Status: Active

Flight 1D Down.

Chapter Nine: Where Are We?

I quickened my pace to catch up to Harry and snapped a picture on the digital camera I brought. He looked up, a stunned expression crossing his face, "Wait until I post this on Tumblr. I'll title it 'Harry Carries My Bags," I explained using my hands to express my sarcasm.

He chuckled as I looked back down to the tiny screen on my camera, inspecting my photography. He reached in front of me and grabbed the camera out of my hands before snapping a shot of me. I threw my hands up in front of my face, blocking the shot, "Harry!"

"Well, if I have to suffer through it, then so do you," he snapped a few more pictures as I giggled and tried to block the pictures with my hands. He began to try and tickle my sides to get me to drop my hands, "Harry, I swear to God. My earlier offer of hitting you in the balls still stands."

He chuckled slightly before handing me back my camera and picking our bags up. He motioned towards the stairs with his right hand and I began to climb them. Upon stepping onto the private jet, I gasped at the sight before me. It was a beautiful with almost a peaceful feel to it. Which I was grateful for, knowing that Casey doesn't do well with planes. I looked over at her and noticed her take a seat across from Louis and Niall. I sat down by the window in the first row and waited for the plane took off. After a few failed attempts to open the overhead compartment, Louis came over and helped Harry put our bags in the compartment as well as Cody with hers. Harry smiled as he took the seat next to me. I buckled my seat belt before reaching into my bag and taking my iPod out.

I put my headphones in my ears as the plane took off, I did not like this part. I absolutely hated the taking off part of being on a plane. I pressed play and let 'I Wish' by the one and only One Direction blare through my headphones as I squeezed my eyes shut. The music in my left ear stopped as someone had taken the headphone out. That someone being Harry. "Harry, why?" I smply asked the curly-hared weirdo. He shrugged as he put the headphone in his own ear as I switched the other one to my ear closer to Harry. I blushed for a moment remembering the song that was playing.

"I'm sorry, I'll change it," I said quickly as I picked up my iPod and went to unlock it.

"No, wait. I like this song," He started singing the words softly to me I hear the beat of my heart getting louder whenever I'm near you. I began to harmonize softly with him on the chorus. But stopped when I looked over and saw him staring at me. "Why are you staring at me?"

He cleared his throat before moving his mouth closer to my ear, "I think we're having a moment." I chuckled at his cheekiness. "Harry, I think you're trying to have a staring contest with me but you were too stunned by my beauty to ask me to play. It's okay, I understand."

He seemed taken aback for a moment but then recovered from the harsh rejection I had just given him. But I wasn't letting him in that easy. No matter who he was. Yeah, I'm sort of stupid. "I've never met someone who could trump my cheekiness," he said as we ascended into the sky. I squeezed my eyes shut again, and steadied my already irregular breathing. "Are you alright, Love?" Harry asked when he noticed my actions. I nodded furiously before taking a deep breath. "I'm fine."

Apparently Harry didn't believe my constant pleas so he grabbed my hand and started drawing circles on my palm with his thumb. I looked over to him and smiled, signaling my thanks before leaning into him a bit. When the plane was finally full in the air, I leaned back up and slowly drew my hand back, much to my own dismay. I turned around to see what everyone else was doing. Zayn was asleep as Casey was writing in that diary she brought. Why would she bring a damn diary to meet One Direction? The world may never know. I looked to Louis and Niall who were staring intensely across to Casey. I giggled to myself as I noticed Liam and Cody deep in conversation and he was holding her hand before looking back at Harry who was smiling at me. "What the fuck are you so happy about, Curly?"

"Nice black underwear, babe," He winked before turning his head and laying back and closing his eyes. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped before I reached back and pulled up my now low rise jeans before turning aroung back into my seat and crossing my arms over my chest. "Harry."

No answer.

"Harry." I said a little louder.

Still no answer. I reach over and pulled the beanie off his head and he shot right up, "Harry."

"Give me back my beanie," He looked me in the eyes with his hand stretched out towards me. I looked him dead in the eyes, "Apologize."

"What? No," he answered as he reached forward and tried to snatch the beanie from my hands. I was quicker, though, and I pulled it back and placed it on my own head, "Come get it," I don't know where this wave of confidence came from, but I liked it. He smiled before slowly coming forward, balancing his weight on his hands as he pulled up the armrest. I backed up so that my back was against the small window that was once on my right. He came forward and was inches away as my breath hitched in my throat. I turned my head to the side to avoid his gaze that was set on my eyes and could feel his warm breath on my neck as he inched his way up to grab his beanie. I shut my eyes as he took it off my head and waited for him to back up. Instead, he whispered his apology into my ear and backed away into his seat once more before returning the beanie to it's original position and leaning back and closing his eyes.

It wasn't long after Harry dozed off that I too began to drift off to sleep. I was dreaming of being famous when I felt someone shake me. "Evelyn. Evelyn! Wake up!"

I sat up, slowly and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, "What's going on?" Harry had his hands on my shoulders and had a look of fear in his eyes, "Put your seat belt on. The captain just came on and said we were going into a storm cloud and we need to buckle up because there's going to be-" right on cue the plane began to shake violently, causing me to scream in surprise. I threw my arms around Harry's neck and jumped into his lap, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck, "Save me Harry," I whispered. I was answered by another shake of the plane that caused Harry, Casey and I to shriek once more. I heard Liam and Louis argue about Liam's tendencies to say 'everything's fine' before the plane went dead silent.

The captains intercom was on, "Th-this is your captain speaking, it seems that o-our engine has been struck on our ri-right side and we are headed downward. Please, brace for impact, and pray for-" I didn't bother listening to the end before I started hearing comforting things from Harry. I didn't want to hear his lies, though. I knew we were going to die.

It didn't take long for Casey to start wailing like a baby. I knew that I wanted to cry but that wasn't going to do anything to help the situation. I buried my head deeper into the crook of Harry's neck as I stifled a few sobs as he reached up and began stroking my hair. "No, no, no, don't sit down in the seats," Liam announced. I looked up at the older boy who was taking charge. "We need to get to the back of the plane so we won't take the brunt of the impact."

I felt my heart drop as I could feel us getting closer to our pending deaths and began shaking, "Will that work?" Harry asked Liam as he pulled me closer to his chest.

"We'll find out," Liam said, "Now come on, there's not much time," he ordered us. I unbuckled my seat belt as Harry undid his own and stood up next to me. "Harry, come on!" I screeched as I pulled his dazed body towards the bars in the back of the plane. He snapped back into reality as he threw me behind him and wrapped his free arm around my waist as I held onto the bar for dear life. Harry kept murmuring things to reassure us that we'd be fine. As soon as I started to believe him the plane shook hard causing me to lurch forward and hit my head on the metal bar. I felt my head start to bleed and my vision slowly begin to slip away from me. Before I knew it, everything was hazy, until finally, it was black.

Ouch. My head hurts. I reached my hand up to my head and felt a sticky substance on my fingers. I'm bleeding. I coughed as tried to open my eyes but the sun was too bright, so I threw my arm over them to shield myself from the bright UV rays. I rubbed my head and looked up to meet Harry's green orbs, "What happened?"

Harry's features grew solemn as he pulled the beanie off of his head, "I tried my best, Evelyn. But when the plane crashed you hit your head and got knocked out and I didn't know what to do and I thought you were dead and-" I stopped him when I kissed him lightly on the cheek, "You didn't let go of me. Thank you. You saved my life." He nodded a few times before helping me sit up, which hurt like a bitch. No matter how much my head screamed in pain, I would not allow myself to express it. It was not the time to be a nuisance. I began to wring out my long brown hair and take off my socks and sneakers while everyone got on the sand.

"Well," Louis said as Zayn stood up straight a few feet away from Harry and I, "This was definitely not according to the plan," Niall started laughing harder than I'd ever heard the boy laugh before which caused us all to follow suit, except for Casey who shot us all a death glare.

"How can any of you be laughing at a time like this? We're stranded on a fucking island, not on some beach resort!" She screamed as she got up and stomped down the beach. No one got up to go after her and I figured standing wouldn't help my head in the slightest so neither did I. Oh well, she'd get over it sometime. Louis took off running after her before I could tell him that it was a lost cause. I leaned back and propped myself up with my elbows as Harry followed suit.

"Was it something I said?" Niall asked us lot. I saw Cody shake her head and giggled almost inaudibly, "Does anyone have any idea where we are?" I asked and almost regretted it as my head screamed in pain as I did. Liam looked around as if he could find a landmark that would tell us.

"Well, we're on an island in the middle of the Caribbean, that is the extent of my knowledge," Cody answered with sarcasm dripping off every word, "Thanks, smart ass," I replied as I laid back down in the sand, "Can we just find a hotel or something?" I asked, clearly not wanting to lay on the beach any longer. I hated nature.

"Niall, and Harry, go grab Louis and head that way," Liam, said pointing to his left, "Zayn, you're going to stay here with the girls," Zayn and I looked at each other and nodded like two friends in class when your teacher tells you to find a partner. Just as Everyone was getting ready to go, Louis came back with a much calmer Casey in tow.

"No, I'm going, too," Cody demanded of Liam. I wasn't going anywhere. I was going to sit right on this beach and assess my injuries.

"Fine," Liam told Cody, "As I was saying: Niall, Harry and Lou, you're going to head that way and see if you can find anybody. Zayn, Evelyn and Casey will stay on the beach, and see if anybody comes. And I guess that leaves Cody and I to head this way," he said as he pointed in the opposite direction.

Louis grabbed Harry's shirt and yanked him away from me and did the same with Niall, and started trotting down the beach. Zayn sat down where Harry had been and smiled at me. I looked up and got sun in my eyes so I frowned and closed my eyes again. I heard Cody and Liam go into the foliage and began to sit up, "Zayn can you help me up?" He quickly put a hand on my back and began pushing slowly, "Casey, come here," I demanded of the uneasily quiet girl, "Can you check out my head?" She nodded slowly as she began to look closer at it with Zayn watching her intently, "It needs to be cleaned and you need to put something over it to stop the bleeding."

"How do you know about all of this?" Zayn asked Casey before helping me to stand, "I used to be a girl scout."

"Oh. Cool," he simply stated at her achievement. I squinted slightly and began to observe our surroundings. The only thing in sight besides rocks, trees, and flowers was a slowly sinking airplane. I sighed as I walked towards the water and sat down in it. I couldn't find an easy way to get my cut wet without using my hands so I just decided to go for a swim to clean it. I'd read somewhere that salt water heals wounds faster, so I knew what to do without having to be in years of girl scouts. I stood up and dove into the clear water ahead of me and shot right back up. I couldn't help but wonder what the others where doing while I was going for a swim. If only I had my bathing suit, this would be okay with me. My bathing suit! "Zayn, Casey!" Both of them looked up at me from their distant corners of the beach, "How do you feel about swimming out to the plane and getting a few of our suitcases and whatnot?" Zayn shook his head immediately but Casey nodded, "Zayn you can stay near the shore and grab the stuff that I swim out to you. Casey you can stay on the plane and throw the things out to me and I'll swim them back. We can switch after a few suitcases so I don't drown and die."

The two just nodded as I started swimming towards the plane. I heard a splash and realized that Casey must've jumped in behind me. I increased my pace but instantly regretted it as I felt a pang in my head. I slowed down and kept a pace that matched Casey until we were both in the plane, "Case, should we open this door so some of the water goes in here?" I pointed in the direction of the cockpit. Casey nodded and reached out to open the door. The water began to fill the small room, slowly, and I glanced around to notice a slumped over figure in the corner, "Oh shit, Casey, we forgot about the pilot," I quickly turned around and covered my mouth, not wanting to get sick. It didn't work and I opened the door to the plane and threw up outside the door. I sat down and let my legs dangle outside the plan as I sat in the doorway, "You alright?" Casey asked, sympathetically.

"I just saw a dead man who we probably could have saved if we didnt forget about him. So to answer your question, no. I am not okay," I paused waiting to see her reaction. She just turned around on her heel and began to open all of the overhead compartments, "Let's just get this done with."

After what felt like hours later, all of the suitcases were on the shore as well as were Casey and I. It was perfect timing, too, because everyone was slowly starting to make their way back to us.

"How did our suitcases get on shore?" Louis asked us with a surprised but bemused expression, "Well Louis, Casey, Zayn and I went and got them. Thanks for packing for like a month too, yours was heaviest." He flushed in embarrassment as he bent down to gather his belongings. I took every ones distraction as an opportunity to talk to Liam about the pilot, "Liam, can I talk to you for a second?" He nodded as he set his suitcase down and kissed Cody on the cheek before coming over to talk to me.

"Liam, when Casey and I went back to the plane, we saw something," I felt sick just talking about it and had to take a second to myself, "I'm sorry it's just I've never seen a dead person before and I really wasn't trying to anytime soon and I-"

"Wait, who died?" Liam asked, breaking my ramble, "The pilot, Liam. He's dead." I choked on the last word a bit and turned around to face the others, who were obviously eavesdropping on our conversation. I looked up at their faces. Casey and Cody were hugging as Casey wept into Cody's shoulder. Niall was sitting on a rock with his head in his hands as Zayn rubbed his back, comfortingly. I looked over a bit more and saw Harry and Louis looking at Liam and I as if we had all of the answers, "We're going to be okay, we're going to get out of here," he reassured them.

I could only wish that he would be right.
♠ ♠ ♠
xx
Dare