Status: Active

Flight 1D Down.

Chapter Three: Congratulations Evelyn!

I jogged up to my front door and grabbed the handle, twisting it slightly and used my shoulder to push it open. I kicked off my sneakers and dropped my water bottle in the sink as I grabbed a banana out of the fruit basket on the countertop. I logged into my computer with one hand as I unpeeled the banana with the other. I took a bite as I scrolled through the 40 new emails, most from colleges or family member and a few from work, but one stuck out. It was from Flying Start and the subject read ‘Congratulations Evelyn!’ Flying Start was a competition my best friends, Cody and Casey, and I entered a few weeks ago to spend a weekend with our favourite band, One Direction.

I clicked on the email as I closed my eyes and prepared myself for the disappointing news. I slowly opened my right eye and saw ‘Congratulations’ written across the top of the email. My eyes sprung open as I began as I gasped and began to choke on the banana. I quickly swallowed the fruit and scrolled down on my computer.

“Mom!” I screamed as I threw the banana on the counter and ran up the stairs to her bedroom and began pounding on her door. It suddenly flew open and I stumbled into her room.

“I won!” She looked at me annoyed as she went back to putting away her laundry. “Won what?”

“The Flying Start competition to go spend a weekend with One Direction in the Caribbean! MOM I WON!” She laughed softly and reached into her closet to grab my luggage. “Better get packing, then!”

I squealed as I ran to my room to call Cody and Casey. I grabbed my prehistoric cell-phone and realized I had a text from Cody saying: GO TO CASEY’S NOW!

I laughed to myself as I threw the suitcase on my bed and ran to the front hallway to put my sneakers on. “Mom, I’m going to run to Casey’s! I’ll get a ride from her!”

I slammed the door shut before she could say anything and put my headphones in my ears and pressed play. ‘Wings’ by Little Mix came on and I started to sprint to Casey’s, each step matching with the rhythm of the song. I started thinking about what Cody had to tell us. She couldn’t have won as well, there was no way. It was almost impossible for one of us to win, so there’s no way two of us could have won!

I quickly turned the corner onto her Casey’s street as I hastily threw my hair in a low bun. I never wear my hair up but when I do, it’s because I’m running. I’m always doing something athletic. I play lacrosse and I love dancing and playing tennis, which I was starting this year. My hair changes length because I love to wear extensions. But right now it’s about right below my bust and is dark, almost black. My eyes are a deep brown that goes well with my olive skin tone. I’m 5’7 and still growing each day, I’m also very thin. It’s only because I’m athletic because I promise, I eat more than two grown men. My style is very girls but very out there. If you know who Jade is from Little Mix, my fashion sense matches hers. I also love music, especially singing. I’m the one who isn’t afraid to say exactly what’s on my mind even if it’s hurtful because I’d rather that than lie.

Casey is very conservative and I like that about her. She has curly blonde hair the same length as mine and a very pale skin tone. She too was athletic and loved music which was how we became friends. She has an obnoxious laugh and eats more than I do, but still maintains a slim shape. She’s about 3 inches shorter than I am and a more conservative way of dressing. But she still loves fashion. She’s the one who you have to watch out for as she falls in love too easily, but still knows when to stop.

Cody on the other hand is very edgy, and we love that about her. She’s the one you go to if someone’s messing with you because she’ll fuck shit up. I once heard her tell someone to ‘pull your head out of your ass and realize that you’re a shitty fucking person.’ Right?! That shit’s crazy. She has long wavy brown hair that compliments her skin tone. She’s short. Very short. In fact she’s not even 5 feet tall! She wont settle for anything less than perfect and that’s what I admire about her.

I took my headphones out as I approached Casey’s door and knocked once. “COME IN, BITCH!”

I giggled up at Casey whose head was sticking out of her window above me. I flipped her off as I pushed her door open andran up to her messy bedroom. I was not prepared in the slightest for what awaited me on the other side of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
xx
Dare