Status: Just Started.

No Regrets.

I Need You By My Side.

As I stared out the window at the rain, I couldn’t help but let my mind wonder. New York, it was so much different than Arizona; but I loved the change. I heard footsteps behind me and broke from my thoughts before they took over, Roman placed a warm cup of coffee in front of me; I reached for it and he grinned. I took small sips, not wanting to burn my mouth; Roman sat next to me doing the same. We were both bundled in sweaters and blankets, seeing as our heat had gone out; the joys of being on our own.

The two of us scooted closer and cuddled, watching the rain, praying it wouldn’t turn to snow. He kissed my temple and I grinned. Life was good for me; it has certainly changed, but I was happy. The phone began to ring and I glanced at Roman. He shook his head and I pouted.

“Oh fine.” He stated, trying his best to be overdramatic.

I smiled, “Thanks babe.”

By this point, my coffee was cold, so I stood and walked towards our kitchen.

“Autumn, it’s for you.” He said in a sing-song voice.

I glared at him. He was the only person that liked calling me by my middle name; I had a feeling it was to push my buttons. He handed me the phone and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Hello?” I asked, making my way towards the microwave.

“Hey little sis.” Kennedy beamed from the other end.

I placed my coffee in the microwave and turned it on, “Ken, it’s so good to hear from you.”

Voices were evident in the background, “I know; I missed you.”

The timer counted down the seconds, “I missed you too. How’s the tour?”

“It’s awesome, you have no idea how many girls think I’m hot.” He stated chuckling.

I laughed and shook my head though he couldn’t see, “I find that extremely hard to believe.”

“Whatever Kay, anyways, how are you and Roman?” He questioned.


The microwave beeped and I grabbed my coffee, stealing a glance at Roman. He was leaning against the other kitchen counter, watching me. When he noticed my stare, he winked, causing me to laugh once more.

"We’re great, things couldn’t be better.” I paused, “Well, maybe if our heat would turn back on.”

The guys were now yelling in the background, “And why is your heat off?”

I took a sip of my coffee, “We don’t get paid until tomorrow and the bill was due two days ago.”

“They cut it off that soon?” He asked.

“Yes, they’re assholes.” I stated.

The yelling grew louder, “Damn it, I have to go Kay, and I’ll call you soon; and please get a damn cell phone.”

I giggled, “I will tomorrow, I promise.”


The line went dead and I sighed; it had been almost a year since I had seen Kennedy, and a lot of things had changed within that short amount of time. For instance, Roman, he was a vast change in my life and Kennedy had yet to meet him. He had the chance when he was down last winter, but his time was cut short, thus the meeting of brother and boyfriend cancelled. I’ve also changed in the past year, not much, but still changed; my hair was now brown thanks to my lovely hairstylist, and I’m no longer in college, I’m working as an assistant marketer at a record label in New York. Kennedy seemed to slowly be slipping out of my life; and that was becoming unbearable.

Roman laced his arms around my waist, the look on face gave away that I was deep in thought. I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around him, holding him close. At this point, he was the only person I could depend on. My parents had a falling out with Kennedy; which caused a falling out with me, and Ken was always gone. Roman was always there for me; and I couldn’t lose him like everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
To my one subscriber, I don't know who you are, but I love you. Lol

Also, if anyone can make banners, please PM me, I'm interested in a banner for the story :)

First installment, next chapter should be up soon.

Sincerely,
Nina