Ecstasy

One shot

Can you feel me?
You don't have to move your mouth to speak...
Say it in your mind
Can you feel me...?


I sat there, staring at the bed you had been humbled to, I was like a sick puppy waiting for you; crying deep inside...
I had been there all day, at your bedside, watching you fall deeper and deeper into your consuming slumber; my heart burned with every beat for you, sympathy became the only air I breathed...
You were so beautiful, as you had always been; a prince. I loved you with everything inside of me, each day we had spent together I longed to join you in your world; as if I could become a part of you...
You were so special, so amazing...I just wished there was some place I could take you and hide you from all hurt, all pain; I hated to see you cry, just the sight of it hurt me worse than you were hurting. It was torture to see you sad, and then...It was torture to see you lying there, your body broken upon that bed; where you fought for your life...Our life...


Where are you? What are you dreaming of?
My angel...Where have you gone? Why have you left me on this wicked planet all alone? Just come back to me, come back...


I didn't want my voice to break the silence, it was so peaceful without a sound, other than the beeping of the machine that told me your heart was still beating; still mine...
And of course, your breathing, I had grown so much more fond of your breathes since the accident; all I ever wanted to hear was you breathe, I didn't need music...

Since all the lights had been turned off-even the sun in the sky-shadows had fallen in your room, darkness filled the corners that, otherwise; would be blinding white.
When I had first entered the room I could feel it's aura, it was peaceful. And I know you made it that way...
I felt as if somehow, your spirit had left your body and filled the room, as if I were resting in your same peace...
But I longed to dream with you, join you in your journey through darkness and into light; I could feel that you would come to me, I knew.
I felt as though you filled me, you kept me warm inside and you kept me calm; you kept my eyes glazed with peace and my mind filled with happy thoughts.

But I knew deep inside that the melody was fading, the song was ending; the music I would never be able to live without...
The beeps and your breathes; getting weaker, every moment they would fade a little more...
Tears wet my eyes, little droplets rested upon my eyelashes, but no tears would overflow; not yet..
I was waiting for a miracle, I felt that you had to come back to me; otherwise how could I keep breathing?


My angel...I long to hear your voice again, and that tone you use with only me...
My love, please speak to me, bless me with your words, the beautiful tone in your voice as you speak; allowing air to caress your lips, blessed air...


I longed to see those beautiful eyes open, the most beautiful I had ever seen...I longed to see them smile at me like they used to every time you saw me...

The shadows that danced at the window, I knew they were demons; begging to enter the room and destroy you, but I knew there was no way they could...
My angels surrounded you, my guardians, I had given them up for you because I knew I had to be strong; I sent them to your bedside to watch you when I was gone...

The tears in my eyes began to roll down my face as I slowly rose from where I had been seated, I knew your breathes were numbered; and any minute now you would take your last...


Don't go, my love! Don't leave me here on this wicked earth to live forever in misery! I beg you to take me with you if you must go, please!

All strength was draining from me as I got down on my knees at your bedside, I touched your hand, feeling the warmth that would leave your blessed body all too soon.
I rose and leaned over you, feeling the beautiful breath upon my face; the breath that I couldn't live without as if it were my own...


I love you...I will always love you...Just please...Open your eyes....Can I see them one last time?

I took in a deep breath, trying to hold back the tears; I didn't want my emotions bleeding out on your beautiful face...
My shaky hand slowly reached out and softly touched your eyelid, raising it so that I may see your beautiful eyes...
I took in a sharp breath, I should have known they would be rolled into the back of your skull; hiding their beauty...


Please, please, if you must go, open those beautiful eyes to me first; I cannot live without seeing them...

I needed your eyes, I realized that I would still need them long after your departure...
I let your eyelid fall back down and I watched you leaving...


But love, I need those beautiful eyes; those frosted over oceans of heaven...How am I to live without you?

I realized I needed your face too, your beautiful face with that creamy skin and rosy cheeks, your angelic complexion....
I needed your body, I needed your beauty, I needed your voice...How could I live without you?


Only if you could come back to me, I know you must have faded and gone; you're so far away, I can hardly hear that melody, hardly feel it on my face...

I whined aloud and then hushed myself, I couldn't allow myself to wake you, no; I couldn't wake my sleeping angel...

I need your soul...That is what I need, I need your spirit...Can I take it from you when you die? Then we can go to heaven together, my love. Just let me kiss you, let me take your soul as you die and I'll carry it with me inside my chest, right beside my heart...

I sensed that this breath would be your last, I leaned in to kiss you and when our lips met I tasted the taste I had missed so long, I had needed to kiss you so many nights when I was all alone.
I could feel your last breath leave, taste it in my mouth; it was filled with peace, but no spirit was left behind...
The room felt so cold and empty after you had gone, I could see the sudden change in your skin...


You left me behind...You went to heaven without me...Well, you'll be waiting for me...
And I'm sure the wait won't be long, my love...


I stood in silent shock, even fear; I would never see you again...

Without you, I am nothing...I cannot walk this earth without you...
I cannot see them bury so much beauty in this wicked earth
My angel should not bless the putrid soil!


I burst into tears, the demons outside tasted my sorrow...
The shadows at the window thrived in my pain...


The demons that awaited your soul will not have you, but who will feed them? Who will feed the hungry?

I slowly walked forward, wiping my tears from my eyes; my angels had gone, they left with you...
♠ ♠ ♠
It may need some editing...