Status: Posted originally on my tumblr...

Blue Eyes Don't Lie

Chapter 5.

A couple of weeks had passed, and we were as happy as we were on our first days. Sam had been forgotten, which was good in a way. We spent this time like any other couple, getting to know each other, kissing and dates. We lead a pretty normal life in Surrey. Well, the times that he wasn’t being molested by fans. I didn’t really mind, I knew it came with the job, I just could do without it sometimes. I’d also gotten really close with his family, particularly his sister, Elissa. She’d become quite a good friend to me, and we’d hang out while Josh was at practice and I didn’t wanna go, cause I knew I’d distract him. I’d been to one or two of them, but I’d just gotten bored and that distracted Josh from what he was supposed to be doing. We hadn’t had sex, we knew we didn’t want to rush it; we’d lay there and just explore each other, I felt completely happy and relaxed around him. I hadn’t been this happy in years. Everything was going great until I got the worst headache of my life. I’d had a condition which caused me to get migraines, and I’d had it for about 4 years at this point.
“Are you okay?” Josh had walked in from band practice to see me still in bed, clutching my head.
“No, I have the worst fucking headache in the world.”
“Do you want some pills or something?”
“I’ve taken them, nothings working. Josh, I think I need to go to hospital.”
He helped me get dressed while I was lying down, and then he carried me up the stairs, and drove me to the hospital.
“Thank you.”
“Let’s just get this figured out.”
When we got there, there was hardly anyone in the waiting room so I was seen pretty quickly. They gave me morphine for the pain, which eased it slightly, and gave me a CT scan.
“I’m really sorry,” I told Josh while we were waiting for the results. “I don’t mean to be this much of a pain.”
“Liz, seriously, you looked awful when I came in, and you’re ill. You can’t help it. Don’t apologize for something you can’t help.”
“Hi Liz, would you like to come through?” The doctor had re-appeared and apparently had the results.
We both followed him, and sat down.
“I don’t quite know how to say this. You have a tumor, the size of a golf ball on your brain,” my heart sank. I didn’t even want to look at Josh. “This is quite easy to fix. All it requires is simple surgery as soon as possible. We can get you in for… 3 days time.”
“That’d be fine,” I said voice raspy and breaking. Josh put his hand on my leg. “Thank you.”
He explained more about what was actually wrong, and what I’d have to avoid, and what I’d have to do. He also gave me new medication and told me what I’d have to do on the day of my surgery. After this, Josh and I walked back to the car in silence. When we got into the car, he broke it.
“Liz, I am so sorry,” he started crying.
“Hey, hey, don’t cry, there’s no need for tears, okay? There is nothing wrong with this. Just a setback, it can be fixed, you heard him. Simple surgery, they must have done it thousands of times. I’m gonna be fine.”
“Yeah, I guess. We’ll do something later, yes?”
“Yeah, movie and takeout sounds nice.”
“Okay, we’ll have a good night, yes?”
“Mh-hmm,” he murmured and kissed me deeply. “I-I love you.”
“I love you, too,” I smiled. It was the first time I properly meant it. I kissed him again.
“Good, let’s go home.”

--

We were watching some trashy movie, and he turned to look at me, and pulled my chin up to kiss me. I kissed him back deeply. Both of our clothes disappeared, and I knew this time there was no going back. I looked at him and in his eyes. He looked at me as if to ask if it was alright, I nodded, and he wasted nothing. He placed himself in between my legs and put himself inside me. He moved in and out and it felt better than anytime I was with Sam. I wish I’d waited to lose myself to Josh. This moment meant more to me than I thought anything ever could. I became close quite quickly; he kept kissing my neck, my collarbone, and my lips; touching my hips, my breasts and my clit. It felt so good. I wish I had words to describe it.
“Josh… I-I’m c-close,” I managed to whimper.
“M-me t-too,” he gasped back.
He didn’t stop, he moved faster, and I whimpered, and we both came at the same time.
We both lay there with him on top of me, his hair slightly damp with sweat and sticking to his face. It was absolutely adorable. I kissed the top of his head lightly, and sighed with content.
“I love you,” he said, lightly biting his lip.
“I love you too,” I replied. “You mean so much to me.”
“You mean so much to me too. I want you to know that whatever happens, I love you.”
I kissed him deeply, and he looked at me with that glint in his eyes that made me love them so much.
“Stop that!” I moaned.
“What?” He tried to look innocent, but had that cheeky grin on his face.
“That look in your eyes! You know how much I love it.”
“I’m sorry,” he teased.” Well, not really.”
“Eurgh. You annoy me,” I joked and attempted to push him off me.
“Oh you don’t want to do that, Liz.” He then started to wrestle me.
“Josh, stop! Stop it! Ouch! Don’t!” I laughed. “Stop it; your mum will come down!”
“There’s no-one here, love.”
“Oh, okay, please don’t start it again, you know how much I hate it.”
“And that’s exactly why I do it.” He grinned, but stopped. He rolled over behind me and spooned as I pushed closer to his chest.
“I love you so much,” he whispered in my ear, and that was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.

--

When I woke up, Josh was gone, but I heard him in the shower. I quickly got undressed and got in the shower behind him. I wrapped my arms around him, making him jump slightly.
“Morning,” I said into his ear.
“Good morning, how are you?”
“I’m feeling good today, how about you?”
“I’m fine.” And he kissed me, I wrapped my leg around his hip and he lifted me higher onto him, and he entered me. He picked me up and wrapped my legs around him, and he lifted me up and down. With the feeling of the warm water running down me, I became close within minutes. His breathing was labored and all I could see were his eyes. God, I loved his eyes, his wet hair sticking to his face, his chest… I loved him so much.
“Josh…” I moaned.
“I know.” He breathed.
I gave in, and so did he; and he kissed me, and put me back on my feet. Eventually, after we’d cleaned we got out and got breakfast.

--

The day of surgery came round, and Josh was as nervous as I was.
“I’m gonna be fine Josh, please, don’t panic, you’re making me more nervous.”
“I know, it’s just… it’s not every day your girlfriend has brain surgery.”
“I suppose, c’mon, we’d better get going.”
When we got to the hospital, he came in with me to the room, and waited with me till the surgery came round.
“I’ll see you soon yes?” He asked.
“Yes, I’m gonna be fine Josh, please don’t panic.”
“I love you.”
“I love you, too.”

Chapter 6; Josh.
I kissed her goodbye as she went off for her surgery. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want her to see me cry, because I knew she hated it. I had to sit around for hours on end, waiting for any news on how it was going. I went to the front of the building and called Max.
“Hey mate, how’s it going?”
“I’m going outta my mind. She’s in surgery. I don’t know what to do.”
“What? Mate, you never told me! What’s happening?”
“Brain tumor. Golf ball size, it’s being removed. I haven’t heard anything and it’s been 2 hours.”
“Okay, mate. I’m on my way down there now. Don’t go crazy on me, yeah?”
“Okay. I’ll see you in a few.”
The line cut out. I went back inside and up to her room. I don’t think she’d even told her parents what was happening. I sat in the chair and put the TV on a random channel. I couldn’t focus. All I could think about was her. I didn’t know what to do.
“Alright?” Max had finally turned up.
“Not really, I’m going mental with not knowing.”
“She’s gonna be fine.”
“She kept on saying that, I’m hoping your both right.” I put my head in my hands and neither of us said anything until a nurse came in.
“What happened? Is she okay?” I leapt to my feet.
“She is fine, the surgery went excellent, one of the best we’ve done to date,” she smiled. “She’ll be back up soon.”
“I told you!” Max shouted at me.
“I know,” I grinned. “Thank God for that!”
“You know, I think she is one of the most entertaining people I have ever met, the first being me, of course. She has the most colorful vocabulary and such spark…”
“Mate, I know. She’s amazing. I love her.”
“Have you told her?”
“Yes. A lot. She said she loves me too.”
“Have you two…”
“Yeah, we have.”
And then she came through the doors, still passed out on the gurney.
I had to wait for ages for her to wake up.
I saw her eyelids flutter.
“Hey, are you awake?”
She just mumbled incoherently, and then slowly opened her eyes. I leaned over and looked into them.
“I really love your eyes.” She told me. And then I kissed her.
“How are you feeling?” I asked her.
“My head fucking kills. It feels like Dan’s in there playing his shitting drums.” And Max started laughing.
“I told you mate, colorful vocabulary.” I couldn’t help myself but laugh.
“Eurgh, go find me something?” She asked.
“I’ll go get the nurse, leave you two to your love birding.” Max said, and he left the room.
As soon as he left I kissed her deeply.
“I was so worried about you.” I told her.
“I know you were; I could see it in your eyes when I woke up.”
“You know, Max thinks you’re funny.”
“Really? I’m not funny at all.”
“He mainly likes the extent that your vocabulary goes.”
“Ah, he mentioned that on the first night. I can impress you with some more, but not while people are around.” I looked up to see who she aimed the last sentence at, and saw Max had re-entered with the nurse.
“Ooh, that sounds tempting,” Max winked. “Maybe when you’re feeling better. Don’t want you to hurt yourself thinking of all the words you could impress me with.”
“Go back to sleep, love. We’ll talk again when you feel better.”
The nurse had given her some morphine and she was slightly drowsy, so I thought the best thing for her was sleep.