Status: Active

Flight 1D Down.

Chapter Sixteen: The Storm.

I can't believe we've been here for a whole week. It's hard to imagine really. We've been through the same routine everyday: wake up, find food, eat it, swim/bathe, then do whatever, and eat again. But it just all seems to be going too perfect. Well, I wouldn't say "perfect" exactly, considering we're still here. I think I was the last one awake today; I didn't really feel like getting up.

"Will someone come with me to get some more coconuts?" Cody asked everyone, but she was distinctly looking at Evelyn. That was weird. But I let it go, probably just ''girl talk''. They quickly walked over to the forest to ''go look for coconuts'' leaving me with the boys.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to go change into something." Its kinda odd to say that. I mean we're stranded on a island, but we got lucky enough to be able to swim back and get clothes and all our bags. I put on a pair of short denim shorts that were from Hollister, a white tank top with blue and grey flowers on them, and my pair of low top converse. I loved those converse, they were the denim colored ones you see in the store, but I've had mine for years so they look a bit old. I don't know why, but I think converse look better when they look more beat up rather than brand new ones.

I made my way back to the boys and they had started to build something.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" I asked just out of curiosity.

"We're building the fort!" Louis said thinking it was a bit fun.

"It's not a fort, Lou! It's a shelter." Liam responded quickly. I could tell Liam was more serious about it than Louis, but that wasn't really the point. The boys have been working on it for a while now, and were starting to sweat. Zayn was the first to have his shirt off followed by Harry, Lou, Liam and lastly, Niall. I swear I was staring at them for ages. That sounded a bit creepy, but when life hands you 5 hot shirtless guys, you don't dare look away.

"You know, you could help!" Louis somewhat yelled while wiping some sweat off his forehead.

"I'm afraid I'll screw it up!" I answered honestly. I once had to build homes for the homeless, and let's just say it didn't end well.

"From the looks of it, there isn't much to screw up!" Evelyn commented. Louis just let out an annoyed sigh, realizing she was right, and continued to help Liam. Harry waved to Evelyn, causing the entire creation to crumble, much to Liam's annoyance. Cody then proceeded to take off her shit and started to help them. She was wearing a pink and black leopard spotted bikini top, which wasn't my style, but fit her's almost perfectly. But of course she had to go help, being Cody and all. And what was the point of her taking off her shirt? Maybe to show off a little "something something" for the boys? I don't know, and personally, I didn't really care either.

Harry called out to Evelyn, asking her for help lifting some wood, only to have Cody practically jump at the chance to help him. Okay, now that was really strange.

I felt for some reason that Cody and Evelyn were keeping something from me. But I brushed it off quickly though. If it was important, they would've told me.

The boys and Cody were finally done with the little shelter, and I had to admit, it looked pretty good. "So Cody, Evelyn, where are those coconuts you went off to get?" Louis asked in a skeptical tone.

"Uhh..gone." Ev answered hesitantly.

"So what are we supposed to eat?" Zayn now asked.

"Hmm I don't know, how about we go to Nando's and-" Ev was starting to be sassy but was cut off by Niall.

"Don't even joke about that!" Niall interrupted her. We could all tell he missed his precious Nando's.

"But seriously? I'm starving!" Harry was now complaining.

"Here eat this." Cody turned around, grabbing a banana in the tiny basket of food we had collected from yesterday. She turned back around and threw it at him quite hard right in the money-maker, causing him to fall to his knees in pain.

"If you want food so badly, you go find some!" Cody somewhat yelled. Both Cody and Ev were clearly annoyed by the boys complaining about being hungry.

"Fine!" Harry yelled back.

"Fine!" then Cody.

"Fine!" Next Louis.

"Fine!" then Evelyn.

"Fine!" Zayn.

"Fine!" Cody again.

"Fine!" Niall said lastly. Liam was clearly staying out of it.

"You tetra-titted-tosser," I commented once they were all done. Everyone looked at me and we all burst into laughter. Once we all stopped laughing we made our way to go find food, and came back an hour later with a bunch.

-An hour later-

"That doesn't look like a happy cloud.." Louis commented looking up at the now darkened sky. The sun was starting to set already, but these clouds made the evening sky look darker than usual. I looked around at everybody and we all had the same expression. We didn't know what to expect, whether it be a light rain or something much worse. But not being a weather man, I had no idea. A loud crash of thunder interrupted my thoughts, and then an instant down-pour fell from the sky.

"Go! Get into the shelter!" Liam yelled over the pouring rain. We all ran over to the medium sized shelter, and couldn't be happier for the mediocre job the boys did. We were all huddled into each other as the wind began to pick up. It wasn't as bad as any hurricane, but it wasn't an easy breeze either. I knew things were going too "perfect". Right then, a lightning bolt hit a mere few feet in front of us and a huge crash of thunder followed, causing Harry to scream a bit. Oh yeah, I forgot he hateed loud noises.

''Okay, I know the weather channel says to never hide under a tree, but we need more shelter than just this, Liam!" Zayn yelled to him over the rain and thunder.

"You're right, you're right. We've got to get into the forest and find better coverage," Liam yelled back. Then another crash of thunder roared over top of us.

''Come on! Let's go!" Cody yelled and we all frantically ran towards the forest. We were all running for quite some time, looking all over to find shelter. I looked around to see we had all split up a bit by accident., leaving me still running with Harry and Liam.

"Harry! Liam! everyone else is gone!" We stopped for a minute to look around, and now the others were out of sight. A bright flash of lightning lit up the night sky and I could see both of their faces for about three seconds before it went dark again. About two second after that, a roar of thunder that seemed to be louder than anything I have ever heard in my life filled the area around us. Also causing Harry to scream. Again.

"Come on! Let's go! We'll find them later!'' Harry yelled, then we all continued to run as fast as we could. I guess I chose a good day to wear my converse! It was hard to keep up with them, but I did my best. It's like this storm was endless!

The rain continued to fall and fall, and of course it was probably the coldest rain that ever occurred in the Caribbean! Another flash of lighting lit up the forest and seriously almost blinded me. As soon as it went dark again, I tripped over what, my guess was, a tree root. "Ahh-ow!" I yelled, but Harry and Liam didn't seem to hear over the crashing thunder. I had hit my chin on the ground and I could feel a stinging sensation on my skin. I quickly got up and started to jog again and looked around. I couldn't find either of the boys! "HARRY!" I waited for a response but there was just the sound off the rain hitting the ground. "LIAM!" Still only the sound of rain.

''HARRY! LIAM! GUYS!" Another crash of thunder sounded and the roar was so loud I swear it made the whole island shake. "Holy Mother of shit!" I yelled, scared out of my mind. I always loved to watch thunderstorms, but not up this close! I had to find shelter, and fast!

I started to run again to look for shelter but stopped because I was so out of breath. I bent over a bit and put my hands on my knees and took in deep breaths. I was getting some of my energy back, but i was too tired to run all night. I heard some rustling in a near bush and immediately became alert. "Harry? Liam? Is that you?" More rustling from the bushes and a snap of a twig. That shit only happens in scary movies, but I wasn't sticking around to see what would pop out. So I ran like hell away from there!

I ran until I saw a very large tree to my left. there were some lower branches that i could reach, so a grabbed a hold of one and started to climb. Yes, I am aware that it's not safe to hide under a tree during a thunderstorm, but I'd rather die by being struck by lightning than be mauled by whatever is down there! There was another beam of lightning and crash of thunder and I was scared out of my mind! I was freezing my ass off! My shirt was completely soaked through and my hair was sticking to my face.

The rain continued, but the thunder and lighting had started to fade away. I was sitting on a thick branch. Kind of how Katniss did in The Hunger Games. I was about to get down out of the tree when I heard something moving below me. It sounded like an animal maybe. There was no way in hell it was one of the boys or Cody or Evelyn, I knew that for a fact!

I heard another twig snap, and I got right back to the branch I was sitting on. This was scary ass shit! You don't see or hear of this stuff happening in Syracuse, New York!

Some leaves started to blow by which gave it a more eerie feeling. The wind continued to whistle through the air like it had during the storm which didn't help the fact that I was still freezing! The feeling in the atmosphere felt like a mixture of the Thriller music video and one of the scenes from an Edgar Allen Poe story. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach that made it feel worse. But I just had the feeling that I should stay put for the night. I looked around me at my surroundings. There were the moments when I swear I saw something moving, but there was no way in hell that I was going to move and find out what it was. I wondered what everyone else is doing. Were they looking for me, or were they in the same position as I was? or maybe they found shelter and fell asleep for the night. Had Harry or Liam noticed I was gone yet? I don't know. But once I see some sunshine, I would go find the others. After about 2 hours, or that's what it felt like anyway, I started to dose off. I didn't want to fall asleep in the forest, but my eyes kept getting heavier, and heavier, until I finally fell asleep.

-The Next Morning-

I woke up to the sound of my name being called. "Casey? Casey, where are you?" I recognized the voice instantly! It was Liam!

I started to climb down the tree and I had my foot on one of that last branches. Apparently, that branch was still wet, and I went tumbling down. Lucky for me, I landed on something soft, Unfortunately for Liam, something heavy had fallen on him. "Oh my gosh! Liam! I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" I stood up and reached out a hand for him. He took it and was now standing himself.

"Yeah! I'm fine, Are you alright? Does anything hurt? Harry and I have been looking everywhere for you! Don't scare us like that ever again" Liam asked quickly in a kind way. During that last part, he took me into his arms quickly and protectively. Before I could say I was okay, he began to speak again.

"Oh my god! Casey! Your chin! What happened!" He asked very concerned while holding my face gently, inspecting my chin.

"I fell last night. That's how I lost you guys." I admitted.

"Are you always this clumsy?" he asked now in a joking tone, making a reference to me falling on him not a minute ago.

"Yeah, sometimes." I informed him, slightly giggling.

"Come on, the others are waiting for us. They were all pretty scared when we couldn't find you!"

We made our way back to where everyone was and I was greeted with a huge hug from Louis, and everyone else joined in.

"OH MY GOD, CASEY, WE FOUND YOU! WHERE DID YOU GO!" Louis asked over dramatically.

"Excuse me, but I believe I found her!" Liam said defensively. I looked around at everyone now with calm looks on their faces. But I saw Niall had red, puffy eyes. Was he crying? Liam interrupted my thoughts and grabbed my hand. "Come on, love. We need to clean your chin up a bit.'' We left the rest of the group and made our way over to my first -aid kit i brought. And to think Evelyn and Cody made fun of me for bringing that!

Liam washed off my chin a bit, and I admit, it really hurt. I'm glad we got to it now before it got infected though! He rubbed some disinfectant cream on it, along with a quick healer solvent.

"There, as good as new!" Liam said and clapped his hands together once, putting the stuff away.

"Well, thanks, but with this and the scar on my forehead from where i was hit on the plane, I'm even more hideous than before!"

"Oh, stop it! You're beautiful!"

"Thanks for that, but I don't really think so."

"Are you kidding? What makes you say that!" Liam asked with actual curiosity

"Well, if you haven't noticed, I'm the ugly friend out of Ev, Cody and myself. Evelyn already got Harry to bang her, and-"

"You are so blind!" Liam interrupted me while laughing a bit.

"What do you mean?" I asked, seriously wondering why he was laughing at my insecurities.

"Do you not see how Niall looks at you?"

"Not rea-"

"And how he always makes sure you're next to him at night?"

"Well-" I started to say but he interrupted again.

"And when-"

"Okay, if you are going to continue to interrupt me, I'm going to have to slap you!" I said, now interrupting him. I swear, he was like that Annoying Talking Orange on Youtube the way he was interrupting me every 2 seconds!

"Well do you get my point then? You are beautiful! And don't ever think any differently!" Liam concluded.

"..okay" i said a bit ashamed

"Good! now come here." He opened his arms and I hugged him tightly.

"Thank you, Liam."

"Anytime, love."

With that 'thank you' I thanked him for everything. For him finding me. For him taking care of my cut on my chin, and for him being so sweet. I felt like he and I just and bonding moment, and that he and i just instantly became very close. I knew I could talk to him about anything. I felt as if Liam and I were on our way to being pretty good friends, and I couldn't be more grateful!
♠ ♠ ♠
xx
Dare