Wholeness

In Love With the Feeling

The crowd is pulsing around me, with me, against me, and all I can do is flow with it. And I don’t care. The music is so loud that it fills me head to toe with a feeling I can only describe as bliss; full and exciting. I just feel so…at home. I raise my hands and sing the words with all my might, my vocal cords straining yet I cannot hear myself over the screech of the guitars, the vibration of the bass in my ears and beneath my feet, the echo of the crowd all around me. I am in love with this feeling of wholeness that surrounds me and makes me want to fly, so I do.

“Pick me up!” I shout to the person next to me. They hoist me up above and suddenly there are hands everywhere, throwing me to the next, getting me closer and closer the stage. The music gets louder and more exciting. I feel like I’m floating.

I’m dropped, but I land alright. I jump up with the pulsating excitement of the people around me and we all jump together and throw our hands in the air. I’m so close to the stage that the singer’s eyes are blue and he has a tattoo of a diamond on his forearm. Sweat upon sweat sticks to all of us, but we couldn’t care less as we are too engulfed in the music, too enthralled with the lyrics and sounds and the feeling of wholeness to notice.

I never want it to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
word count 260