Status: still in progress

The Ebony Secret

Lassirra

They walked together, in the mesmerizing silence. Alexis had to stay at least two feet behind the little fairy-like being, to avoid kicking her. She figured she wouldn't want to hurt the one that might help bring her home.

"Why I came to you is because, I believe you have something that belongs to me.", the girl said to Alexis amidst the silence. For a moment, Alexis wondered what it was the fairy was asking about, and then her hand reached down to her pocket. She pulled out the flute and handed it to her. The fairy thanked her, and began to play a beautiful, playful melody. While she played it, they continued to walk, their footsteps making no sound.

A little while later, Alexis stepped up to ask the question she had on her mind.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes?" came the answer.

"I was just wondering, because you never told me; what is your name?"

"My name is Lassirra."

"That's a pretty name" Alexis said, just hoping to break the silence for a while. Lassirra smiled at her, giving her a warm feeling inside. The further they walked, the more the air had an iridescent shimmer to it. Within minutes, all Alexis could see was Lassirra and swirls of rainbow colors. Then, in a single moment, she realized she was dreaming and woke up suddenly.