Status: Active

Flight 1D Down.

Chapter Ten: The Truth Of It All.

When the captain announced to put on our seat belts, I got really nervous. I looked up at Liam who was sitting with Cody to hear him say "It was probably nothing." Okay, if Daddy Direction says its okay, then it must be okay. A few seconds later, the plane began to shake again which caused me to scream a little. I think I heard Harry and Ev scream too. I looked to my left to see Zayn still asleep. How could he be asleep right now!?! How is that possible! That lucky bastard!

"Th-this is your captain speaking," he sounded nervous, terrified, "It seems that o-our engine has been struck on our ri-right side and we are headed downward. Please, brace for impact, and pray for-"Then it was cut off. Oh shit titty sprinkles!! I've watched enough NCIS and CSI to know what this means.

The plane began to shake some more and i was crying now! I was scared out of my mind. I looked over at Zayn who finally woke up but was just in state of shock. I looked to my left to see Louis and Niall with a scared expression as well, and Niall gestured to come sit with him and Louis. Louis took me into his arms and told me to sit down but before I did, I heard Liam say something about moving to the back of the plane. My legs would not move at all though. It was like they were asleep or paralyzed! Louis immediately lifted me up and moved towards the back of the plane with Niall and the rest following quickly behind. I buried my face into Louis and I felt Niall doing the same to my back. Niall also had one arm around me as well and I couldn't help but feel a little more comforted.

The sound of bending metal interrupted my thoughts and made me scream a little. That sound was worse that nails against the chalk board! "Calm down, Shh!" Louis tried comforting me.

The plane jerked quite a bit then I heard a huge BANG! "EVELYN!" I heard Harry scream and I pulled my face out of Louis to see my best friend limp in Harry's arms. Which made me cry more. I hated when my friends got hurt. And I didn't even know if she was dead or alive!

I could feel us tilting more. Like a bad roller-coaster! With a huge crash, we hit the shallow ocean. All of the glass windows shattered, then a piece of metal flew my way. "OW!" I yelled with a bit of a scream. The sharp piece of metal hit me right in the face. I could feel the blood beginning to spill. I was handed over to Niall when Louis made his way towards the front of the plane to look out the broken windows.

"Oh shit!'' Niall said quietly.

"What? How bad is it?" I asked with still a few tears coming out of my red and puffy eyes.

"There's a pretty big cut starting at your hairline all the way down to your eyebrow." Taking a good look at my head.

"Don't worry, Love. We're fine, everything is going to be okay! I promise." Niall pulled me closer to him, petting my long blonde hair in a comforting way.

"Check her!" I heard Liam yell to Harry who was holding my unconscious best friend.

"She's still breathing!"

Thank God! I don't know what i would've done if I lost my best friend!

"We need to get off this plane!" Cody yelled now out of her haze.

"Are you crazy!?" I yelled back a few tear leaving my eyes. I did NOT want to leave this plane! For once I actually wanted to be on a plane. I coughed a bit because I couldn't catch my breath. Niall patted and rubbed my back making sure i was okay. He was being such a sweetheart to me!

''No, Cody is right! We can't stay on here when it's this damaged!" Liam agreed with her. Of course! Because Cody is always right! Cody is so perfect! Cody always knows what to do! Blah Blah Blah!

"Lou! What do you see out there?" Liam asked Louis who was still looking outside.

"It's a bit of a swim, but there is an island just over there!" I looked over to Zayn knowing he couldn't swim well, and the look on his face was so sad and pitiful. "It's our only chance!"

"Come on! Let's go!" Liam yelled in a voice of authority.

Liam was the first one off, followed by Niall, who had finally let go of my hand, and I'm not gonna lie, I really wished that he hadn't. Zayn had guided me forward to follow after Niall, but I gave Zayn a second look knowing that he was still a little scared. I jumped into the ocean blue with Niall waiting for me. I turned back to see Zayn just jump off into the water and I was a bit afraid for him, but he actually did really well! Niall, Zayn and I all made our way to the island not waiting for Liam, Cody, Harry, Evelyn or Louis.

When the three of us got a shore, I was so tired. my sweater was soaked and was dragging me down a bit. Everyone else was still making their way to the island. I walked over to Zayn and gave him a hug!

"What was that for?" He asked curiously

"I'm just proud of you! That was very brave of you to swim all that way, and you didn't give up once!" He gave me a smile and we both sat down on the cool sand still tired from the long swim.

The rest of the group finally got to shore, the crawled up the beach like they do in every cliche movie. I swear sometimes my life felt like a soap opera!

"Is everyone alright?" Liam asked. Yup, Daddy Direction is always there to make sure everyone was okay!

We all nodded our heads and saw that Evelyn was coming to. She rubbed her head obviously in pain.I was just glad to see she was okay!

"Well, that definitely didn't go according to plan!" Louis said in a cheerful tone which cause Niall and everyone to laugh and chuckle a little bit. I just glared at everyone! How could they be laughing?!? We almost died!

"How can any of you be laughing at a time like this!?! We are stranded on some fucking island! Not a beach resort!" I stood up with a huff and stomped off down the beach. I admit it was a bit childish of me, but I was so frustrated! And I was glad to know that no one would follow me! I needed space! Tears began to flow over and I just yelled a frustrated yell and kicked the sand. I hated crying! absolutely hated it, and it made me mad that I was crying so much on the plane, but all I could think about was my family!

I haven't seen my dad in about a year, and I know this is bad to say, but he was my favorite parent! He lived down in Florida while mom and I live in New York. Mom..the thought of her made me so mad! I found a rock in the sand and just threw it as hard and as far as I could into the blue ocean! I dropped to my knees crying harder now!

"Casey!! Casey!!" I heard someone calling after me. Damn.

"What?!" I asked in a rude tone. I didn't mean for it to come off so harsh but I was just so frustrated.

"What's wrong?" I looked up to see Louis sitting down next to me.

"You can't seriously be asking me that question!" I said wiping away some final tears. I was done crying infront of the boys!

"Well, Yeah I know that we're stuck here, but I can tell that's not all that is bothering you." For once Louis wasn't being sassy, and I really liked this side of him.

"You don't want want to know."

"Yes I do, that's why i asked." There's the sass!

"I'm just frustrated. We're stuck here, and-"

"I know we're stuck here, but what is the other reason." He said, interrupting me.

"Why were you crying so much when we were falling? And don't say because you were scared. I've gathered that information." Well, he was being more sassy.

"I...I was thinking about my mom." I finally admitted.

"Were you afraid that you weren't going to see her again?" He asked, in a serious tone.

"I don't know..not really, that not why I was crying." He looked a little taken back when i told the truth, but i continued anyways.

"She..she didn't even say goodbye to me, Louis. She doesn't care. And I can guarantee that she's not going to care that I'm gone! She's too self involved and hung up on her boyfriend. My dad is the one who would care, but he doesn't even know I signed up for this, but now i wish i had told him." tears were forming in my eyes, but I blinked them away. I refuse to cry again!

"How, how can you say that Casey? I'm sure she loves you with all her heart!" Louis tried to comfort me, but I knew it wasn't true.

"But you haven't met her." I replied, sniffling a bit.

"Tell you what! Once we get off this island, I'm going to help you with your mum!"

I was really happy with that idea, because I did miss my old mom. The one that would always spend her Sunday with me eating ice cream and watching movies! The one that would take me shopping for no apparent reason. And I could help but smile at this. But then I thought, why would Louis care?

"Wait..why do you care though? I'm just a girl that won a contest.." I trailed off looking down at the sand that I was playing with.

"No, Casey, you're not! You are a very special girl. And I think the reason I care so much is because you remind me so much of my younger sisters! I want to be able to help you like a big brother would!"

If you could hear that, that was the sound of my heart breaking. Sister? Big brother? I knew he would never like me like that! And I saw it coming too. And besides, how could I compare to Eleanor? I have to admit, I really looked up to her, she was like my role model!

I nodded my head to Louis and stood up wiping the sand off my still wet cream pants, as he did the same to himself.

"Come on, Niall and the rest of the group are probably waiting for us."

Why did he single out Niall? Well, duh! If the answer wasn't right in front of me!

We walked back to where everyone else was to hear Liam telling us that we were to split up and find someone, something, anything. Zayn, Evelyn and I stayed put while everyone else including Cody went searching for things. Of course she had to volunteer to go searching, because she always had to take charge, and probably because she wanted to be with Liam. Of freakin' course!

After the rest of the group went searching I took a look at Evelyn's head. I examined it carefully knowing exactly what to do! "It needs to be cleaned, and you need to put something over it to stop the bleeding." I told her calmly.

Zayn looked at me slightly confused and curiously. "How did you know that?" He asked.

"I used to be a girl scout." I replied standing up as Evelyn did. She ran into the salty ocean to clean off her wound. "I guess it finally paid off!" I continued. "Yeahh, I guess so." He said, finishing the mini conversation.

"Zayn! Casey!" We both looked over to Evelyn who was still in the water.

"How do you feel about swimming out to the plane and getting our suitcases and whatnot?" She yelled back to us once she got our attention. Zayn shook his head immediately, but I nodded knowing, Ev couldn't do it alone. I told Zayn to stay at the end of the beach and grab what we passed over to him.

I jumped into the clear blue ocean with Evelyn and started out to the slowly sinking plane. Once we got there we decided to open up the cockpit to let in some water. I got on the plane and pulled Ev up and started looking around when I heard Evelyn scream "Casey!! We forget about the pilot!!" And I ran over to her to see she had also thrown up. I was a little grossed out, but i had a feeling he had dies when the line cut off when we were falling. I walked away calmly because I knew I couldn't freak out. Sure I've seen NCIS and CSI, but this shit was the real deal. and Cody, Evelyn and I have this thing, where if one of us freaks out, the other has to remain calm. Then I thought about it, I guess that's what Cody was doing on the plane today when I was freaking out. I mentally apologized to her even though I didn't voice my opinion. "Let's just get this done with."

We got back to the island with the last of the stuff right as everyone was getting back. Evelyn yelled at Louis for packing so much shit. I'm glad I carried my own stuff because I'm sure I packed more stuff than him!

Evelyn pulled Liam over to the side, my guess was to tell him about the pilot. Everyone looked at me with a questioning look on their faces. And I gave them a look to say 'just listen'. Cody and I wrapped our arms around each other, a single tear leaving my eye. And everyone else looked down at their feet, and all comforted each other. It seems as if we knew all hope was gone.

"We're going to be okay! We're going to get out of here!" Liam reassured us.

"We, shouldn't get too worked up about this! I'm sure we'll be found in a few hours or something." Niall had put in. And maybe he was right. Maybe we would be found in just a few hours.

We all took a seat on the beach a little bit away from the waves that were crashing into the sand. Liam and Cody sat close, talking in hushed tones. I felt like they knew something and weren't telling us. Zayn sat on the the other side of Cody and Ev sat in between him and Harry. Louis sat next to Harry pulling a Larry Stylinson moment while I sat in between Lou and Niall. We just sat there in silence watching as the sun began to set. My eyes began to get heavy and I guess everyone else felt the same. I looked over to see Harry and Evelyn sleeping closely together and the same with Liam and Cody but she kept a slight distance between them. Zayn slept awkwardly by himself and Louis tried snuggling up to Harry. Which must've been awkward for all three of them. I layed my head down on the sand and turned on my side. I looked up a bit to see Niall looking at my eyes.

"Are you cold, love?" He asked noticing my shiver slightly.

"Nah, I'm fine." I lied. But he could tell I was bad at lying and pulled my close to him so my head rested in the crook of his neck. He wrapped both arms around me and whispered "We'll be found soon Case. I promise. I'll keep you safe." He lightly kissed my forehead and he layed his head back down. "Thank you, Niall" I whispered back, and I went to sleep quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
xx
Dare