Status: Posted originally on my tumblr...

Blue Eyes Don't Lie

Chapter 7;

I woke up late. I think it was early morning. I wasn’t sure, but it was dark. I could see Josh’s silhouette in the darkness. I leaned over slightly, not to move my head much. I poked his knee hard.
“HUH?” He said, rather loudly.
“Shh,” I hushed him. “I’m bored.”
“You’re supposed to be sleeping,” he grinned at me. I could see the gleam of his teeth in the dark.
“I know; I don’t want to. Come here with me?” I asked.
“You want me to get on that gurney with you? It doesn’t look particularly stable…” He trailed off.
“Just get in.” I shuffled over the best I could, desperately trying not to move my head much. “Mmm, that feels better,” I said as I pushed myself as close to him as I could.
“For me too, now sleep.”
He kissed the top of my head.
“I love you,” I murmured. I wasn’t sure if he heard it or even replied as I fell asleep.

--

“Are you ready to go home?” Josh asked me.
“Yeah, I’m bored of hospitals, and I can’t wait to be in a decent bed again.”
“I know; me either. Being cramped on that bed wasn’t that fun for me either.”
“Sorry. I hate sleeping alone now. I blame you for that,” I grinned.
“Come on then, let’s go.” He picked up all my things, and wrapped his arm around my waist and led me out of the building, and to the car.
Max was waiting there at the car, waiting to wrap me in a hug.
“Hey there, how you feeling?” He asked.
“Better, thanks.” I smiled.
“No more… ‘Shitting drums’ in your head?” He winked.
“No,” I laughed. “No more shitting drums.”
The drive home was loud, largely thanks to Max not shutting up. I think he’d had far, far too much caffeine. Thankfully, Max let us two have some time alone when we got back to Josh’s.
“Oh Liz! Are you okay?” Josh’s mum treated me like her own. She’d come to visit me in hospital a few times, and so had Elissa.
“Yeah, I’m fine, thanks. I’m just really tired.”
“Okay, I’ll leave you two to it; I’ll bring you down some food later.”
“Thank you so much, Anne.”
She patted my shoulder and let Josh and I get on. We ran down the stairs and flopped on the bed, but were careful that my head wasn’t too bad. I got about 5 different medications to take with the healing afterwards.
“What do you wanna do?” I asked Josh.
“Well… I have plans for us tonight… if you’re up for it, that is.”
“What do you have planned?”
“Dinner?”
“I don’t know… erm. Yes. Seeing as we haven’t done anything for ages, even if I feel rough, we are going. I need to do something besides sit in bed.”
“Okay… so what do you want to do now?”
“Oh… I dunno… we could… fool around for a bit…”
“THAT, sounds like a good plan,” he winked. And he began to take my clothes off.
He took my shirt off, without causing much pain. He kept looking at me like I was made of porcelain. I didn’t like it. I wanted him to be rougher.
“Josh, I’m not about to break.”
“I know; I just don’t want to hurt you.”
I gripped him tighter, and wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling him closer to me. It then became a task to take off our trousers.
“Liz… How am I meant to take your trousers off if you’re gonna grip me like that?”
“Eurgh, fine.” And I released him so we could. He kissed all the way down from my lips, to my neck, my chest, my stomach, all the way down to the hem of my trousers. He undid the button, and pulled them off me. I wriggled down under him, and did the same, and we were both left in our underwear. He kept kissing me, my neck, my collarbone, my stomach and my hips.
“You are so beautiful.” He whispered through kisses.
I ran my hands through his hair, and got my fingers all caught up in it. I couldn’t think straight, couldn’t breathe properly.
“I love you,” I whispered breathlessly.
“I love you, too.” He replied, just as breathless.
He undid my bra strategically, lifting my back so that my head never left the pillows. There was only one layer of clothing separating us. He had to feel how badly I wanted him already. He took off his boxers, and pulled down my panties. He positioned himself at my entrance, and pushed himself in. I gasped at how good it felt. He moved in and out, and all I could see were his blue eyes, and him biting his bottom lip, which turned me on even more. I moaned loudly, and I could hear nothing but my pulse in my ears and both of our labored breathing. I ran my fingers down his back, my nails scraping against his skin, and he gasped from the feeling. He moved his hands all over my body, touching me; my breasts, my thighs, my stomach and my clit, it felt so good. I was close.
“J-Josh,” I gasped.
“M-me t-too,”
And we both came at the same time, I was exhausted. We both sighed with content. His hair was slightly damp with sweat, and stuck to his face in little curls, it was so cute.
We did nothing but lay there together, just kissing and being with each other. I was a sense of wholeness that I’d never felt before in my life, and one that I never wanted to be rid of.

--

It was around 5pm when Josh decided it was time to go and get food, so we both showered, together, and got dressed. I wasn’t allowed to drive for another 3 weeks, so we got a cab.
“Nando’s?” He asked me with a smile.
“Sure,” I replied with a yawn. “I am exhausted.”
“Was it my fault?” He whispered cheekily in my ear, too low for the driver to hear.
“Possibly.” I winked
Honestly, I didn’t know if it was him or the after-effects of the surgery. I think it was both. But right then I was too happy to be tired, and he knew that. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and I leaned into him. He smelt so good. He kissed the top of my head, and I sighed happily. I could feel him smiling against my head.
“I love you,” he whispered into my ear.
“I love you, too,” I whispered back smiling.
I could feel him laughing; I could feel him shaking my whole body.
“What’s so funny?” I asked curious, turning my head up so I could see him better.
“Nothing,” he replied grinning. “You’re just really cute.”
“Oh…” I said. I felt really self-conscious, I’d lost some of my hair, thanks to the surgery, and I didn’t feel right without it.
“What’s wrong?” There was a look of worry on his face.
“Nothing,” I sighed. “I just… I dunno; I have a bad feeling.” He looked a bit upset. “Not about you or anything, I think it’s cause I haven’t spoken to my parents for a while, and they know nothing of what’s just happened; I just feel guilty.”
“You shouldn’t, it’s up to you what you tell them, phone them when we get back yea?”
“Mmm, okay,” I smiled.

--

After Nando’s, I took Josh’s advice and called my parents.
“Hello?” It was my mum.
“Hi mum. It’s me… Liz.”
“Oh, hello, are you okay?”
“Mm, sort of. Are you?”
“I’m fine. What’s going on?”
“Nothing, I just… wanted to let you know I’m fine,” Josh gave me a strange look from where he was stood on the other side of the room. “I called you to let you know I had surgery a few days ago.”
“Surgery? On what?” She seemed kinda mad for some reason.
“My brain. I had a brain tumor.”
“Oh.”
“Is that all you can say? ‘Oh’? I was sat here thinking that you were going to say something more reassuring. Obviously not. I’ll talk to you soon mum.” I hung up the phone, and put my head in my hands.
“Are you okay?” He knew I argued with my parents a lot.
“I suppose. I didn’t really expect much from her.”
“It’ll be okay,” he promised and kissed my head.
“I have to go home soon, you’ll be going to America, and I have work and stuff.”
“You could come with us?”
“I can’t. It’s your tour. I can’t be there to distract you from it constantly.”
“YO, YO, YOOO! WHAT’S UP BITCHES!?” Max had just entered the room. “Oops. I interrupted something didn’t I?”
“No, nothing,” I quickly said. “We were just talking about what I’m gonna do while you guys are on tour.”
“You should come with us!” Max said. “It’ll be awesome!”
“I don’t know guys. I mean, I’d love to, but I can’t be a distraction for Josh. He needs to be able to concentrate on the music, and not just me.”
“Yeah, but if you’re here, and I’m in America, I’m gonna do nothing but worry about you.”
“Settled then. You’re coming with us, Liz. And you can’t worm out of it.” Max told me.
“Fine.” I said, and put on a face.
“Ooh, real scary.” He winked.
“Fuck off,” I said with a grin.
“When are you gonna show me more of your extensive vocabulary?” He laughed.
“Soon. I need to think about how I can introduce some of my Thanet lingo to you.”
He just laughed.