Status: Posted originally on my tumblr...

Blue Eyes Don't Lie

Chapter 20;

Josh was still a little off with me. Given that I hadn’t actually done anything, I thought he was being a little harsh. We were both acting different; afraid that with one spark of argument it was all gonna explode. I didn’t want anything to happen. I couldn’t see anything happening with Matt though. He was with Holly and I was with Josh.
Shit.
Had anything happened that night that we woke up together on the floor? I didn’t even know anymore. Everything started spinning. I could see Josh looking at me all concerned and coming towards me, and his face disappearing from my view as blackness came and took hold.

--

I woke up alone in mine and Josh’s bunk. It was half 10. They’d be playing. I was supposed to be photographing the gig. I had been out for 6 hours. I tested my head before I got up. No spinning, no nausea. Nothing. I got out of the bunk and checked the bus to see if anyone was there. No-one. I was alone. I made my way to the venue, and let myself in the back. I could hear the Scottish accents of Twin Atlantic. I hadn’t really seen much of the support acts. I guess I was too busy with the guys. I didn’t really want to go in there without them. I’d spoken with them once or twice, but not enough to be brave and go in on my own. I could hear Bite My Tongue playing, so I made my way down the corridors and toward the stage.
At side stage, I could see everyone, and Dan had seen me. He half nodded, half smiled at me but focused on his drumming. Good. I didn’t want to distract him as well. I tried to stay hidden, but eventually they all saw me. I didn’t want Josh to get all nervous because I’d woken up and all. He carried on the set, and launched himself at me when he came off.
“I was worried about you,” he murmured into my ear. “What happened?”
“Eh, I don’t know? I passed out, don’t know why though.”
“Me either. Are you okay though?”
“Yea, I’m fine. I was out for a while though.”
“About 6 hours I had to sit and be worried about you.”
“I’m sorry,” I mumbled against his mouth. “I’ll try not to do that again.”
“No, you won’t do that again,” he murmured back. “Ever. Understand?”
I nodded and kissed him.
“I love you,”
“I love you too.”
“I’m serious Josh. No-one else but you.”
“Good, cause there’s no-one else but you for me either.”
“What about me?” I heard Dan ask from behind me.
“Sorry babe, he’s mine now.” I joked.
“Damn, am I gonna have to fight you for him?”
“Maybe. Will you get someone to hold your earrings? Cause I got Josh to hold mine.” I winked.
“Touché.”
“Don’t be jealous Daniel. I’ll always love you,” Josh said, hand over his heart.
“Forever babe,” and he walked off.
We walked back to the bus together, where he forced me to sit down, and treated me like a 5 year old. It was like the surgery all over again.
“Josh, I’m fine! I only passed out!”
“Yea, for 6 hours. That doesn’t happen to everyone.”
“I stayed asleep after, I didn’t stay passed out. It’s happened a couple of times before.”
“Still, I think you should take it easy, you did hit your head.”
“I did? Huh. I don’t feel a thing.”
I touched my head trying to find a place where it hurt, and I couldn’t.
“Are you sure I hit my head?”
“Yea, I tried to catch you, but I wasn’t quick enough.”
“Oh, so what are we doing tonight, boss?” I joked.
“Well none of us are going out tonight, so I’m all yours,” he smiled. “So we could do anything we wanted.”
Eventually we decided on watching a film on his laptop, so we sat in the bunk together, but didn’t really pay attention to it. He was stroking my hair and I was leaning against his chest.
“I love you,” he murmured, kissing the top of my head.
“I love you, too,” I replied, looking up at him.
I kissed him, and we didn’t stop. I pulled off his shirt, and he pulled off mine. We started on each other’s trousers, but heard people moving around.
“We can’t…” I murmured.
“I know,” he sighed.
We lay there for a bit, not really knowing what to do. I turned over onto my side, and he did the same, so we were looking at each other dead on.
“You’re really beautiful.” He told me.
“No. But you’re really cute.”
“Cute?” He looked offended. “More like stunningly sexy.”
“Fine, you’re stunningly sexy, sometimes it hurts me just to look at you.”
“Was that sarcastic?”
“No! Never!” I said, sarcasm dripping from every syllable.
“Ouch,” he joked. “So you don’t think I’m sexy?”
“Of course I do!”
“Hmm. Now sleep.” He kissed the top of my head.
I sighed, and moved over so my head was on his chest, and soon I was out again.

--

I didn’t sleep great that night. They had to keep waking me up every 2 hours to make sure I didn’t have a concussion. I didn’t. I just think that they were over-reacting. I was fine. I’d had worse injuries.
I felt like I had a massive hangover, but I hadn’t been drinking. I was sat on Josh’s lap on the couch, watching the rest of them play Fifa. I’d never played it, because I knew I’d suck. I was playing with his hair and neck while I was sat there. I felt so comfortable. I kissed Josh’s neck, and he turned to look at me. I kissed his cheeks, and then his mouth.
“I love you,” he whispered in my ear.
“I love you too,” I mumbled back.
“So Liz,” Max cleared his throat. “How’s your head?”
“Fine, I think you’re just over reacting a bit. I only passed out.”
“For 6 hours, and you hit your head on concrete.”
“So? I hit it on a bin when I was a kid and passed out,” they all laughed. “I’m serious though. I’m fine.”
“I think…” Josh paused. “I think you should have a go at Fifa.”
I laughed. “No.”
“Why not?”
“Cause I’ll suck.”
“I’ll help you,” he kissed my cheek.
“Fine. What am I doing?”
“Well first, you need a controller.”
I sat there on Josh’s lap, and let him do most of the work. It was far too confusing for me. I’d never understood video games. I mean, sure I’d played them, but nothing to this level.
After about an hour of playing I got bored.
“Eurgh, I’m done.”
“Already?”
“Josh, it’s been an hour, and I’m no better than when I started.”
“Fine, give me the controller then.” And like that he was in the game. I went to our bunk, and got out my ukulele. I didn’t tell the guys I’d bought it with me. Hell, I didn’t know I was gonna end up playing it.
I sat with my back to the closed curtain, and I played Kiss And Tell. I don’t think they knew what was happening, because it went quiet, and even the game stopped. I felt self conscious, so I stopped playing and singing. I heard footsteps coming up to the bed. I could hear my heart beating quicker.
“What are you doing?” I could tell Josh was stood behind the curtain. I opened it.
“Playing.”
“Yes, I can hear that. But what are you doing?”
“Playing.”
“Liz. What are you playing?”
“Kiss And Tell.”
“By who?”
“Um… you?”
“How long have you been playing that?”
“Well… I was playing for about 30 seconds before you came over.”
“I mean how long have you known how to play that?”
“About 2 years?”
“Why have you never played before?”
“I didn’t feel it was necessary.”
“Liz, you… you can play one of our songs and –“
“Actually, I can play a couple.”
He looked surprised. “What other ones?”
“Take off your colors, Always Attract, Liquid Confidence.”
“None off the new album?”
“Eh, I’ve tried, but I can’t get the strum or the chords right.”
“Oh.”
“Surprised?”
“Little bit.”
“Oh. I told you before I played.”
“You’re just…”
“Weird?”
“No, different. And I like it.”
“Good. I’m not changing for anyone.”
“Don’t. Cause I love you like this.”
“And I love you too.”
“Play for me.”
“What?” I said bewildered.
“Play. For. Me.”
“Erm,”
“Please?”
“Do I have to?”
“Yes.” I heard agreement from the couch.
“Ah, fuck you all.”
I played Always Attract. It was one of my favorites to play.
“Sing with me?” I asked Josh.
I started the first bar off, and he joined in. I swear you could hear my heart beating over it all. I was so nervous. I mean, playing their own song back to them? Wouldn’t that strike fear into many people? What if I messed up?
Thankfully I didn’t mess up, and my singing wasn’t… awful. I really hated it.
“Beautiful.” Josh said when we finished.
“Eurgh, no! I sounded terrible. You were good though.”
“Years of practice.”
“I suck.”
“Me?”
“Oi. Behave,” I said as I kissed him.
“Never,” he whispered cheekily, too low for the others to hear.
My eye caught Matt’s for a second, and he shook his head at me. I flicked my eyes back to Josh’s, Christ they were blue.
I sighed, and sat back on the bed.
“What’s up?”
“I want you,” I whispered. “But we can’t.”
“I know,” he sighed as well. “Later?”
I nodded.
“It’s a plan,” I kissed him.

--

After the show that night, Josh and I escaped from everyone and went back to the bus. There was so much sexual tension between us; you could cut it with a knife. It had been too long for both of us. We locked the door so we wouldn’t be disturbed or have to worry about someone walking in. He put his mouth on mine, and it felt like a firework was going off inside me.
“God, I’ve missed this,” I whispered, breathless.
“So have I,” he replied just as breathless.
I pulled off his shirt, and he returned the favor, and I worked on his trousers, pulling them apart and sliding them down. I could see he was really turned on. He slid my trousers down my legs, and we were both left in our underwear. I pulled down his boxers, and worked on his shaft, moving my hand up and down. I don’t think he could get any harder. While I was doing this, he took off my bra and tossed it to the side. I was just left in my panties, so I kissed up his body till I reached his mouth. He pulled down my panties, and I wrapped my legs around his hips, allowing him to enter me. I gasped. Fuck, I’d missed sex. He walked over to our bunk while he was still inside me, and every step made me move up and down slightly. When we got to our bed, he put me down and lay on top of me, managing to do this while never leaving my body. With every thrust he went deeper inside me. I gripped the sheets because it felt so good, and then I ran my fingernails down his back, scratching him.
“J-Josh…”
“Mmm?” He hummed.
“I-I’m c-close,” I stuttered.
My orgasm hit me like a bus, taking my higher and he twitched inside me three times. He thrusted to make sure he was done, and then he collapsed on top of me.
“I love you,” he said, out of breath.
“I love you too,” I whispered, still coming off my high.
“Nice to hear,” that didn’t come out of mine or Josh’s mouth. It was a voice I never expected to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3