Status: Because I am studying, I'll try and update once a week.

The Nightmare Has Just Began

The Appointment

Nightmares - A dream that arouses the feelings of fear, terror and distress. The dream may contain situations of danger, discomfort, psychological and physical terror. Sufferers usually awaken in a state of distress and may be unable to return to sleep for a short period of time. The sufferer is also likely to remember the events of the dream.

As 3am rolls by, I do everything in my power to stay awake. At the moment I'm sitting on my apartment buildings rooftop, watching and listening to the explosions in the distances, the sound is kind of comforting. I saw the bat signal in the sky meaning batman is out, going after which ever villain is responsible for the explosions.
I had a feeling someone was watching me either it's me being paranoid from my dream or someone is actually watching, I look around to see if i spot anyone but i don't, so i shake off the feeling and went back inside.
A couple of hours later I heard mum get up meaning it was 7:30am, So I decided to head down to the kitchen and get some pop tarts.
"Morning Mum" I said
"Zaindia, I've made an appointment for you to see a doctor at Arkham Asylum"
"What? I don't need a doctor" I said as I got up and walked out the house. Yes I know it's stupid and childish to act like this but I should be able to make the choice and she should of came to me and asked what's wrong like a normal person, instead of going behind my back. As I was in my thoughts thinking maybe she does care deep down but in a way I doubt it, I was only going to get my hopes up only for them to get crushed in the long run. I was too caught up in thoughts that I didn’t realize I ended up at the park; I noticed that it was vacant so I walked over to the swings and sat down.

I noticed the sky getting dark and checked the time only to notice that i have been gone for a couple of hours, so started to head back home, before the villains come out and play. As i got to the corner of my street, I noticed a black car parked in the drive way. I started dreading going inside because I have a feeling it’s the doctor, I slowly walked into the living room and noticed a cute nerdy looking guy. Which I'm hoping is the doctor because then I might enjoy these appointments although I'll never say that out loud.
"Zaindia, Finally you’re home, I was so worried that something happened to you. I was about to call the police" said mum with ‘fake’ fear in her voice just to make the doctor believe that she’s a ‘good’ parent. Ha-ha that’s a laugh; I wonder if the doc can tell she’s lying and that she couldn't give a fuck about me and only cares about her reputation.
"I was at the cemetery visiting dad" I replied.
"Oh, well this is Dr Crane, he's a psychiatrist" replied mum
"Hello, your mother has told me about you not sleeping, Is this correct?" said Dr Crane.
"No I have been, I just choose not to" I replied
"Zaindia, stop lying" scolded mum
"I'm not and why do you care about my well-being? You never have before. I had to learn to cook, when I was seven because you were never home and when you were home, you ignored me, so stop putting on this act, that you care because the only reason you care now is because everyone is talking about it, since you like to brag about my "issues" and now that it’s out of control you do the first thing that comes to mind and send me to see a doctor so you don't have your reputation damaged even more than it already is." I replied.I knew I was in for it later when the doctor left so I didn't bother to give her a chance to reply before I walked off.

Once I got to my room, I went straight to the roof.
I was staring at the city planning to run away. When I heard a noise behind me, so I quickly turned around only to realize it was the doctor.
"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you" he said
"That's fine. Sorry about the outburst downstairs, I seriously don't get why mum has changed since dad’s death, and now she's a bitch" I replied
"Some people grieve differently and before you say anything, the way she's treating you, is not right"
"But that's the thing he died when I was six and that was thirteen year ago" I replied as my voice cracked towards the end "listen doc, I don't want these sessions, I'll just be a burden to you anyway, so what's the point"
"You won't be a burden and by the sounds of it you need someone to talk to so, come to the asylum around 10:00am, I'm not going to make you go but if you change your mind, here’s my card" he said as he handed me a card and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading this story, please comment and let me know what you think of it :)

I do have this story up on fanworks.org but that site confused me, so i decided to post it on here.