Status: Active

Flight 1D Down.

Chapter Fourteen: Get To The Point.

I saw Evelyn and Harry exit the overgrown forest, a sly smile on Harry's naturally cheeky face. I noticed a few marks on her neck, carelessly covered with berry juice and dirt. What the fuck? After putting two and two together, I covered my mouth in shock. Oh my God, no way.

I felt my eyes bulge at the couple as Louis slapped Harry's back, like a proud big brother, "I'm proud of you, mate," he winked at him, causing Evelyn's face to flush even deeper than it already was. I shouldn't have let them venture off into the woods alone, what was I thinking? Liam eyed me, clearly confused as to what the fuss was about.

"Why are they covered in berry juice and dirt?" he questioned, crossing his arms over his chest and cocking his head to the side. I giggled at him. Bless his sweet, innocent soul.

"They so just did it," I mused, smirking at my best friend and placing my hands on my hips, a strange sense of pride taking over me. I didn't even need her to confirm it, I just knew. That-a-girl, banging Harry Styles like a champ. Liam looked at me confused, furrowing his brows.

"Wait, did what?" He was so lost that it was borderline pathetic. I tapped his shoulder and gave him a look, not about to give an eighteen year old boy a sex talk. I started to make my way over to where Evelyn had seated herself in the sand, picking at her berries, while Liam still stood there, trying to figure out what had just happened.

"You're so obvious, Ev," I said as she turned around to face me, her smile beaming. I plopped myself down beside her, snatching some berries from her palm, enough to tide me over for awhile.

"What do you mean?" she asked, trying to pretend like she had no idea what I was talking about. I nudged her, looking over my shoulder to make sure that nobody was watching our conversation. Although, a part of me hoped that Liam was for his own sake.

"You got it in with Harry, didn't you?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her, watching as she bit her lip and nodded her head.

"How was it so obvious?" she inquired, causing me to laugh in spite of myself. I would have had to be stupid, or Liam Payne, to not realize that they had hooked up, it was practically written all over her face. And her neck. I popped the last of the berries into my mouth and chewed, covering my mouth with my hand. Ever since I had braces, I was always self conscious about the way I looked when I chewed.

"Well," I began, "considering both of your usually perfect hair looks like shit," counting the reasons off on my fingers. She raised her hand to the mess on her head with a baffled sort of look, "and you tried covering up your love bites with dirt and berry juice," I continued, emphasizing the dumb idea that she had come up with. I shrugged my shoulders, "We all kind of figured," I watched in amusement as her eyes widened, obviously not expecting everyone else to have caught on. I told her that we had to head over to the fire, considering the boys wanted to play truth or dare. God help us.

Taking my place next to Liam and Casey, Evelyn made a snooty comment about truth or dare being for middle schoolers, not mature adults. To which Louis replied saying that mature adults wouldn't pretend that they didn't just hook up, or using his words: "fuck each other's brains out", in the woods. I bit back my chuckles; he was so funny, I swear. As Harry smacked Louis in the back of the head, Liam made a comment about the need for everyone to get along, eyeing Evelyn, Louis and Harry.

Liam and I had opted out of the game, not really feeling it, and more interested in seeing how far the other's were going to take it. Evelyn was questioned by Lou on how good Harry was in bed. Or well, forest. I knew her answer made Casey feel awkward, but it didn't really affect me, used to her blunt personality. Apparently sex with Harry Styles was the best sex she had ever had, and I didn't doubt it. Everybody "aww'd" when Harry countered her, saying she was also the best he's ever had. It would have been adorable had they not been talking about intercourse.

Casey was dared to jump into the ocean stark naked, and much to my surprise, she did it. She held up her title of never backing down from a dare. She shivvered as she walked back over to us, her damp hair dripping and darkening spots on her shirt. Feeling a bit left out of all the fun, I decided to change my mind and play, Liam joining in as well seconds later. I smiled, curious as to why he wanted to all of a sudden. Casey asked me if I chose truth or dare, and I chose dare, feeling sort of brave. I knew that she would go easy on me. I wouldn't mind stripping or anything along those lines. That kind of stuff didn't really bother me.

"Okay, Cody," she began, pondering about what she should make me do. Her and Evelyn made some sort of creepy eye contact at each other, activating their telepathy. Casey turned back to me with an evil grin, "I dare you to kiss Liam,"

Fuck you. Right in the asshole. With a machete.

Everyone around the fire erupted into a chorus of "ooh's". The dare even earned an unnecessary: "Get it, Daddy Direction!" from none other than Louis Tomlinson, causing everyone to laugh. I frowned at her beside me, shooting her daggers with my eyes. No way.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to kiss Liam more than anything in the world. It was something that I had always dreamed about doing, never thinking that I would even have the chance. But if it ever did happen, I wouldn't want it to be like this: surrounded by all of our best friends, and have it be initiated by a dare. I wanted him to kiss me on his own. But that was out of the question because while I had no ties, he still had Danielle.

Liam loved Danielle, that much was obvious. Though he hadn't even uttered a syllable about her to me, that boundary was there and I knew it. He didn't want to kiss me; he wanted to kiss Danielle. Why would he want a common, uncoordinated and musically-mediocre midget when he had a tall, beautiful dancer who could sashay me to shame.

I shook my head in disagreement, realizing that i had taken too long to answer, "You know, nevermind, forget it. I won't play," I muttered as I stared down at my hands in my lap, embarrassed for having to back out. I instantly regretted it, but at the same time I didn't. I'm sorry, but there was no way I was about to get rejected by Liam Payne. I was a little bit irritated at Casey for putting me in that position, but also happy that she had tried to help me out. I was extremely conflicted.

"Man," Zayn chuckled, slapping his leg for effect, "Liam just got burned!" I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing that they would just move on and change the subject. I avoided eye contact with Liam, not wanting to let him see how much I regretted my decision of turning down the dare. I was sure he was relieved, he had to be.

Louis would not stop cackling and I was ready to shove him into the fire, "What? Have you not had your first kiss yet, Cody?" he mocked, talking in a baby voice before clutching his sides in laughter. I narrowed my eyes at him, wishing that I had the Force to choke him with.

"Shove off, Lou!" I mumbled, rolling my eyes. I could feel Liam's eyes on me, but I kept mine on Louis. Casey cleared her throat awkwardly and changed the subject, targeting Harry with a question about whether or not he would really marry the boy that I had been close to punching in the face a few moments prior. I stayed silent for the remainder of the game, as did Liam.

We each slept in the same spots that we had the night before, a slightly awkward tension between Liam and I. I slipped on my leather jacket, that was now dry, and laid down, deciding it would be better if I just didn't say anything to him. Typical me, I was going to pretend that it had never happened, in hopes that we could all forget about it. I faced away from him, avoiding the awkward eye contact that was inevitable. I let my mind wander back home.

It had been almost two days on the island; two days isolated from the outside world. Tomorrow night we would be bording a plane to return home. I wondered if anybody had even realized that we were missing. I felt my heart sink at the thought of my mom's reaction when she found out.

I could see her sitting in that same old loveseat, hearing the annoying ring that my dad had set on our phone. My little sister would pick it up, just as she always did, and she would race down to hand it over to my mom, who would be extremely confused as to why she would be receiving a phone call when we were supposed to still be on the plane. She would instantly panic, her paranoid tendencies taking over. I stopped my thoughts when I imagined her sobbing face when she heard that I was missing. It was too painful.

I also wondered how many different search teams they had sent out. People were definitely in search for the boys, there was no doubt about that. They probably had the swat team patrolling the entire Caribbean in that case. I felt sort of relieved, knowing that having them with us increased our chances of being found.

After a while, I listened as everybody's breathing slowed, indicating that they had fallen asleep. Right as I was about to join them, I heard a faint whisper from behind me.

"Cody?" Liam asked, almost hesitant, "Are you awake?"

I debated on pretending that I wasn't, but something inside of me told me that I should answer him. I rolled over, surprised by how close to me he actually was, barely a foot away, much closer than he was last night. I slightly gulped when my eyes met his, he was just so beautiful it hurt, "Yeah, I am," I squeaked, clearing my throat before speaking again, "what's up?"

He squirmed a bit, his chocolate orbs sad, "I was just- no, never-mind, forget it. It's not important," he decided, shaking his head at me, trying to brush it off. I stared at him unconvinced and yet slightly nervous as to what he was going to say.

"Clearly it's important if you brought it up," I made a point of saying. I always hated it when people did that, start to say something and then decide that they shouldn't. I reached out a hand and shoved him playfully in the chest, "Come on, what's on your mind?" Liam grimaced and rolled onto his back, staring up at the stars.

While I waited for his answer, I nestled deeper into my leather jacket and shivered, my teeth starting to chatter, suddenly freezing my ass off. He, of course, noticed and glanced at me, worry on his face, "Are you cold?" he asked, to which I nodded my head in response.

"Just a little bit," I admitted. My body started to shake, almost as if I was having a seizure and I laughed softly, "Okay, maybe a lot," With a sweet smile, he opened up his arms without any hesitation, offering his warmth to me. I felt my senses come to life in my chest at the thought of laying in Liam's arms. I knew that even though it would mean absolutely nothing to him due to his naturally generous nature, it would mean the world to me. Frankly, I was too cold to really care all that much.

I didn't decline, inching closer to him and laying in his strong arms, feeling warm instantly. He started to rub my arm in order to create some friction to heat me up. I hoped that he couldn't hear the way my heart was reacting to his touch as I cradled my arms against my chest. I was so small in comparison to him, it was funny.

"Better?" he asked, putting his other arm behind his head to use as a makeshift pillow. I could hear his heartbeat, which oddly seemed faster than normal. No, I was just imagining it. I was getting my hopes up, over-exaggerating in my head. His heartbeat was completely normal.

I nodded my head. "Much," I said, feeling his body shake as he laughed, "Now tell me what you were going to say," I demanded, the curiosity practically killing me. I heard him sigh and I could practically see him bite his lip, the way he always did when he was nervous.

"Well," he began, "It's honestly not that big of a deal to me, your reasons behind it, I mean. I didn't take offense to it at all, just so you know. You're entitled to your own thoughts, and your own reasoning behind them," he rambled. I lifted my head up to look at him, confused and humoured by his anxious actions.

"Liam?"

"Yeah?" he asked, frustrated that he couldn't get the words out that he wanted to. He knew he was rambling, and I could faintly make out a faint blush coloring his cheeks in the light of the moon.

"Get to the point," I ordered in an amused sort of tone, my brows furrowed in slight confusion. He pressed his lips into a thin line, shutting his eyes and breathing in deep.

"Why didn't you want to kiss me?" He blurted out suddenly, surprising me. My smile was wiped clean off my face and I gaped at him, unsure as to how I was supposed to answer. I didn't know whether to be upfront and honest with my knowledge of Danielle or lie and say that I wasn't interested in him. Seeing my reaction, he frantically started to ramble again, "Like I said, it's okay that you didn't want to, I'm not upset. I just thought that- you know. I don't know what I thought, but I thought something, and I thought that something was something that you thought too," His voice took on a higher pitch the more worked up he got himself. Wait, what was this supposed something that he thought? That boy was confusing, let me tell you.

He was so embarrassed, but it was incredibly adorable. I sat up and looked down at him, the cold air hitting me again. I decided that since he was being honest, I might as well be too, "Well, you have a girlfriend, Liam," I mumbled, flipping my hair out of my eyes. He looked confused for a minute before realization flooded his face and he nodded slowly.

"Danielle," was all he said, almost as if he had just remembered that she still existed. Hearing him say her name caused a little bit of my heart to break off. It was like a confirmation that I would never have a chance with him. It hurt; it flat out sucked. Why couldn't I be gorgeous and coordinated and wonderful and lovely like her? Suddenly he began to laugh, throwing off my negative thoughts about myself. Why in God's name was he laughing? He must have been mocking me. Great.

"Yeah, Danielle. I didn't think kissing you would have been appropriate with your...uh, prior commitments back home," I said, listening as he chuckled even more. It irked me that he was able to laugh. Sure, I would have laughed too, if I didn't feel so shitty about myself. I flashed him an annoyed look at his hysterics, ready to just turn over and go to sleep. He composed his face and smiled, willing me to continue with what I was saying. No, don't smile at me you teasing, girlfriend-having, beautiful British boy. Just don't. I crossed my arms over my chest, watching as he took on a more serious facial expression, sitting up next to me. He sighed and hung his head, much like he had the night before. I could feel a heart to heart coming on. I swear I had radar for those things.

"It's not like that stopped her," he whispered softly. At first I thought I had heard him wrong, so I just waited for him to continue. When he caught sight of my confused face, he snorted and ran his hands down his face, "She cheated on me. A few weeks ago, actually. With one of her dance intructers," he confided, shooting me a sad smile, "We're still together, but we're...not. I don't have that sense of trust in her anymore, and for me that's extremely important. She thinks that everything is fine between us, but it's not. We grew apart, we became different people." I sat there, taking it all in. None of the words made sense to me. How in God's name could you cheat on him? What the hell was wrong with her? I wanted to wring her neck, "I still love her, obviously. I just- I just don't know anymore," he finished with a sad smile.

"Liam, I'm so-" I started, but stopped when he held up a hand, a small smirk on his plump lips.

"Don't be. I'm okay, honestly," He said, and I could see in his eyes that he really wasn't, but he was trying to be. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders comfortingly, letting him know that even though he claimed that he was alright, I was still there for him. He patted my arm and leaned into the hug, "So," he continued, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I had to admit, Liam had a cheekier side to him than he let on. I found it adorable.

"So?" I asked, pulling away from him and dropping my hands to my lap. He looked at me from under his eyelashes, taking on a sort of seductive aura. I tried to keep calm, but it was probably the hardest thing I had ever done, practically impossible. That look made me want to tackle him and rip off all of his clothes and pull an Evelyn and Harry. But I bit back my inner porn star and bit my lip, willing for him to continue with whatever he was saying.

"So," he said simply, "Let's say you were dared again to kiss me," I nodded my head, knowing exactly where he was going with this, "Would you do it?" He winked at me, the butterflies in my stomach reacting immediately. I grimaced at his expectant face, trying to be cool. I shook my head at him, saying that I wouldn't, but couldn't even say that without erupting into giddy giggles, giving away my true answer. He flashed me a cocky smile, leaning in closer to me, so close that I could feel his breath on my face. It was official, Liam Payne was seducing me.

"I dare you," he whispered huskily, tilting his head to the side. I had never seen him like this, I hadn't even read about it. This was the kind of shit that Harry pulled, he was the sexual one. Not Liam. It was almost too much for my poor little fan-girl heart to handle, "to kiss me," he finished, his pearly whites twisting into a mischievous grin, knowing that he was getting to me. I felt lightheaded, and close to hyperventilating. It wasn't fair, the effect he had on me. I could not wrap my head around the situation. He leaned in closer, all I had to do was move four inches and our lips would touch. But I didn't. Why? Because I was a dumb-ass.

I lightly pushed his chest away from me, watching as his eyes went from intense to confused in a matter of seconds. I didn't care if they weren't together in his mind, they still were in hers. Not to mention he admitted that he still loved her, which completely broke my heart. And that was enough for me to tell him no, "Liam, I don't think this is a good idea," I said softly, lowering my eyes from his. I felt so bad, but I don't know why; I was doing the right thing. I wish I knew why the right thing felt so horrible.

"I apologize, I shouldn't have-" he shook his head, feeling stupid. I wanted to tell him not to feel stupid because I already felt it enough for the both of us. I downright hated my sensible brain. Why couldn't I be more whimsical like Evelyn and drag him into the woods for a quickie? "I was out of line, I'm really sorry."

"Don't be sorry," I pleaded, "Seriously, don't. I want to, I want to so bad. But not when you're with Danielle. And not when we're stuck on an island," he chuckled a little bit at the last part, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. I felt extremely confident though, I'll admit. It was nice knowing that Liam Payne wanted to kiss you.

I leaned forward and brought my lips to his cheek, smirking as his smile lit up his face. Oh, my Lord, my heart was having a field day. He touched the place where my lips had been and I could see him blushing. I laid down in the sand, my back to him again, "Goodnight, Liam," I said. He scooted closer to me, draping his arm over my side, both protectively and to keep me warm. I snuggled into his chest, feeling content for the first time in awhile. I felt happy; I felt safe.

"Goodnight, Cody,"
♠ ♠ ♠
xx
Dare