Status: Active

Flight 1D Down.

Chapter Seventeen: Payback's a Bitch.

As if we already weren't in deep enough shit, Evelyn had to go and get herself knocked up.

I did my best to keep my expression as even as I could while I tried to tell her that nothing was set in stone just yet. and to wait a few more days before paniacing. Just like always, I was the voice of reason. But I'll admit, in this situation, I was silently freaking out to myself. I knew for a fact that nobody on this island knew how to deal or take care of a pregnant woman, let alone deliver a baby for crying out loud. She seemed to calm herself down a little bit and we ventured out of the forest, back to the others.

When we walked out onto the beach, me trailing behind Evelyn, my eyes caught sight of a strange sort of expiriment being built on the sand. I instantly remembered that we had discussed building shelter at the fire last night, and I watched as they tried their best. They had all abandoned their shirts, and I found myself staring at Liam's perfectly toned chest. Sweet baby Jesus.

Casey, of course, was standing off to the side, doing nothing but staring at the five muscular boys in front of her. I could have sworn that I saw her eyeing Liam, and I felt my stomach churn. I knew how fickle she was, and I could just imagine her deciding that she all of a sudden had a thing for Liam. Granted Liam wasn't mine by any stretch of the imagination, but it was still a bit uncalled for. Shaking my head, I brushed it off, telling myself that I was just imagining it and that she had been looking at Niall.

"You know, you could help!" Louis snapped, wiping a few beads of sweat off of his face. His face showed that he was extremely annoyed at her laziness, and I had to admit, I found it funny. She rolled her eyes at him and placed her hands on her hips.

"I don't want to screw anything up!" she whined. I noticed Niall smile at her protest, not even realizing what he was doing. It was a natural reaction, and one that only Niall seemed to have. Everyone else just looked irritated with her.

"From the looks of it, there isn't much to screw up," Evelyn snorted beside me, causing Louis to huff at her comment, insulted. He bent over to help Liam with the log that they were trying to line up against a larger one. Harry was instantly distracted by her voice and looked up, waving and grinning at her like an idiot. I decided that I had better help the lot, knowing that they couldn't do it by themselves. Besides, they needed a woman's intuition. Considering it was hotter than Satan's balls, I stripped myself of my shirt and tossed it at Evelyn, revealing none other than my favorite bikini top.

"I'm going to help them before they end up killing themselves," I informed her, pointing towards the group of idiots. Liam started to shout at Harry to pay attention and grab the other log that was to be lined up against the two they already had set up. Harry being Harry, accidentally let it slip out of his fingers, wincing as the entire creation went tumbling to the ground, "Morons," I muttered as I smacked my palm against my forehead. Liam's face flushed in anger as he stared down the curly haired boy, his veins sticking out on his neck. I was convinced he was just about ready to kill him.

I jogged over to them and placed my tiny hand on Liam's bare back, causing him to look away from Harry and at me. When our eyes met, I willed him to take a deep breath and calm down. We could rebuild the shelter, but if he killed Harry, that would be a bit harder to replace. I could feel his tense muscles relax underneath me, sighing when he realized that I was right. Smiling at him, I bent over and motioned for him to help me start to move the log.

After awhile, I heard Harry call out to Evelyn to help him lift some wood. My body froze and my eyes widened, earning myself a strange look from Liam that I ignored; I always ignored his worried looks. I wasn't going to let her do any heavy lifting in her condition, no way.

"No!" I shouted as everyone's heads rose at my little outburst, "I'll do it!" I dropped the leaves that I had collected to drape over the top of the logs and sprinted to Harry's side.

"Why can't Evely-"

"Because I've got it, that's why," I finalized, slightly irritated by his need to further the issue, and taking the wood into my hands. Harry was confused, but shrugged his shoulders and carried on with whatever he was trying to do. I awkwardly held onto the log, feeling Liam's suspicious eyes on me. Sometimes I hated that he seemed to notice the little things.

After a good two hours, we finished building the shelter/hut thing. We had all collapsed into the sand and Louis took that as an opportunity to be a prick, "So, Cody, Evelyn, where are those coconuts you went off to get?" he asked, indicating that he knew we were fibbing about getting coconuts. I wanted to smack that little smirk off of his perfectly chiseled face, but I fought against it. It must have pissed Evelyn off as well, considering she sassed him right back, God bless her. Which of course, somehow ended with me chucking a banana at Harry's nuts out of frustration. I swear, all those two ever did was complain.

I hoped that it had really hurt his precious junk. Keep that shit in your pants, not in my best friend. I sneered at the curly haired idiot, wondering how a human being could be stupid enough to bang a girl without a condom, especially given our situation of being trapped on a deserted island with no Morning After Pill. Dumbasses.

Not even an hour later, Louis had glanced up at the sky, "That doesn't look like a happy cloud," he commented, wringing his hands nervously. I chuckled a bit; even when he was afraid, he still tried to make the situation light.

I was very bipolar when it came to my opinion on Louis. Sometimes I adored the guy, but other times I wanted to use his head to open those damn coconuts he harassed us about.

I squinted at the menecing darkness that was approaching our normally sunny island, worried. I prayed silently to myself that it would just be a light drizzle. A loud crash of thunder shook the entire island, and almost instantly it began to pour harder than I had ever seen rain fall, causing me to glare at the heavens, "Thanks, God, I really appreciate it," I muttered bitterly under my breath. He tended to play cruel, sick jokes on me, especially recently.

Liam shouted at us to get into the shelter, surprising me that it was large enough to fit all of us. We huddled close together and I was sandwiched between Liam and Zayn, feeling tiny drops of water plop onto the top of my head. Another crash of thunder caused Harry to shriek like a teenage girl, his fear of loud noises finally kicking in.

The hut wasn't enough shelter at all, and I doubted that it would even hold much longer the rain was so heavy. As if he had heard my thoughts, Zayn turned to Liam, speaking over my head, "Okay, I know the weather channel says to never hide under a tree, but we need more shelter than just this, Liam," he said, motioning toward the dripping hut above us. Plink. A raindrop fell onto my nose and I crinkled it in response.

Liam nodded his head in agreement and started scrambling to his feet, "You're right," he stated, the rest of whatever he was saying being lost in a roar of thunder. I flinched at the noise, I wasn't a big fan of loud noises either. In that moment, I wanted nothing more than to be home in my bedroom, snuggled up under my blankets. I wanted that comforting feeling of knowing that my mom was right down the hall, and that nothing bad was going to happen. Liam reached out his hand and yanked me to my feet, reminding me that I didn't have time to sit there in fear. I was supposed to be the strong one.

"Come on, let's go!" I hollered, bringing everybody to attention. Liam clutched my hand tightly, a gesture that I had begun to get used to with him. We frantically ran to the forest, disappearing in the mounds of wet leaves and mud. It was hard to see anything, the only light coming from the streaks of white that slashed their way through the sky.

"I hate running!" Louis whined, ducking underneath a vine. I shot him a dirty look, annoyed.

"Will you stop complaining and hurry your ass up?" I rolled my eyes at him, tired of his constant complaints.

"You know," Louis screeched over the booms of thunder and the sound of our feet pounding into the wet grass. He hopped over a tree that had been knocked down, almost tripping in the process, "You're a bit of a bitch?"

"Takes one to know one," I snapped, noticing Liam's slight disapproving look, wanting me to be mature and not stoop to Louis' level. I didn't really care at the present time. In fact, I couldn't care less about Liam's disapproval. Louis' face scrunched up and he flipped me the bird, to which I returned the gesture. Asshole.

Liam's hand suddenly slipped out of my grasp, but I didn't have time to worry about it, I just kept running, assuming that he was right behind me. Why did it have to be so damn dark? I didn't know where I was running, and I only hoped that I wouldn't run into a tree. My hair was flying wildly around my face, occasionally whipping into my mouth.

"Liam, how far do we have to run?" I asked, practically heaving as I slowed down to a walking pace. I had never informed anyone, not even Casey or Evelyn that I had slight asthma, but it was part of the reason that I hated running. I felt the familiar chest pain and braced myself for the attack that would soon follow. And I didn't have my inhaler. Fantastic.

When Liam didn't answer me, I turned around, hoping to see him. When I didn't, I panicked, "Liam?" I cried, my eyes darting in every direction. I was completely alone. I swear, I get myself into the shittiest situations.

Right as I had begun to tell myself that I was going to die alone, just like I always suspected, I heard a familiar high pitched shriek.

"Where is everybody?" Louis shouted, jumping over an overgrown tree root with the grace and poise of a fairy. Sometimes I wondered about that boy. I found it funny that even though he was soaking wet and covered in mud, he still managed to look like a model.

"Lou! Over here!" I managed to shout. When he saw my equally as drenched self, relief washed over his face and he sprinted, engulfing me in a giant bear hug seconds later. I groaned in pain as he squeezed my waist a little bit too tight, "Thank God, I found you! Please don't ever leave me like that again," He said, acting as if the little spat we had gotten into as we were running was way in the past, to which I appreciated. I didn't feel like bickering with him anymore. He set my body down, bending over to wrap his arms around my stomach like a child. I ruffled his hair, and coughed, trying to ignore the breathing issues that I was having at the moment.

When he heard my wheezing that made me sound like a chain smoker, he looked up at me and gave me a once over, smirking to himself, "What's wrong with you? Did I take your breath away, Code-ster?" he asked with a wink, calling me by the extremely annoying nickname he had dubbed me with. My uncle used to call me Code-ster, and I always hated it. When I had told Louis that, he just laughed, a bit maniacally I might add, and skipped off screaming the name at me, "Code-ster?" he said again when I didn't, more so couldn't answer. He was suddenly serious, all joking in his tone erased.

I simply nodded my head, trying to convice myself and him that I was fine, but failing and erupting into a coughing fit. I closed in on myself, clutching my sides and hoping that it was just a mini one and that it would go away. I tried to focus and catch my breath, but it wasn't an easy task. Louis stared blankly at me, "If you're fucking with me, this isn't funny," I internally rolled my eyes at him. Yes, Louis, my perfect idea of a joke is to fake an asthma attack. I could feel tears threatening to fall as I heaved, trying to breathe. I knew that you could die from these things if you didn't have your inhaler, that thought only freaking me out even more. I'm pretty sure my body decided to throw in a random ass anxiety attack to top it all off and make things even better.

Instantly Louis was at my side, patting and rubbing my back soothingly, "Alright, listen to me, okay? Close your eyes, just breathe deeply, in through your nose, and out through your mouth," he said, loudly over the pouring rain, "Come on, you can do it," He repeated himself numerous times over the course of about twenty minutes until I could feel the panic slowly begin to subside. The wheezing eventually changed back to normal breaths and I blinked away the tears that had stocked up in my eyes. When I felt stable enough to straighten myself up, I saw him watching me carefully, making sure that I was alright before easing up and backing away. This was a side of Louis that I had never seen before. He was being mature, and he wasn't being snippy. I was quite impressed, not to mention thankful. He steadied me, holding my arms until he was sure that I wasn't about to relapse, "There, see? You're okay!" He said gleefully, crossing his arms over his chest happily, reminding me of Peter Pan. I smiled at him, exhausted. That coughing really wore me out.

"Thank you, Lou," I wrapped him in a tight hug, surprising him. Louis and I hadn't exactly had a chance to get close at all, we were either bickering about his diva attitude or teaming up against one of the other idiots on the island. It was nice to see him in this sort of environment, sweet and helpful. After a few seconds of confusion, he hugged me back, smiling.

"Yeah, yeah," he said, acting as if it wasn't that big of a deal, "My mum used to be a nurse and I suppose I picked up a few things," He shrugged, brushing it off. The truth was, I knew that about his Mother, but I kept that to myself.

"Well, thank you, Nurse Tomlinson," He laughed at my joke, which in all honesty wasn't that funny at all. Again, he said that it was no problem. The boy brushed his wet hair out of his face and adopted a cheeky sort of grin.

"Besides Liam would be shafted if I let you die," He said, turning and walking away from me. I couldn't help but notice the slight glimmer in his blue eyes, and I hoped that he didn't notice the way my face lit up when he mentioned Liam's name. I blinked, confused by his terminology. I was American, for crying out loud.

"I'm not exactly fluent in your British vocabulary," I said, following after him and catching up, sticking to his side like glue. He eyed me, bemused by my interest in his comment. I didn't care, I just wanted to know, "Shafted?" I asked, squinting my eyes at the word to let him know that I didn't understand. The rain began to let up and I watched as he laughed heartily, enjoying my cluelessness.

"Heartbroken, basically," he explained, clutching onto his heart for emphasis. I didn't answer, but I could feel my cheeks blush at his words. Hiding my face from Louis, I bit back the small smile that was playing on my lips. Heartbroken, eh?

We walked for what seemed like ages, chatting and bickering with each other, back to normal. Though I knew I would always keep that moment with me in the back of my mind, a reminder that Louis wasn't that bad after all. When we stepped foot back onto the beach, the only ones there were Liam and Harry. Where the hell was everybody else?

"Cody, Louis!" cried Harry, scrambling over to our approaching figures. Liam's head whipped in our direction, a look of alleviation flooding his formerly worried expression. I laughed quietly as Harry lifted me up in a hug, still slightly irritated with the boy. But then again, I felt sort of bad being upset with him considering he had no idea that he might have knocked up my best friend. I patted his curls as he lowered me to the ground, enclosing Louis in his grasp just seconds later. Liam slowly made his way over to us, and I kept replaying what Louis said in my head. I wondered idly if he knew something that I didn't.

"I'm so glad you're alright," he said, softly, his chocolate eyes boring into mine, hiding something. It was weird how much of a connection the two of us had. I already knew him enough to know that there was something he wasn't saying out loud, but that he was thinking. I only wish that I knew what that something was.

"Me too," I said, jokingly. I wasn't going to tell him about the little incident in the forest. Why bother him when everything was okay now? He looked amused and turned his attention to the loud voice approaching the beach. I didn't even need to look to know who it was.

"If you ever leave me with these two fuckers again, I swear to God," Evelyn cried, annoyance evident in her bitter tone. The "fuckers" to which she was referring to were Niall and Zayn, who trailed behind her, wide eyed and a bit shaken up. Time alone with Evelyn will do that to you, "This one over here wouldn't shut the fuck up about how 'This is just a test of our strength!' What? Another loop on the roller-coaster that is life, Zayn?" she continued, pointing at Zayn, who from the looks of it, was a bit insulted. And then to Niall, "And this one, finds it necessary to swear every five fucking minutes!" She finally made it over to LIam and I, her shirt completely soaked through. She looked like a hot mess.

"Look who's talking," Louis mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. If you thought Louis and I didn't get along, you should have seen those two. Cats and dogs, I swear. She glared at him, a scowl painted on her face.

"Shut the fuck up, gay-boy," She snapped, causing him to shoot her the finger in response. It was only a matter of time before Evelyn pulled the gay card with him. I grabbed her forearm and willed her to calm herself down before she ended up in a fist fight with Louis. Plus, stress wasn't good for the baby, if there was even a baby to worry about. But knowing our luck, there was a mini Curly baking in her oven.

I counted off the heads five times before I realized that we were missing somebody. Casey.

"Where's Casey?" I asked, slightly panicking. My mind tended to jump to the worst conclusions, so I automatically assumed that she was dead. Everyone's eyes widened when they realized that she in fact, wasn't on the beach with us. I looked to the woods, taking notice to how dark it was outside.

"She's probably taken up shelter somewhere," Zayn offered hopefully, though you could clearly see that he was worried. Louis scoffed beside him.

"Or she's dead," He voiced, causing everyone's heads to shoot in his direction, glaring. He defensively rose his hands and shook his head, walking away from the group. Well, the old Louis was back.

I could feel my stomach churning at Louis' words. What if she was dead? We didn't know what was out there. For all we knew, she could have been devoured by a panther, or beaten to a pulp by a gorilla, or pecked to death by some toucans. I cringed at the thoughts, even though some of them would pretty funny if they weren't possibilities.

"We can't go in there now, it's too dark. Harry and I will start looking for her in the morning," Liam said in a sort of helpless tone. His original idea of sticking together wasn't going as smoothly as he had hoped. While Harry nodded his head in agreement to the plan, Liam turned to me, "She's alright, I'm sure of it," He said seriously, and for some reason, it reassured me.

Everyone was a bit shaken up and exhausted from the storm, so we decided to go right to sleep in our new hut. Niall looked a bit lost, not having Casey next to him and I felt sorry for the lad; He really had a thing for her. I took my place between Zayn and Liam, feeling some sort of comfort from the bed of leaves we had pieced together.

Everyone was forced to sleep a lot closer than normal, not like I minded all that much. Liam opened his arms wide and I crawled in, laying my head on his chest. Ever since the second night on the island, this was how we slept. He knew how cold I got in the middle of the night. I knew that it didn't mean anything; We were just 'Island Cuddle Buddies'. I drifted off almost instantly, listening to the rhythmic beating of his heart.

I woke up to the sound of Louis shrieking, "Oh my God, Casey! We found you! Where did you go!" My eyes shot open and I stood up as fast as I could, relieved and also a bit annoyed that Louis all of a sudden decided to care. I jogged over to where Liam was leading her out of the woods, watching as Harry followed suit. Strange, I thought he said Harry was going with him. I brushed the thought off as Liam corrected Louis, saying that he was the one to find her, not 'we'. Liam grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the rest of the group, over to the first aid kit, I assumed, to fix the tiny scrape she had on her chin. I couldn't ignore the little pang in my chest when he grabbed her hand. Of course, he was just being friendly, but it still irritated me. And knowing Casey, she was bound to eat up all of the attention he was giving her. I stuck up my nose at the retreating two, and avoiding watching them, plopping down on the sand.

"It's just a little scrape for God's Sake," Niall muttered butterly, sitting down next to me. He rested his arms on his knees and narrowed his eyes at Liam and Casey, obviously as irritated by it as I was. He shook his head and lowered it, unable to look anymore. Although he couldn't, I could. I stood up and began to make my way over to them.

He was lightly dabbing her chin with a cloth that he had dipped in the water, saying something that I couldn't quite make out due to how far away I was. I inched closer, pretending to be sorting through the basket of fruit. After applying some sort of cream and something else that I didn't give two shits about what it was, he clapped his hands together, "There!" he exclaimed happily, "Good as new!" He began to put the stuff away as she lightly touched her chin.

"Well, thanks," she said quietly, unaware that I was a mere ten feet away, "But with this and the scar on my forehead from where I was hit on the plane, I'm even more hideous than before!" I dropped a coconut, my mouth dropping. That good for nothing attention whore. She was basically setting herself up for a compliment. If I was in Liam's situation, I'd agree with her and say that she was, in fact, the most hideous creature on the planet. Who the hell does that, fishes for compliments?

But Liam being, well, Liam, said, "Oh, stop it, you're beautiful!" I felt my heart sink at his words. Beautiful?

"Well, thanks for that, but I really don't think so," She pushed, probably hoping for another compliment from him. Greedy bitch.

He asked her why she felt that way, but their conversation was lost when I noticed Louis' foot tapping beside the basket. I slowly rose my eyes to him, my skin practically boiling from Casey's little pity party. Louis smirked at me, knowing exactly why I was so upset.

"Is someone," he began, lowering himself down to my level and wiggling his eyebrows, "Jealous?" I shoved him back, watching in amusement as he winced when his ass hit the sand. He laughed at my reaction though, obviously getting his answer, "You so are!" he accused, clutching his stomach, "You have a thing for Liam, I called it! Harry, you owe me ten bucks!" Louis shouted over his shoulder at Harry, who was chatting with Evelyn. Harry looked confused for a moment before looking at my unamused expression, toppling over in a fit of giggles along with Louis. I was even more annoyed by their stupidity, and turned away from their little field day, taking a banana into my hands. Evelyn just sat there, smacking Harry's ass to get him to stop.

I looked over at Liam and Casey just in time to see him engulf her in a huge hug. I watched as she ran her hand up and down his back and buried her face into the crook of his neck. I wanted to kill her. I wanted to knock every single one of her teeth out of her mouth. You don't fucking touch him. It took every ounce of self control that I had in me to not stand up and rip her face off. Suddenly Louis' giggles cut off as he stared at my hand, eyeing the mush of banana that was spewing all over. Apparently in my fit of rage, I squished the fruit. Louis looked slightly frightened, obviously clueless about my temper. I threw the banana down and stood up, making my way over to Evelyn, who was now sitting by herself in the hut.

"Jesus, what got your panties in a bunch?" She asked in reference to the grimace on my face. I stopped dead in my tracks, my hands balled into fists and groaned, frustrated.

"Casey's a fucking attention whore," I snapped, huffing and puffing, trying to control my temper. It was something that I never really had the ability to do. I had inherited that from my Dad's side of the family. If I was pissed, I was pissed, and there was no way around it, you just better stat out of my way. Evelyn was taken aback by my abrupt answer and smirked. She always loved it when I got heated.

"What did she do?" she pressed, too amused by the situation. She criss-crossed her legs and waited expectantly for my answer, her head cocked to the side. I motioned toward the little hug fest that was still going on further down the beach.

"She got a 'boo-boo'," I mocked her, watching as realization hit Evelyn's face. She grew pissed off as well. When I was pissed, Evelyn was always there to back me up and bitch right alongside me. She scoffed right as the two pulled away and Casey smiled at him.

"Why am I not surprised?" Evelyn commented, pulling herself up from the hut. She clapped her hand on my back and jerked her head towards the water, "Come on, let's strip and show Liam that your ass is better than hers," she said. I laughed as we ripped off our clothes, revealing our bathing suits. I could feel Liam's eyes on me almost instantly. Unlike Casey, Evelyn and I knew how to get shit done when it came to flirting, while she was an awkward potato.

We jumped into the lukewarm water, squealing and drawing attention to ourselves. I assumed that she wanted to show off a bit for Harry too, with the way she purposely yelled things that she knew he would notice such as, "Holy shit, my tits are freezing!" Right on cue, Harry and Niall looked up, and Harry smirked, making their way over to the water.

"Mind if we join you?" He asked, already removing his shirt. That boy, I'll admit was perfectly sculpted by the Gods. Evelyn shrugged and dipped herself underwater, making Harry laugh and dive in, swimming after her. Suddenly getting an idea, a bitchy but rather genius idea, I called out to Niall. Payback's a bitch, Casey.

"Niall!" I said, making my voice sound high-pitched and cute on purpose. Though it annoyed the shit out of me when girls did that, I knew guys couldn't resist it. And I knew that it would piss Casey off to no end, "Come swim with me!" I cried, dragging out the last word and splashing the water. I noticed Liam raise an eyebrow at my tone of voice, inching closer to see what all the fuss was about. Niall chuckled and stripped, leaving him in just his swim trunks, and waded through the water. I clapped my hands flirtatiously when he approached me, squealing and jumping onto his back. I glanced back at Liam, who was removing his shirt as well. This should be interesting.

"You're going under, girlie," Niall said, before throwing the both of us underwater. I resurfaced and splashed him, giggling like a fool. I could see Casey fuming on the beach. Mission accomplished. But since I was in the mood to be a bitch, I decided to push it just a little bit more.

"Niall, you're so mean!" I shrieked, grabbing onto him yet again. He lifted me up, wrapping his arms around my waist and dunked me again. I flipped my hair like a boss when I came up for air, smiling to myself as Casey stalked off. Mess with me, bitch.

"Well, someone's in a good mood," Liam commented, eyeing Niall a bit. Good, I hoped I had made some sort of an impact on him too. I shrugged my shoulders at his words, indifferently. He stayed planted in front of me, rather confused by my sudden attitude towards him. I stood up out of the water and adjusted the straps on my bathing suit bottoms, tightening them so that I didn't lose them in the waves. Evelyn strode past me on Harry's back and grabbed onto one of my bikini top strings, causing it to untie.

"Show him your titty sprinkles!" She screamed happily, as Harry fell over. I clutched onto my chest right as my boobs fell out. I had hoped that I caught them in time before the boys saw but from the looks of both of their faces, I had given them a bit of a show. Niall's eyes widened before he fell over laughing at my expense, while Liam's face just flushed. I tied my top and placed my hands on my hips, hardly fazed at all. Liam glowered at Niall when he wouldn't stop laughing, almost in a possessive type of way. Why? They weren't his boobs.

"Niall, enough," he said, grabbing onto my arm and leading me away from the snorting blonde and back towards the beach. I didn't argue, I was pretty cold.

Later that night around the fire, Niall decided to bring up what had happened in the water, causing everyone to laugh, and Niall to completely lose it again. Liam was the only one to remain quiet, staring at his hands while everyone made jokes about my little show.

"I bet you enjoyed the show, eh, Liam?" Louis crowed, elbowing the sullen boy. He shook his head and didn't answer, creating an awkward silence around the circle. I was confused as to why he was making such a big production out of it. Was he jealous? I sure hoped so.

"You little slut!" yelled Casey, joking. I was still extremely pissed at her, and I decided to just be a bitch.

"Says the girl who stripped the first night we were here," I spat back at her, crossing my arms over my chest. She was taken aback by my hostility and flinched. Everyone around the fire looked from me, then to Liam, and then to Casey, wondering what the hell was going on.

The rest of the fire was stiff, everyone pretty much walking on eggshells, afraid to insult anybody. I knew that it was basically my fault, but I couldn't find it in myself to care all that much.

Liam barely spoke to me when we slept next to each other that night. I was still cradled in his arms, but we didn't converse, instead just falling right asleep. I couldn't help but think that I had taken things a bit too far. Just like I always did.
♠ ♠ ♠
xx
Dare