Status: Active

Flight 1D Down.

Chapter Two: Congratulations Cody!

"If I'm louder, would you see me? Would you lay down in my arms and rescue me?" I sang softly to myself, strumming the guitar. I could feel the callouses already beginning to form on my fingers, having been practicing for the past three hours. Teaching yourself to play guitar was not easy, let me tell you.

I was sitting in the tiny recording studio in my basement, my safe haven. I had turned most of the lights off except for a tiny lamp in the corner, giving me enough light to see the strings and frets. I paused briefly, trying to find the next chord structure I needed. C? Damn, those were hard.

Strum. It sounded perfect.

"Cuz we are," strum, "the same," strum, "You save me, and when-" the guitar made a funky noise that resembled that of a dying mammal. I groaned in frustration, slapping my palm against the wood. I laid it down on it's stand and sat there, my hands in my lap. I was probably the worst guitar player in the world. So much for that career.

I looked at my out-of-date cellphone, seeing that I had a missed call from Casey. Sighing, I decided that I would get back to her later, reason being I wasn't really in the mood to talk. Guitar playing really discouraged me and left me in a bit of a somber mood. I placed my phone into the front pocket of my white Jack Willis sweatshirt that I had just recently received in the mail. It was one of my most prized possessions, having wanted one for such a long time.

I made my way up the carpeted stairs, listening to the familiar sounds of my house. My mom was lounging on our love seat in the living room watching The Dick Van Dyke Show. Normally, I would have joined her, but I didn't really feel like it. As usual, my dad was no where in sight, probably still in bed. I winced when I heard my obnoxious little sister singing, more like screaming, into her karaoke machine that my parents had bought her. I tried my best to tune it out, like I always did. It was much too early for this.

"Tabitha, can you shut up for five seconds, please?" I growled, walking past her wide-open bedroom door. In an attempt to piss me off even more, she sang louder and rose the volume on the machine with a smile. I swear, sometimes I hated that kid.

When I finally made it into my room, I flopped onto my Queen Sized bed, finding comfort in my Union Jack bedspread that I had just purchased from Jack Willis as well. It wasn't cheap and I had to save up a lot for it. I unwillingly dipped into my bank account, or my "Directioner Fund" as I liked to call it. Otherwise known as the money that I was working two jobs to earn so that I could see my five boys in concert.

When you looked at me, you wouldn't automatically know that I was a hardcore Directioner. And I mean hardcore. I fangirled over them like it was my job. Though I didn't exactly fit the "criteria" for it, I suppose.

I was a bit on the edgy side, rather than clean cut like my two best friends were. I had bright green eyes, with long, wavy brown hair that came down to the middle of my back. I had briefly considered dip-dyeing my tips blonde, but Casey had told me that I would regret it. I was very short, under five foot, and it was annoying. Especially when I couldn't be taken seriously because of how tiny I was.

Casey was a bit on the delicate side. Her paler complexion almost added to that. I always felt like I had to keep an an eye on her, considering she was a bit naive. I liked her style though, sweet and girly. She had long blonde tresses, not quite as long as my hair, and vibrant blue eyes. She was most defininetly a catch, but a very subtle catch. She was the one that had to be approached, rather than putting herself out there. But once you got know her, she was spastic and psycho. In a good way, of course.

Evelyn, my other best friend, was gorgeous as well. She was tall and very thin, model thin, as well as having a sun-kissed glow on her skin twenty-four seven. I envied that about her, I'll admit. Though she was pretty, she was very modest and laid back. She had deep chocolate eyes with dark, almost black hair. She wasn't afraid to tell you what was on her mind, and she was someone that we needed in our group. She never beat around the bush, and with her there was no bullshit.

I didn't find myself all that special, if I was being honest. I was just your typical American girl who wanted bigger things in life than her stuffy little town had to offer. Deciding that I wasn't going to depress myself any more with my dreams that I would probably never accomplish, I grabbed my laptop and signed on.

I had a strange feeling that I should check my email, and I did so. I had over one-thousand unread emails. Yeah, I never checked that shit.

One email in particular caught my eye and I felt as if the entire world around me came to a halt. The subject read: "Congratulations, Cody!" and it was from Flying Start.

No way. No freaking way.

About a month prior, the three of us had signed up for the Flying Start contest that One Direction was doing. I never thought in a million years that I would win, doing it for fun, but still hoping. I never won anything. Not raffles, not lottery tickets, not even boys. I just simply didn't win. And I was learning to be okay with my unlucky self.

But now staring at the email, my heart pounding in my ears, I wondered if maybe my luck had finally changed.

Congratulations Cody Burns!

You are a winner of the Flying Start Contest! You and two other winners will be flying down to the Caribbean Islands for a relaxing weekend of luxery!

You will stay in a five-star hotel right on the coast of Pelican Cays, in their finest suite. All hotel privledges, such as the gym, breakfast, bar etc, will be paid for by us here at Flying Start, so you can focus on enjoying your weekend to the fullest.

As an added surprise, you and the other two will be joined by the world's most famous boyband: One Direction!

Your private flight with the boys will be leaving this Friday which should give you enough time to pack and get ready for this exciting trip! Don't forget your sunscreen!

Congrats again, Cody!

Sincerely,

Flying Start.

I read the letter at least twenty times before I could understand the words on the computer screen. Cody Burns, that was me. One Direction, that was them. Airplane, Bahama Islands, luxury. This was surreal.

A weekend with One Direction. It was every teenage girl's dream.

I fell in love with their music, their charisma, and personalities from the beginning. Their looks were just an added bonus to the heaping pile of wonderful that they were. Each one of them had something that stuck out to me, something that I would now have the chance to witness in person.

With Niall, it was his carefree personality and his bottomless pit known as his stomach.

With Louis, it was his sass and his craziness. I wanted to see it firsthand, and watch the sass-master in action.

With Zayn, it was his eyes, a beautiful golden brown, as well as his smooth voice. I also wouldn't protest if he let me wear one of his Letterman Jackets.

With Harry, it was his hair, so voluptuous and perfect, and his cheeky personality. It was a life goal of mine to have Harry Styles hit on me at least once.

And with Liam? Well, with Liam it was his everything. I hated picking favorites when it came to the boys, but if I had to choose, it would be him. He was so wonderful to me, everything about him. His sweet personality, his hearty laugh and the way he looked when he did it, his puppy-dog eyes that made me want to save every child in Africa, his precious smile, his dorky love for Toy Story and Batman, and especially his drive. I had never met the boy before, but I felt as if I did. He was so perfect that it hurt.

And I was going to be face to face with Liam Payne in, what day was it? Monday? Five days. I would see Liam James Payne, the most incredible human being in the world, in five days.

And I was just sitting there catching flies in my mouth.

I let out a high pitched scream as I flew out of my room, almost tripping when I got to the bottom step.

"Mom! MOM! MOM! MOM! HOLY TITTY SPRINKLES! MOM!" I shrieked, jumping onto her lap and using mine, Casey's and Evelyn's favorite phrase. She groaned from my sudden weight on her aging body and rolled her eyes, "MOOOOOOOOTHER!" I screamed in her face again, too excited to even contain myself.

"What?" she said unamused, trying to look around me at her television show. I grabbed her face in my hands, forcing her to look at me. This was serious shit, Mommy Dearst.

"I AM GOING TO BE SEEING LIAM PAYNE, I WON, MOM, I WON, I WON, I WON, I WON!" She looked at me confused, wondering what I could possibly be talking about.

"What did you win, Cody?" she asked warily, thinking that I was most certainly off my rocker.

I explained the entire story to her, jumping around the living room in a tizzy. At first she didn't believe me, so I showed her the email. I could not sit down, I was so incredibly elated. Screw cloud nine, I was on cloud infinity. Someone could have burned down my house, raped and pillaged my entire town, threw my dog off of a cliff and cut off all of my hair and I would still be smiling.

I ripped my phone out of my sweatshirt and texted Casey telling her that I was coming over immediatly. I needed a fellow Directioner to share this news with, I needed someone to jump for joy and cry happy tears with me. I also texted Evelyn, telling her to meet me at Casey's house.

Dragging my mom out the front door and into the driveway, I stopped for a minute. Shit, what if they didn't win?

Chances are, they didn't, and I would be rubbing it in their faces. Pity and guilt filled my stomach as I buckled my seatbelt. Well, they would be happy for me, right? Of course they would. They were my best friends. I would take tons of pictures, and I would have the boys call them, and video chat with them on my laptop. I would make sure to give Harry, Evelyn's number, and Louis, Casey's as well. Damn, I was such a good friend.

As we pulled away from my house, I turned up the radio right as Liam Payne's voice filled the car.

"I've tried playing it cool, but when I'm looking at you, I can't ever be brave because you make my heart race," he sang angelically, making my heart race just like the song stated. I giggled, geeked and squealed the entire ride to Casey's, my mom threatening to have me committed.

Five days, baby, five days.
♠ ♠ ♠
xx
Dare