to sleep when she was upset or agitated. She’d told me that ages ago. At the moment, I think I was her best friend. She knew she could trust me with anything, and that I’d always be there for her.

--

When I woke up the next morning, Liz was leaning over me in the bunk.
“Wakey wakey sleepy head,” she laughed, all traces of sadness erased from her features.
“Morning,” I said. “How are you?”
“I’m… dealing. You?”
“Fine. Did you get any sleep last night?” She shook her head. “Jesus. I don’t know how you do it.”
“Neither do I if I’m honest.” She shrugged and went back to the TV.
I think I love her too.
Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's so short. Thanks to all of you who comment/subscribe!
<3